NvaGvUp 22-Feb-17
joshuaf 22-Feb-17
NvaGvUp 22-Feb-17
Salagi 22-Feb-17
NvaGvUp 22-Feb-17
22-Feb-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Mount Rose is 6.2 miles from our home, albeit 2,900' higher. Never-the-less, 636" of snow since the start of the ski season in late November is ridiculous!

That's 53 FEET of snow and it's still February.

22-Feb-17
No snow yet here in central Florida. I'll keep y'all posted though

22-Feb-17
have you thrown any snow with that new machine yet?

22-Feb-17
Straight Arrow,

Over and over and over again!

Enough already!

22-Feb-17
The Colorado mountain have received a lot of snow this year but specifically in Grand County (Winter Park Resort, Western entrance to Rocky Mountain N.P., Granby) it has rained 3 times in the past month in the valley. A lot of grass is showing in the fields, was in the high 40's this past weekend. I know its rained in a lot of the other mountain towns along the I-70 corridor.

22-Feb-17
double post.

22-Feb-17
John,

I'll take snow and the mountains every day over hurricanes, 95% humidity with 95 degree temperatures, and alligators on the golf course. ;^)

22-Feb-17
Make some boots out of that gator hide and send them out west. Is it rattlesnake bite proof?

22-Feb-17
Kyle, I wouldn't trade it for anywhere in the world. I am jealous sometimes though

22-Feb-17
John,

I hate heat and humidity and I also prefer having four seasons, so the South is out for me.

A long time ago my company had a convention on Marco Island. One day I was playing golf with some friends and one of them hit a drive that bounced into a pond near the fairway.

We were all looking for his ball near the edge of the pond and there was a duck in the water about 15 yards away.

All of a sudden this giant pair of jaws burst out of the water and that was the end of the duck. It was also the end of any of us venturing near a pond to find a ball.

That was one of life's "Holy Sh!t" moments for all of us.

22-Feb-17
"Where the snow is"

They have that chit right!

22-Feb-17
It's not for everyone Kyle, being born and raised here you get used to it. Plus I live right in the middle of the state, far away from the crazies.

22-Feb-17

"Summer skiing? Squaw Valley says it plans to stay open until July 4

By Amy Graff, San Francisco Chronicle February 22, 2017

If spring skiing in California means hitting the slopes in shorts and a T-shirt, what do you wear for summer skiing? A swim suit?

Ski enthusiasts might find themselves confronted with this question as Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows plans to stay open until July 4 this year.

The Tahoe-area resort has seen some 565 inches of accumulative snowfall this season. That's over 47 feet.

"In 2017 alone, since January 1, we've had 460 inches," said Sam Kieckhefer, a spokesperson for Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. "Our season average is 450 inches. We received more snow since the start of 2017 than our average season." Kieckhefer added: "We are 91 days into our season, and we're expecting to operate on July 4 and so that means we're not even halfway done with the season."

22-Feb-17
You're getting all our snow, and then some. We normally get a few feet here in southeast Ohio. This year we've only had a couple inches, barely enough to shovel. Not enough for the kids to even sled on.

22-Feb-17
Pic Doc,

When have I ever blamed Trump?

Or were you perhaps directing that to joshuaf?

22-Feb-17
Wow, this Ozark hillbilly has trouble envisioning that much snow. I was in Reno several years back (International Science Fair with some of our students), and we were a little surprised - and happy - at finding snow there at the end of May. Normally we get a little bit here throughout the winter in Northwest Arkansas, but tomorrow they are forecasting record highs some where in the 70's. The "cold front" they are saying we'll get Friday night will only push our lows into the 20's.

22-Feb-17
As of this moment, according to our weather station, we've had 19.73 inches of precipitation already this calendar year, with more to come as there is yet-to-be-melted snow still in the container.

Last year, for the entire year, we had 18", which was by far the most we've had since we've been here.

We get more precipitation than they get on the valley floor because we're at a higher elevation, but still, this is more than we've ever had by far in the eight years we've lived here.

In the valley they've had 8.69" so far compared to the average of 1.77."

• Sitka Gear