Moultrie Mobile
Belize fishing update
Community
Contributors to this thread:
The last savage 25-Feb-17
25-Feb-17
Hello everyone,,3 days and 12 hrs into trip w wife..Flew into Belize city,,,drove 3.5 hrs to small village of Hopkins....Rented Airbnb.cabana. Gorgeous..From a fella from the UK....Waded in front of Cabana fishing..Topwaters and spinners..Caught 1 22 in barracuda,,and small jack craville..Lost two other fish..Next morning at daylight rented 2kayaks .Fished 2 miles down sittee river to ocean..Lost a monster something???? Broke off 60 lb braded line...Saw a giant tarpon scatter 4 ,12 inch fish ..Casted on him,no go..Then caught 5/6lb jack.. Niiiicccee!!!!! Got to mouth of river at ocean ..HUGE barracuda. Slammed Whopper plopper top water bait...Cut the damn line ..But i had his ass for a minute....Lol..Yes I know tie a leader on dumb ass... Check.....Saw 3 Crocs while on river...23 ft deep....My brave better half can't swim.....Left Central coast. Drove on down a long pennisula..To I mean the dam end...hardcore fishing lodge...Lol my wife didn't even realize it was a fishing lodge.. Actually Airbnb.had it as lil cabina...On lagoon before daylight...No Topwater action.But did rip 4 barracuda on homemade bucktail type lure...Wife shopping this evening..got good insight from guide on where to knock down a tarpon tis evening.....I'm jacked up..! More to come..All fishing on my own..Out of kayak here....To many pesky ole makos hanging around...lol to surf wade....More to come..PS 90 degrees here now... Ahhh

• Sitka Gear