Community
Contributors to this thread:
Anony Mouse 26-Feb-17
HA/KS 26-Feb-17
Shuteye 27-Feb-17
Anony Mouse 27-Feb-17
26-Feb-17

26-Feb-17
I posted it here the first day it flew, you must have missed it then. Amazing project.

27-Feb-17
I got to watch the restoration of the B 17 flying fortress Shoo Shoo Baby. It took years but they got it completed and flew it to a museum out West. They had to bring in pilots that knew how to fly it since the pilots at Dover AFB were Jet pilots. The one thing that amazed me was how tiny the pods were that held the gunners. I wouldn't fit in there. It had to be very very cold in there. Machine guns all over the place. I was very lucky because one of they guys working on the restoration worked with me and got me a pass to get into the airbase.

Since I always let the reservist have days off to fly, the base commander let me come to the base and spend an entire day with a C 5A crew. They were all reservist. I got to fly down to Kitty Hawk, where it all started. We ate good and had KFC and a bunch of goodies from big boxes. I sat in the navigator's seat since they had stopped using a navigator. They told me not to touch any of the switches and I said no to worry. That is where you move the fuel from one tank to another. You can also change the tires pressure since it depends on what kind of runway your are landing on as to what tire pressure should be. Amazing to me. No one saw us at 1500 feet just off Virginia Beach, checking the bathing beauties since our C5A was camo painted.

27-Feb-17
Henry...I remembered the video, but could not find it handily. Thought this was a different version. No matter, worth seeing these sorts even if resurrected from the past.

• Sitka Gear