Woods Walker 11-Apr-17
Tiger eye 12-Apr-17
Shuteye 12-Apr-17
Glunt@work 12-Apr-17
Mike B 12-Apr-17
NvaGvUp 12-Apr-17
Woods Walker 12-Apr-17
11-Apr-17
Here's why liberals should never, ever be involved in, nor even comment on, anything that has to with the military.

When the video of our Tomahawk attack on the Syrian airbase was posted, the first thing I noticed was that the runways were intact. But having served and flown in the USAF myself, I knew that bombing runways is pretty much a waste of time and explosives. If you have a bulldozer, a grater and some quick-dry concrete, you can put a runway back in service within a few hours. Yet the left, knowing nothing, went nuts and quickly claimed the attack was a failure because, "Look. Airplanes are taking off already!"

That said,

"Pentagon on Syrian airstrike: ‘We didn’t crater the runway’

APRIL 11, 2017 BY JOHN SEXTON

Over the weekend there was a report from Reuters that seemed to really excite people on the left who were eagerly looking for a reason to pronounce the airstrike on a Syrian military base a failure:

Obama adviser Ben Rhodes highlighted the report suggesting it showed the airstrike had only disabled the airfield “for a few hours.”

'Ben Rhodes ?@brhodes

So Obama was excoriated in DC for years for not taking a strike that disabled an airfield for a few hours.'

Judd Legum at Think Progress said it proved the airstrike had not been a success:

ThinkProgress also published a story titled “The U.S. strike in Syria failed to change anything.”

"1. I'm puzzled about the characterization of Trump's bombing of Syria as a success. What metrics are we using?'

'2. The airbase was operational the next day. Equipment was moved out before the attack'

U.S. officials said the strike was intended to make it harder for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to carry out future chemical attacks against his own citizens. But it didn’t accomplish that."

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the air base targeted by the U.S. was back up and running with 24 hours.

"ABC News reports that two jets took off from the base on Friday and “carried out strikes on areas under ISIS control in the countryside of eastern Homs.”

As this idea that the strike had been a failure because the runways were left intact began to spread, the President responded on Twitter:

'The reason you don't generally hit runways is that they are easy and inexpensive to quickly fix (fill in and top)!'

So the left was pushing the idea that the airstrike had accomplished nothing, but Monday the Pentagon clarified that was not at all the case. In fact, the airstrike had accomplished its goals. From Military.com:

""In a Pentagon briefing Monday, Army Col. John Thomas said, “We didn’t crater the runway. We were not trying to make the airfield long-term inoperable. What we did was degrade the Syrians’ ability to carry out chemical weapons attacks from that base in the short term.”

Thomas said the strikes destroyed “tens of thousands of gallons of fuel” and “destroyed or rendered inoperable” more than 20 aircraft.

Gen. Mattis announced the attack had destroyed “20 percent of Syria’s operational aircraft.” Mattis also alluded to the issue of the runways saying, “The Syrian government has lost the ability to refuel or rearm aircraft at Shayrat airfield and, at this point, use of the runway is of idle military interest.”

The airstrikes did significant damage to Syria’s air force as well as fuel storage and other targets at the base. But the progressive left is so eager to proclaim the strike a failure they are ignoring evidence that doesn’t fit their agenda."

11-Apr-17
Liberals should never ever be allowed to comment on anything that requires rational thought...

11-Apr-17
Yea. That, too!

11-Apr-17
Tantamount to having a Doofus pacifist in your corner for a boxong match....clueless, out of touch, head up ass...never been there.... Mad Dog

11-Apr-17
People playing critical party politics on a subject they have zero experience in are equivalent to what I blow out my nose to clean my sinus cavity's every morning. Liberals have perfected them both. God Bless men

11-Apr-17
I'm no military guy Kyle, but I'm a coatings guy. If there's a hole in a runway, they can fill it with clean, dry, quartzite sand, scrape it even, saturate it with methyl methacrylate and be utilizing the runway in MINUTES!! And it'll have greater compressive strength and better resist freeze-thaw etc than the original concrete.

11-Apr-17
Libs should be silent where truth is concerned, because they have no concept of it. It's either that or they're morons if they actually believe the crap they spew.

12-Apr-17
Their plan would have been to target runways. THAT would have been a failure. Million dollar guided missiles and you target a F'n runway? Only a liberal would do that when weapon caches fuel supplies and aircraft are available as targets within a few hundred yards. Of course we can always draw a bright red line on the runway too

12-Apr-17
Orionsbrother, I have used Methyl Methacrylate by the tank car loads. We just called it MMA. I polymerized it with monmers to make latex. It is smelly stuff.

12-Apr-17
I wonder what they call a bomb damage assessment now. It is mostly not bombs doing the damage these days. Personally I would like to see nothing in the press about any war related event and am very happy that the current administration seems to take operational security serious and has stopped commenting officially. Obama should have been prosecuted for outing so-called SEAL Team 6 for OBL.

12-Apr-17
The point was to send a message. Tomahawks landing in the desert wouldn't have said much. So, you pick a target related to the chem attack, tell your frenemy to clear out because you are going to blow some stuff up in his buddies base and then you knock out some buildings and some equipment that they didn't get moved.

12-Apr-17
Kyle...you almost had it, but the title was too long. Should have been simply:

"Libs should be silent"

12-Apr-17
JTV,

ROTFLMAO!

Gay sex, trigger warnings, transgender bathrooms: Those are their areas of expertise and their focus on those things is precisely why Hillary lost the election and why they've lost over 1,000 state legislative seats in the past eight years.

12-Apr-17
Still waiting freesh*t. How long are you going to wimp out on us?

• Sitka Gear