Woods Walker 13-Apr-17
Seapig@work 13-Apr-17
Bentstick81 13-Apr-17
TD 14-Apr-17
Shuteye 14-Apr-17
NvaGvUp 14-Apr-17
Shuteye 15-Apr-17
11-Apr-17
When Wichita posted results to start things off, Bob Estes, the GOP candidate trailed 62% - 38% and by ~ 5,800 votes.

Since then, he's been steadily moving up and at this moment, he now leads by 600 votes @ 49.9%- 48.4% with 54% of the votes counted.

11-Apr-17
It's looking better by the minute!

61% now in and Estes is leading 50.6% - 47.6% and is +2,012 in the vote totals.

11-Apr-17
73% in and Estes seems to be running away with it!

52.0% - 46.2% and +4,857 in the vote totals.

11-Apr-17
Don't get too comfortable. Most of the precincts left to report are in Wichita. In fact, less than half of the Sedgwick County (Wichita) precincts are in.

11-Apr-17
83% in and Estes keeps pulling away, now leading by 6,060 votes @ 52.3% - 46.0%.

11-Apr-17
Henry,

That may be. Yet Thompson's lead in Sedgewick County has been steadily shrinking. He once led by ~5,800 votes there. Now he leads by only 3,921.

11-Apr-17
That's good, NVA.

11-Apr-17
88% in now and Estes is + 5,932 in the 4th Congressional District with a 52.0% - 46.3% lead.

Ain't gonna' happen for ya', Dems!

11-Apr-17
Estes has won, but you can bet the farm the MSM will declare this to be a shocking repudiation of Trump.

Just wait for it!

11-Apr-17
94% in and Estes is +6,450.

WINNER!

11-Apr-17
To a large extent, it was a referendum on the governor's unpopularity more than national politics.

11-Apr-17
Agree, Henry.

This was more about Brownback than it was about Trump.

But the MSM will never even mention that part.

11-Apr-17
The turnout today was abysmal as the republican votes last November were about 150% of the total votes for all candidates today.

12-Apr-17
I don't know anything about either of the candidates, or the macro issues that may have affected the results, but that is a very bad showing by the Republican candidate considering that Pompeo won 67% of the vote in his re-election there in 2014.

12-Apr-17
Estes appears to have taken a victory for granted until the last minute. He spent very little money and campaigned hardly at all. He's also a lousy speaker with little if any charisma.

Thompson, OTOH, campaigned hard and spent a ton of money, most of which came from out-of-state.

12-Apr-17
Special election in Georgia will be the next one to watch.

12-Apr-17
In the end, Thomson only won Sedgewick county by 1,874 votes. He lost ALL of the other counties.

12-Apr-17
Josh, you sure that Russia didn't have a hand in the election, or ties of some kind? You haven't been on the Russia band wagon, in a while. 8^)

12-Apr-17
You are correct concerning MSM coverage. Everything I've seen on this was how the Republicans are spiraling down despite this win.

12-Apr-17
A low turn-out special election with dems busing people to the polls in a district with one of the most urban populations in KS with the election being a referendum on an unpopular governor, and republican still had a comfortable margin of victory.

12-Apr-17
Henry.

And they lost even though the GOP guy was a bad candidate and took his election as a given up until the last two weeks.

12-Apr-17
Oh, and did ya' all notice who it was that showed up in person to campaign for Estes?

Ted Cruz! Yes, the very same Ted Cruz who slade and a couple of others here kept dumping on during the primaries!

12-Apr-17
"with the election being a referendum on an unpopular governor"

Why was a Federal Congressional election a referendum on a state Governor? Were Estes and Brownback associated closely with one another in some way?

"Oh, and did ya' all notice who it was that showed up in person to campaign for Estes? Ted Cruz!"

I believe Cruz pretty much destroyed Trump in that district in the Kansas primary (despite Pompeo backing Trump), so I'm sure that could only have helped Estes.

12-Apr-17
"I believe Cruz pretty much destroyed Trump in that district" trump got more in the general than Cruz in the primary.

12-Apr-17
josh, glad to see you are whining your but off, on this fine Wednesday evening. PHONY! 8^)

12-Apr-17
Good Lord, joshuaf!

Are you really that full of hate?

Brownback is a Republican who is VERY unpopular in Kansas. Estes is his Secretary of Treasury.

See the link?

And here I thought Christians weren't supposed to hate, but if they did, were supposed to forgive.

I guess that doesn't apply to your version of Christianity.

12-Apr-17
"Are you really that full of hate?"

What are you talking about? All I'm saying is that Cruz had major support from GOP voters in that district in the primaries (when they still had a choice of who to vote for), and that fact could only have helped Estes' results because Cruz came and campaigned for him there. How is that hate?

"Brownback is a Republican who is VERY unpopular in Kansas. Estes is his Secretary of Treasury."

Nope, didn't know that, don't keep up with Kansas state politics. That's why I asked.

"trump got more in the general than Cruz in the primary."

Yeah, that's....generally how it works everywhere. The single nominee gets more votes in the General election than any individual did in a multiple candidate primary race.

12-Apr-17
Ted Cruz did indeed put time in for Estes and it had to help no doubt, thank God. Btw...I must admit I loved bashing Rafeal in the primaries when it came down to the final three. ;-)

The Rock

12-Apr-17
Sorry, joshuaf, but your post had nothing to do with Cruz.

As everyone here knows, your post was a broadside shot at Trump, period. Your post was intended to link Estes's election struggles with Trump's lack of popularity as you see it. It had zero to do with Cruz' primary numbers in KS-4.

So go back to your Bible and re-read the parts about hate and forgiveness. Because either you've forgotten them or you don't care.

12-Apr-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Trumpular degeneration, it has no cure........

13-Apr-17
"Sorry, joshuaf, but your post had nothing to do with Cruz."

Kyle, you're wrong.

I plainly stated I knew nothing about the candidates or any of the macro issues that might have affected the results. I'm actually one of those people who believes that the individuals running in the race usually have a lot more to do with the results than what is going on nationally. You're the one who brought up Cruz campaigning for Estes and implying it was a big help to him. I simply pointed out the fact that Cruz had huge support in that district during the primary race and so yes, it probably did help Estes. If Republican voters there were disinclined to vote for Estes because of his association with Brownback, lackluster skill as a retail politician, or some other reason, the backing of Cruz - very well liked in the district - may well have made a difference. Unless Trump got personally involved in the race somehow, I fail to see how his actions as President so far would have any bearing on how Republicans in the District voted, unless you're implying that Cruz supporters there in the primary for some reason didn't vote for Estes as a proxy attempt to register disapproval with Trump? I did not say or imply that.

Stop jumping at shadows. If I want to say something bad about Trump, I think I've shown that I have no problem saying it outright, I don't need to send hidden or implied messages.

And don't lecture me about the Bible or hate and forgiveness. You've never implied, so far as I know, that you are a Bible-believing Christian, and you frequently display a significant amount of hate on here toward various Democrat politicians ("the witch from hell", and various monikers you have used for Obama over the years) and other posters on this forum when they displease you.

13-Apr-17
Face it josh. You are a sore loser, and your predictions were terrible. Wait four years, and use your vote to vote Trump out. You are still bitching about something that is out of your control, and there is nothing you can do about it, but you keep trying, and acting like an idiot. Are you really this STUPID? Do you think that, for once, instead of running, or diverting the question, that you will stop and answer my simple question? See you in a couple days. 8^)

13-Apr-17
josh, your last sentence you had on your last post, about showing significant amount of hate, to posters, describes YOU also. So don't be giving your,"Mr. Perfect" ego a pat on the back. You started all this Sh!t, months ago, and now you are pointing out some on here, as bad people. If you wouldn't have started your mouth, it would've got this big. You are the FIRST to get the blame, Like it or not.

13-Apr-17
Here is an idea josh. You come on here, apologize to everyone on here, for bragging about, going to rip anyone that voted, or liked Trump, and carry on a sensible debate on here, and not just constantly nagging everyone here about ONLY Trump, i will be the first to apologize to you. People had there reasons for voting for Trump. With the way the politicians have treated the American People, the past few years, who wanted another Politician in there? It had nothing to do with people being uneducated. I believe they new exactly what they were doing. I voted for Trump, because he wasn't a politician. Now he is, and if he doesn't do good for the American People, i will blast his a$$. But, Trump deserves a chance as POTUS. Trump won, so four years from now, we all will get to see how Trump does, and then have the vote to keep or get rid of him. To continue to tell people on here that Trump will be a bad POTUS, three months in, is ignorant. I am giving you a chance to do the right thing josh, and i will do the same. Your choice.

13-Apr-17

13-Apr-17

Seapig@work's embedded Photo
Seapig@work's embedded Photo

13-Apr-17
josh, i gave you a chance to come clean, and you still don't have the balls to do what is right. Yet, you claim others are not a Bible believing Christian? Also, you show tremendous amount of hate, here on the CF? What gives you the right to say things about people, and then tell them how much hate they have, when you are just as bad? Your ego is getting the best of you, proving that the way people see you as, is exactly, spot on. Remember josh, i gave you a chance, and you are the one that has turned it down, not me.

14-Apr-17
good grief.....

Glad Estes pulled it out. The media had pumped this thing up into some kind of Trump referendum. Didn't turn out the way they thought.... or in reality, wanted.....

14-Apr-17
What will happen in Georgia. The lame stream media says the democrat has a huge lead?

14-Apr-17
Lex,

The Dem has a big lead, but only because he's the only Dem running, while the GOP field has LOTS on folks running.

This is Round One. In Round Two, only one GOP candidate will be left, so at that point it's a head-to-head match.

The thing to be concerned about is that this district only slightly leans Republican.

15-Apr-17
Thanks for the info Kyle.

• Sitka Gear