sundowner 16-Apr-17
RobinHood 17-Apr-17
Mike in CT 30-Apr-17
Shuteye 30-Apr-17
Gray Ghost 01-May-17
Scar Finga 01-May-17
elkmtngear 08-May-17
16-Apr-17
How many here ride their atv's recreationally vs just for hunting? Are your towns or neighborhoods atv friendly?

16-Apr-17
Use mine daily for all sorts of projects, could not do without it. Right now they are all full of small tanks and sprayers for fire working.

16-Apr-17
In the rural parts of this county they leave you alone on gravel roads..

16-Apr-17
We've got the Hatfield/McCoy Trail System so they let us ride on the road "if your traveling to and from the trail". Needless to say, everyone's heading to the trails. Most our local towns allow them on the street.

16-Apr-17

Timberlake's embedded Photo
Timberlake's embedded Photo

Timberlake's Link
Single-track guy myself! North Idaho is very off-road motorcycle & ATV friendly. Of course our club is constantly fighting to keep it that way.

16-Apr-17

sportoutfitter's Link
Looks like a good time Timber. We have a bunch of single track miles as well. Recreational riding has really been a boost to our area.

16-Apr-17

sportoutfitter's Link
Left out a dot:)

16-Apr-17
I have a lot of fun with my Gator. It is 4 WD and like a sissy I have a roof and wind shield so the rain doesn't bother me. I love the logging roads around my woods. My neighbor has a 500 acre farm that I frequent. The sheriff Deputies and game wardens don't bother me on the local road. I do a lot of ground hog hunting from mine so the neighbor is very ATV friendly. Mine normally has a an AR 15 or 22 LR in it.

16-Apr-17
This year, i beefed up my hitch and have been preparing foodplots, but most years, i take it out at least once for an all day ride at one of the few state trail systems we have. And ill use it to set several stands.

There is a decent fight going on between one riding organization here in PA and our DNR to allocate registration funds properly to expand the trail system. The DNR wasnt too happy about that.

16-Apr-17
I've got a Polaris General Deluxe. Goes anywhere I want to go. 100 up......72 mph. Love it.

17-Apr-17
Here in Montana there are miles of off-road trails and if street licensed, you can take your ATV on any of the secondary roads. However, the number of available miles, especially in National Forests, are fading quickly. Whenever there is a revised travel plan for a specific area, the Sierra Club, Horse Riding associations, bird watchers, ‘environmentalists’, etc. from all over the country (whether they’ll ever even see let alone use the area or not) mount a letter writing campaign to eliminate the use of any motorized vehicle in the area; i.e., “return the ground to it’s pristine nature, as if man was never here”. Since BLM and the USFS want to reduce their workload by reducing the number of users they have to accommodate and their employees generally fall into the typical left-leaning bureaucrat, they sympathize with this viewpoint and close as much access as possible. That effectively means that the 3-5% of the population who visit the area, are healthy enough to trek into the now closed forest, or who happen to have a horse, get to explore the beauty of the back country; those of us be it through age or infirmity, are simply out of luck. I’d sure like to see Zinke do something to turn this trend around, but I suspect he has his handful just trying to drain the Washington DC swamp!

30-Apr-17
TTT

30-Apr-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
I use my gator to haul heavy animals that I shoot.

01-May-17

Gray Ghost's embedded Photo
Gray Ghost's embedded Photo
This is my preferred ATV. I have an older Polaris Sportsman 500 also, but don't use it nearly as often.

I've never been much for trail-riding just for the sake of burning up miles. Most of my wheeling trips are to get to hunting or fishing spots. If it's just a few miles, I prefer to walk. In many areas I wish motorized vehicles would be banned here in Colorado.

Matt

01-May-17
Polaris Ranger midsize here as well... Trails everywhere.

I also have a tricked out 02 KIA Sportage 4x4 that's lifted 4" with 31's on it. It goes anywhere and everywhere! I really like this for bird hunting, as I can throw all my gear, a tent and both dogs in there and get anywhere I want to go.

Scar.

08-May-17
stopped "trail riding" decades ago but still use them for doing work. we are surrounded on three sides by state and national forest. thousands of miles of trails there. Lot of work to ride them these days with the tornadoes that have been through there.

08-May-17
Some little druggie wankers ripped off my Arctic Cat quad runner from my workshop about 6 years ago.

I didn't replace it. I'm in better shape, now !

Best of Luck, Jeff

• Sitka Gear