Chief 419 18-Apr-17
Paul 18-Apr-17
Shuteye 18-Apr-17
Salagi 18-Apr-17
Solo 18-Apr-17
HA/KS 18-Apr-17
Charlie Rehor 19-Apr-17
18-Apr-17
My dad had four brothers. Uncle Bob was the last and he is now gone. I spent many days hunting with him over the years and will miss him. He was as patriotic as they come.

Robert Pennington Price, Sr. passed away peacefully on April 16, 2017 at Shore Medical Center, Chestertown, he was 95 years old. Mr. Price was born in Massey Maryland on August 30, 1921. He was the son of the late Seth A. Price, Sr. and the late Ola Everett Price. As a youngster, he worked beside his 4 brothers and 2 sisters milking cows and farming the land. He handpicked tomatoes for 5 cents a basket. Mr. Price graduated from Galena High School and enlisted in the US Navy in 1939. He served on the USS Calhoun, which was a high speed transport ship that served a dual role as both a high-speed transport and an anti-submarine warfare vessel. In this role, the ship began preparations for the invasion of the Solomon Islands. On the morning of 30 August 1942, which was Mr. Price's 21st birthday, the Calhoun was bombed by Japanese aircraft. 51 men were killed and 18 wounded in her sinking, Mr. Price was one of the 18 wounded. Mr. Price was honorably discharged from the US Navy in 1946 and was a life member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart. He was a life time member of the American Legion and a life time member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

18-Apr-17
Greatest indeed! Many of us in our age group knew relatives and fathers of friends who were just like him. May he Rest In Peace.

18-Apr-17
RIP, Uncle Bob and thank you for your service.

18-Apr-17
Shuteye, May your uncle truly and deservedly RIP.

The Rock

18-Apr-17
It's men like him that MADE this country. We are all at a lose of his passing. God Bless men

18-Apr-17
Sadly, they're almost all gone now. Greatest generation by far. RIP Uncle Bob.

18-Apr-17
Rip Bob , my dad is still with us that God and doing well at 92 . Day after Pearl Harbor he signed up USN . Then off to sub school in RI then sent to Midway . God bless them all

18-Apr-17
I have one relative left that is well up into his 90's that was in the Army during WW II. He was captured by the Japanese and he weighed about 160 pounds. His weight was less than 100 pounds when he was rescued. He came real close to dying but they saved him.

18-Apr-17
My sympathy to you and your family. They will all be gone too soon.

My father is 90. He was drafted right out of high school and was headed to Japan when they signed the peace treaty. He spent a year as part of the Army of Occupation there. It doesn't seem that long ago that I knew several veterans of WWI, and now most of the WWII vets are gone.

18-Apr-17
Wow, what a great testimony. Thanks for honoring us this wonderful eulogy of your uncle Bob with us. That left a mark.....

18-Apr-17
Sigh

19-Apr-17
Gone but not forgotten.

• Sitka Gear