HA/KS 19-Apr-17
Gray Ghost 19-Apr-17
NvaGvUp 19-Apr-17
bb 19-Apr-17
joshuaf 19-Apr-17
Bentstick81 19-Apr-17
TD 19-Apr-17
19-Apr-17
Good news of sorts last night as Jon Ossoff, the lone Dem in Georgia's special election for a House seat failed to get over 50% of the vote.

So it's on to the Finals in June against Karen Handel, who received the second highest number of votes in a field that had several other Republicans running.

In what should come as no surprise, the Dems are dumping all over Ossuff for failing to win the seat outright.

19-Apr-17
Something like 99% of Ossoff's money came from out-of-state and he spent almost $10,000,000 in losing!

In a PRIMARY!!!!!!

19-Apr-17
Considering Ossoff is a Liberal kid who doesn't even live in the District he was running in....he over-performed expectations of reasonable people by a bit. Did better than Hillary in that district. That said, Handel is supposed to be pretty well liked in that district and I'd imagine she'll win the run-off, though it may not be by a *comfortable* margin.

19-Apr-17
FYI, Ossuff didn't even live in the district so couldn't even vote for himself

19-Apr-17
I've been following this election, as well, Kyle.

Ossoff, came up just short of getting the seat with 48.1% of the vote. Handel was second with 19.8%. That's quite a disparity, especially for a traditionally conservative seat, IMO.

Just further evidence of how fractured the Rs are, right now. It will be interesting to see if they can consolidate votes for Handel in round 2.

Matt

19-Apr-17
If this is what losing looks like for the Republicans, I don't see much reason to change a thing.

The Democrat party reminds me of a gambler who lost a bet on the sure thing. Now they are making bigger bets on long shots, just trying to get back to even. I must admit, I don't feel much sympathy for them their pain is self inflicted.

When the best that the left can do is claim a moral victory because they didn't lose by as much as was expected in the KS house seat last week, well then, we'll just give them their participation trophy and everyone will be happy.

June will tell all, if Handel loses, or if Ryan Zinke's Montana’s House seat goes to a Dem, then there will be something for the Republicans to worry about. So far, not so much. They sure did pick a winner as DNC Chair though, and Maxine Waters is doing them proud out there in CA.

What happens in the 2018 Midterms will be largely dependent on what Trump can get done, not what the media, or Hollywood, or BLM do or say. What Trump can get done is largely dependent on more Republicans deciding that they are on board with Trump's agenda as opposed to being OK with being the minority party in DC again. No sure bets on that one I fear.

19-Apr-17
Only the Closet Democrat and the bowlibs would consider 11 Republicans running for a single office fractured. They believe their party's system of picking and choosing who can run and not run as being United, lemmings do as lemmings are told.

19-Apr-17
Another way to look at this. The dems could not find ONE viable candidate who lived in the district and the republicans found a dozen.

19-Apr-17
"They believe their party's system of picking and choosing who can run and not run as being United, lemmings do as lemmings are told."

Slade,

I'm re-tracting my vow to ignore you, and state that I fully agree with that statement.

I still don't know who the "Closet Democrat" is, or "bowlibs" are, but you must know them well.

Matt

19-Apr-17
Montana has always been a lot like North Dakota when it comes to electing candidates.

Both states have a history of electing Dems frequently and esp. populists.

19-Apr-17
I heard there was something like 11 other repubs running.

19-Apr-17
"republicans found a dozen"

Tad bit of a stretch to claim they were all viable. Handel got the lions share of the GOP voters. Most of the others got very little.

19-Apr-17
Come on josh. Russia must have had their hands in the election. 8^) What a dork.

19-Apr-17
7 gop candidates running received LESS than 1% of the vote. Some folks really don't have much of a grip on reality.......

• Sitka Gear