ahunter55 23-Apr-17
pipe 24-Apr-17
pipe 24-Apr-17
Scar Finga 27-Apr-17
Joey Ward 27-Apr-17
Yendor 27-Apr-17
TD 27-Apr-17
20-Apr-17
I see he has an anti-Trump album out!! I thought he was old enough to act grown-up!

20-Apr-17
I'm a classic rock junkie...but I can happily say I've never been a fan of "the Boss"

20-Apr-17
Once a fan, but no more.

20-Apr-17
I grew up on Rock n Roll, but have never owned a single recording by BS...Never thought he was all that good. All his songs sound the same to me and I don't care for his singing...so you could safely say I will not be buying his new, old or any future albums...8^)

20-Apr-17
To this day it amazes me that anyone could possibly tolerate having to hear him "sing".

His literal annihilation of "Santa Claus Is Coming To TAH-OWN" is pure audio torture.

20-Apr-17
Never bought nor owned any of his albums. Never will. Left nutcase.

20-Apr-17
What's an album?

20-Apr-17
Never liked his vocals. Can't sing, all he does is scream. More like pig grunts.

20-Apr-17
Never owned one, never will.....

20-Apr-17
No. I don't even listen to music.

20-Apr-17
Not music, noise!

20-Apr-17
I never was a fan and never will be.

20-Apr-17
Who is springsteen?

20-Apr-17
Sounds like he smoked 3 packs and chased it with a couple shots of Draino before he hit the stage.

20-Apr-17
LOL

20-Apr-17
LOL.... That's his voice alright. Yeah, I'm an old rocker from way back too, and I could never understand how anyone could like his music.

20-Apr-17
BS Sings BS

20-Apr-17
Springsteen is a great songwriter and big, liberal asshole. He ran to Canada to avoid The Nam.....F. him. Mad Dog

20-Apr-17
Springsteen made a new album? Never liked him. Never will.

20-Apr-17
If you want to listen to singers from New Jersey...GREAT ones....try the Frankie Valli/4 Seasons, Connie Francis, Paul Simon, Sarah Vaughn, Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Count Basie, Ricky Nelson, CLINT BACK! (born in Jersey, raised in Texas), Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Marilyn McCoo.

These folks, unlike Springsceech, can actually SING.

20-Apr-17
Only concert I ever walked out of. And it wasn't because of his political rants

20-Apr-17
I could care less what his politics are, I just don't consider his strained wailing's to be "singing" in any way, shape, or form.

Too bad he and Yoko Ono never did a duet album...they could use it instead of waterboarding to make the Muslim maniacs talk! It'd definitely work a lot faster!

20-Apr-17
Ha ha ha

21-Apr-17
Yeah.... awful...... it's a wonder he's sold anything.... much less 120 MILLION records... or tapes or cds or mp3s or whatever..... I've enjoyed some of his stuff. He's more blues or poet.... not a pure singer for sure.... but sings a lot of what he wrote.... how many from the "singer" list can say that?

Don't care for his politics. Not at all. But a nice enough guy. Stranded 10 or 12 years ago at a Portland airport for some 6 or 8 hours overnight when a flight was cancelled. Found a place to stretch out and nap..... was only a handful of people..... and he was one of them. I nodded to him as I settled in and he nodded back. I knew who he was and he knew I knew. But I'm from Maui.... we bump into these "famous" folks all the time, no big deal and we mostly leave em alone, they aren't there to meet you... tourists OTOH.....

Several hours later he struck up a conversation, mostly about the flight and talked for an hour or so until more and more folks started showing up in the morning. Not a word about music, I don't know enough about it to talk about anyway. He actually seemed pretty interested in bowhunting as I was on my way to ID for an elk hunt. (the backpack carry-on and Bowtech hat was a giveaway....) Then as it got more crowded he kind of had to go back into "hiding" as some folks were pointing at him and pestering him. He actually leaned over and thanked me for the company, but you could tell he was mostly just glad I gave him his space.

I like some of his music. Don't care much for his politics. But he's a nice guy. A little guy, I don't think he'd go 130-140 wet at the time...... but nice.....

21-Apr-17
Woodswalker, that is my kind of music too.

21-Apr-17
"If you want to listen to singers from New Jersey...GREAT ones....try the Frankie Valli/4 Seasons,..."

My wife and I saw Frankie Valli at the Warner Theatre in D.C. on April 7. It was a really, really good show, and I was glad to be able to shake his hand at the end of the show. The young guys he has as the 4 Seasons now are a really talented bunch.

As an entertainer, Frankie Valli's at least an order of magnitude better than Springsteen.

21-Apr-17
I saw Bruce and the E street band in the old Mile High stadium in Denver in 1985. He didn't combine politics with his performances back then, and I enjoyed the concert....what I remember of it. ;-)

But, I haven't paid for music in decades, and have no plans to start, again.

Matt

21-Apr-17

21-Apr-17

21-Apr-17
That's his m.o., Jeff. Anything to disagree with the majority on here. Can't take this knucklehead serious.

21-Apr-17
TD,

Cool story. I like some of his music, and do admire those who can both write songs and sing them.

21-Apr-17
".......and sing them." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "SING"??????????

21-Apr-17
I've never bought a Springsteen album and I'm for sure not going to start now!

Springsteen's parents were patients of my ex-wife and they'd give her tickets and backstage passes when he was giving a concert in the Bay Area.

21-Apr-17
Woods Walker,

To each their own. I like a very wide variety of music, from George Winston (great concert) to Led Zeppelin, including Springsteen.

21-Apr-17
JLS,

It's one thing to like someone's music.

It's a whole 'nuther thing to send money to a person who continually craps on America by buying the stuff said person is selling.

21-Apr-17
Who said I send any money to him?

21-Apr-17
JLS,

If you listen to him or buy his music, you are sending money to him.

21-Apr-17
Kyle,

I haven't purchased music in years. If Pandora or the local station pays him, so be it.

21-Apr-17
yes

21-Apr-17
Hate it if he's singing it. Oh yeah, it's his song. Sucks! Don't want to open my ears to that. They may bleed.

21-Apr-17
I don't care about his politics. It's irrelevant. I like some of the songs he's WRITTEN.....as long as someone else is singing them. He sings about as well as a chicken wears lipstick.

22-Apr-17
freestuff..... the gushing is just a bit.... unbecoming.... you should really play harder to get.....

22-Apr-17
Never cared for his music but, judging by popular standards, he is both productive and successful. No, he cannot sing but American music is replete with such artists. Much of it very good.

22-Apr-17
Now THIS is a song about being proud to be American!

22-Apr-17
"Never bought nor owned any of his albums. Never will. Left nutcase."

^^^^This, never have liked his squeaking.

22-Apr-17
Pig,

Every time freebie posts, it reminds me of this.

22-Apr-17
You Dope....it's an anti-American song...Free of common sense and GLEEfull about it. He has a few great songs, but Never bought an album and cant stand him otherwise. Mad Dog

22-Apr-17
Had a guy in tech school back in 77 who thought the Bruce boy was the best thing since sliced bread. He was a Jersey boy so go figure. I never got it. I never bought one of his albums either. I can't stand the bastard.

22-Apr-17
I was a Jersey boy also but I could never understand the popularity of him. His vocal ability is even worse than freesh*t's math, spelling and science skills.

22-Apr-17
El Hefay, Shamu, Chris Christy, Gov. Of NJ....LOVES THE BOSS....see him over 100 hundred times. Did u ever see the picture of Christy when Bruce walked past him ? It's pathetic IDOLITRY. ..and I generally like Christy. Bruce is a degenerate. Mad Dog

22-Apr-17
You forgot "Christy Creme"!

23-Apr-17
Like Simon used to say on American Idol, yelling & shouting is not singing & that is how I have viewed his all my life..

24-Apr-17
No, I will not. His political outspokeness sucks. .. I do like some of his written songs with and for other artists. He wrote a song with Patti Smith for example in 1977.... Because the Night,...which was covered to even bigger fame by 10000 Maniacs I wish he and others,would just write songs, sing and then shut up.

24-Apr-17

27-Apr-17
Never really liked him nor his music... Maybe one or two good songs, other than that... Not Impressed.

27-Apr-17
Not sure it's whole new album of material. From what I read, it was just one new song he did and collaborated with a guy I've never heard of. Anti Trump song. Just another opinion. Not sure I'd liked it any more if it was a pro Trump song, personally. Not my kind of stuff.

Anyhoo, I liked much of his older stuff. I remember Rolling Stone ripping him a new one for his Nebraska album. And I liked much of it. Tunnel of Love was probably the last of his music that thought much of.

But then, I was always a fan of Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, and a few others that lots of folks said couldn't sing a note. Especially Dylan. Man folks always are very critical of his singing when his name gets mentioned on Yahoo, etc. :-)

Don't really care to be lectured or hear political leanings at concerts either. I'm there to enjoy myself and hear some songs that I like. Don Henly was the worst that I stood through. Don't care much about Golden pond or Walden lake or whatever it's called. :-)

Anyway, buying music, for me, is mostly gone. Unless those 80s hair bands make a come back. :-)

27-Apr-17
I don't need any crappy beer coasters.

27-Apr-17
Joey.... I like pretty much all of those guys you listed... maybe not all but at least some of their music. All of em but Neil Young..... geez.... that whiny screechy voice drives me up a wall..... so I can understand folks feelings about certain singers/musicians. Fully agree about their politics..... just shut up and sing..... =D

The last music I bought a year or three ago were all albums and had a purpose.... ZZ Top, Talking Heads, Steely Dan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Pink Floyd, George Thorogood and Alanis Morissette. "Eclectic" you might say..... Had an Amazon gift card, downloaded it all to my phone.

Get on plane, put music on shuffle, noise cancelling head phones, order two beers...... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.... wake up when the stewardess is in your lap and shaking you, telling you to wake up it was time to land..... or at least I seem to remember she was in my lap.......

• Sitka Gear