Glunt@work 26-May-17
PAbowhunter1064 26-May-17
bad karma 26-May-17
Gray Ghost 26-May-17
bad karma 26-May-17
bad karma 26-May-17
19-May-17

Woods Walker's Link
"For the first time in the institution’s history, there will be a separate graduation ceremony for black students at Harvard University.

More than 125 graduate students worked for more than a year and raised more than $27,000 to pay for the event and a reception, the Root reported.

Students attending the ceremony, scheduled for later this month, will still participate in the main graduation ceremony as well."

Huh??? Back when I was in school this was called RACISM.

19-May-17
Next: separate water fountains.

19-May-17
I think in most cases the doc right . In sure some would get in on the own ability but not all .

19-May-17
Separating or treating yourself and others differently based on race is a poor way to fight being separated or treated differently based on race.

19-May-17
LOL these are the same tools screaming to keep the symbols of the confederacy alive and well. Holy cow you can't make up this kind of hypocrisy! And of course pig, there can't possibly be that many smart negros!

19-May-17
Do you guys smell something??

19-May-17
"Holy cow you can't make up this kind of hypocrisy! " nope, I can't! but you goofy bastards sure are good at it!

19-May-17
"and of course pig there can't be that many smart negroes..."

Which is of course the reason they need a separate ceremony????

" Racist much?"

19-May-17
Just means there will be no cry babies at the main graduation. Good idea.

19-May-17
Glunt +1

20-May-17
That's ok, black students at UCLA are demanding 40 mil, free housing and safe places! Got to love it!

20-May-17

Bluetick's Link
Pig Doc happens to be correct. Does Allan Bakke ring a bell? So before anyone gets het up with righteous indignation, read this.

20-May-17

Bluetick's Link
And here . . .

20-May-17
It turns them on spike. They're all (and when I say "all" I mean that literally!) probably back at Sybil's having a tickle party.

20-May-17
Fact: Allan Bakke had a 3.46 gpa and was in the upper 90th percentile for MCAT scores. The average gpa for an affirmative action admitted student is 2.88; the average MCAT score is in the upper 30th percentile.

20-May-17
Such an event is racial segregation by definition. Apparently, a Harvard education ain't what it used to be.

20-May-17
Yup. And so is the Black Entertainment Network, NAACP, Black Congressional Caucus, Black Student Union, etc.

ANYTHING that categorizes according to race is racist.

20-May-17
yes

20-May-17
Hows about the black Harvard masters in English candidate who was allowed to hand in a Rap album for his thesis? The Ivys are destroying their reps irreparably. Mad Dog

22-May-17
I hear MLK rolling in his grave! This flies directly in the face of what he marched for and what his dream was...exactly the opposite. You would think a Harvard grad would be smarter than that..

22-May-17
Here's what leftists really think about blacks...who are the REAL racists?

22-May-17
Affirmative action results in thousands of kids being admitted to colleges and universities to which they would otherwise not be admitted.

Because of the bigger academic challenges those schools have, a large percentage of those affirmative action admittees can't handle the academics. So they either flunk out or drop out, thereby failing to get degrees at all.

Had these same kids enrolled in schools they were academically qualified for, however, they would be far more apt to graduate with degrees and go on to succeed.

There are fewer better examples of the failure of liberal policies than this.

T.S. Eliot understood this more than half a century ago when he wrote: "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.""

Liberalism defined!

22-May-17
I agree, affirmative action is a non-solution to create equal opportunity.

23-May-17
This isn't even "affirmative action"....... this is an "action" that is pure racism..... racist by it's very definition. No other way to describe it much less any feeble (Freeble?) attempt to defend it. Imagine the screams and outcry if it were a White Only Graduation..... even if only symbolic as this is defended as. One of the worst things about the left is their total inability to actually treat anyone or any subject equally, with any semblance of logic. The hypocrisy is overwhelming..... yet intentionally (it would HAVE to be intentional, nobody is THAT stupid) ignored. Once again..... truth and facts don't matter.....

This is exactly the kind of action..... applauded by the left..... that only increases any racial divide, not closes it. how could it possibly "heal" it? A nation colorblind is not what they want. Race Mongers like Obama and Sharpton/Jackson et al..... this is what they want.

The white left that wallows in their "guilt", mostly like freestuff and the Lying Houseboat Captain who were given most if not all they have...... it's all they have to salvage their self esteem. As pointed out, the overwhelming drive to feel good about themselves, to have some relevance, is all encompassing.... and sadly has no basis in life or reality.....

23-May-17
DING DING DING.....we have a winner folks!

You can't fix stupid. The parts were back ordered and have been discontinued.

23-May-17
We need protesters carrying signs saying "Whites Only, This is not Your Graduation, Yours is Next Door" at both Graduations....:)

23-May-17
The Black Only Graduation is nothing more than an affirmative action graduation where only blacks receive the academic awards and recognition.

23-May-17
TD,

I wasn't saying the ceremony was affirmative action. I was referring to the discrepancy between GPA and test scores for students.

23-May-17
It's funny you mention gpa/test scores. My son has never in his entire life had less than an A. His freshman yr was 4.08, sophomore, 4.16, this year,junior, 4.21. SAT score was 32. Next year as a senior, he'll carry a 4.35 He's a three sport athlete who leads his team in tackles and holds two school records in track as a junior. Also a member of NHS. Harvard however, won't even look at him because he's white and there are plenty of white kids who do the exact same as my son. If he were black, he'd have a full ride.

Call me racist if you want but I think you should have to earn your place in this world, not have it given to you because of the color of your skin.

23-May-17
Freeglee, my point was the blacks should be held to those same standards. If they can't make the same grades they shouldn't get in. Nothing in life should be given to anyone who hasn't earned it. It's complete bullshit that someone with less than stellar grades and test scores can get an Ivy League education just because of the color of their skin.

24-May-17
Pig doc and k, thanks. Yeah, he's a great young man and he'll get plenty of offers. He will either end up in AZ, TX, or here at home. He wants to be near family. The funny thing is even with those grades and all the possibilities, his dream is to be a k-9 or swat officer somewhere near Galveston TX.

24-May-17
"Crusader, Thanks for Proving the Point so well!! PLENTY of White kids!!! So to Hell with the rest??!"

So are you saying that blacks that meet entrance and graduation standards are the exception?

"RACIST MUCH"

24-May-17
I'm reading the black graduates raised the money to pay for their own independent ceremony, and they will all be attending the main Harvard graduation ceremony, as well. Any other racial group can/could do the same thing.

Faux outrage at CF, as usual.....

Matt

24-May-17
Of course he's delusional, he still pretend's he's a conservative....

24-May-17
This is America and we do have freedom of association, so if blacks, or latinos, or asians or whites want to segregate themselves according to race/ethnicity then they have that right. We just need to cal it what it is.....racism.

But to amplify KPC's point, does ANYONE seriously think that if white students did this it wouldn't be a 24/7 news lead about how racist the whites are??? Either racism is wrong or it isn't. It cannot be fine for one race but not another. That's EXACTLY what started the civil rights movement in the first place.

To paraphrase Martin Luther King......"What part of 'not by the color of their skin but the content of their character' do they not understand??"

24-May-17
KPC,

The Harvard ceremony in question is open to any students, not just blacks. Similar ethnical graduation ceremonies have been held at numerous major universities for several years, including Harvard. It's nothing new.

I don't have a problem with it, YMMV.

Matt

24-May-17
But, but, but....you guys forget....Black Lives Matter.

24-May-17
"The Harvard ceremony in question is open to any students, not just blacks."

Uh.....BULLSHIT!

From the article........."Organizers of the *** blacks-only*** graduation ceremony plan to hold a similar event for black undergraduate students next year."

Doesn't sound very "open" to me.

24-May-17
WW,

You may consider reading several sources, especially when your first source is "The Blaze".

From Fox News: "Black undergraduates at Harvard have held similar graduation events in the past, but student organizers say the new ceremony is the first that's open to students across the university."

From the Boston Globe: "But the ceremony is “not about segregation,” said Michael Huggins, president of the Harvard Black Graduate Student Alliance, which is organizing the event. Students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds may attend, he said, and the black students taking part in the ceremony also plan to attend the university’s official commencement on May 25 in Harvard Yard."

From CBS news: "This event is truly open for everyone," said Huggins, who is graduating with a master's in public policy this month. "We really want this to be an open affair where people can learn about some experiences that often go unnoticed."

Matt

24-May-17

Tiger-Eye's Link
and over at Yale>>>>>

24-May-17

Woods Walker's Link
CBS and the Globe.....BULLSHIT SOURCES. They've proven themselves time and again to be fake news and I don't trust them.

And you may want to read the Fox report a tad closer. It says that.....

"Student organizers of the “Black Commencement 2017” said it is the first university-wide graduation ceremony ***FOR BLACK STUDENTS*** and is designed to celebrate their achievements and struggles at an elite institution with historic ties to slavery..."

Then it says........

"Michael Huggins, the president of the Harvard Black Graduate Student Alliance, said “it’s not about segregation.” Students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds will be allowed to attend."

Note that it says ATTEND, not PARTICIPATE. That's for blacks only. And that, is racist. Kinda like MLB was pre-Jackie Robinson. If you're not white you can watch the game, but you can't PLAY.

24-May-17
"Note that it says ATTEND, not PARTICIPATE. That's for blacks only. And that, is racist."

No, that's not racism, it's discrimination. You should learn the difference.

Racism is the belief that one's race is superior to another, or abusive behavior towards towards another race. This commencement is/does neither of those things.

Discrimination is treating one group differently than others. This commencement certainly does that. Unlike racism, however, not all discrimination is bad.

If these black kids want to celebrate their race, and their graduation, discriminately and peacefully, what's the harm?

Matt

24-May-17
No harm to me, but based on some of the content of the speakers at the event, they are very concerned about racism and discrimination. I think holding a race based event that includes race based discrimination is harming their own cause.

The majority of students at Harvard aren't white. To me, that image of a racially diverse group accepting their diplomas at the main graduation is the great backdrop to make point about improving race relations in America.

24-May-17
"Of course he's delusional, he still pretend's he's a conservative.... "

LOL!!!

Matt is not a conservative, nor has he ever claimed to be one! Everyone here but one person knows that.

24-May-17
Matt's a man who is completely unafraid to challenge or to be challenged and let the facts of the matter sway the argument one way or the other. I have never found him to be married to (or mired in, if you prefer) any ideology to the point of exclusion of contrary viewpoints, respectfully presented.

What's a shame is if people mistake having an open mind with lacking a moral compass or solid principles; quite the contrary-it takes a sense of security only possessed by those with those qualities in abundance to be willing to put their cards on the table any time 24/7 and let the chips fall where they may.

Matt doesn't need me to ride shotgun for him; he's more than capable of parrying the slings and arrows on his own; my interjection is for the benefit of those who might benefit from taking a step back and assessing what I've said for themselves and then perhaps drawing a slightly altered conclusion (or not).

Matt's one of the good guys folks; plenty of those around here though occasionally the hyperbole can mute the saner voices.

24-May-17
What Mike in CT said, x 2!

I've seen Matt post here for a very long time and he's absolutely one of the posters I respect the most, even though we disagree often times.

24-May-17
"GG - since the regular, Harvard-planned commencement already welcomes all graduates regardless of race, what do YOU think the point is of the alternate commencement?"

Hackbow,

Fair question. I think the point is celebrating their ethnicity and perceived common heritage.

I'm German and celebrate Oktoberfest. I have Irish friends who celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and Mexican friends who celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Does that make us all racists?

Most black American's are descendants of slaves with unknown heritages. I think that's why skin color becomes their most identifying trait.

Matt

24-May-17
GG-I'm surely hope you are jesting.

Fair is fair and all admittance should be held to the same level. Don't make the grade due to your ability or lack of your desire then move on.

24-May-17
I'm just an American, despite having a strong Irish heritage and a mother who was an Irish war bride.

I'm sure I disappointed her as a child, because while she celebrated her heritage, and justifiably so, I never got into that at all. Even when I was a very young child, I simply viewed myself as an American. Nothing less, nothing more.

I sure did like those Erin sweaters, however!

24-May-17
Kyle,

Good point. I enjoy Oktoberfest for the beer, mostly, not because it's a German holiday.

My point is, these kids aren't having a special commencement to feel superior to another race, or to do harm to another race. Therefore, by definition it's not racism.

I'm willing to bet many of these kids are the first in their families to ever graduate from college, not to mention one of the most prestigious colleges in the land. If they want a night to distinguish themselves and celebrate with others of similar backgrounds and ethnicity, I'll lift a glass on their behalf.

On the other hand, if the event becomes a political statement, I'll be the first to condemn it.

Matt

24-May-17
Most of my people were Scottish & French. If the stories are true I also have a splash of Iroquois as well. My wife ordered an Ancestry kit but we haven't done anything with it. I'm not that interested in it. Growing up in one of the original 13 colonies around the Bicentennial, all I remember in school was very patriotic. We didn't have much of a global learning curriculum. I was allowed to pick my own wall paper and I chose one that had 6" tall paintings of Revolutionary war soldiers.

I'm sure my Mom cringed but but 70's decor is all sorta cringeworthy now.

All the St Pattys day events I have been to I never heard any with Irish heritage get political about the atrocities their people suffered. It was mostly about refreshments and fun. St Patrick wasn't even Irish so maybe thats why anyone gets to be Irish that day. :^)

The content of the speeches I came across had a lot of political stuff. “Three weeks before my first day at Harvard, I learned of the murder of Michael Brown. Months later, I listened as my professor struggled to explain the public policy that allowed his murderer to walk free,”

24-May-17
Michael Brown was not murdered. He attacked a police officer and got what he deserved. Then Obama stepped in and started riots with his remarks before he knew what had happened. Obama caused a lot of problems with race relations in this country and was the worst president in my life time. He set race relations back decades.

24-May-17
GG: Do you really believe that if the white kids tried to do this it wouldn't be called racist??? Really?? C'mon man , you aren't stupid. They'd most likely be expelled.

24-May-17
Consider this. 6% of all Harvard applicants get admitted. 14% of those are blacks. Even fewer blacks graduate. Therefore, less than 1% of all applicants are black graduates at Harvard.

Now, in my experience, graduations are as much for the families as they are for the graduates. If you were a younger sibling or relative of one of the black graduates, what would have a more positive future impact on you: 1) watching a commencement in which less than 1% of the graduates shared your race and ethnicity, or 2) watching a commencement in which all the graduates shared your race and ethnicity?

IMO, #1 is likely to dissuade a young and impressionable mind, because the poor odds are so very apparent. #2 may inspire that same mind into thinking, "if they can do it, I can too." I know it's just a matter of perception, but perception is often reality.

Anyway, I toast all the Harvard graduates. And I recognize that humans are tribal by nature, so I have no problem with the black kids having their own celebration, as long as that's all it is.

Matt

24-May-17
All in all, this separate graduation for blacks (considering how the previous administration set back everything that MLK and others accomplished in improving race relations) gives the appearance to most people of a continuation of #BLM and a return to segregation.

It would not be unreasonable to see demands for not only separate graduation ceremonies, separate dorms and black only water fountains.

25-May-17
Celebrating diversity isn't racism or segregation. The world has become so sensitive to those words, many have lost sight of their meaning.

Ghandi had it right, when he said, "Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization."

Matt

25-May-17
"Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization."

-Not singularly as the statement suggests but I agree it will be a hallmark of a high functioning society. However, what is unifying about specific exclusion?

We grow older by the moment and in my ticking expiration, I tend to categorize things into 1 of two categories, "Helpful" or "Not Helpful." Social segregation, either voluntary or forced, is just 'not helpful.'

25-May-17
"Social segregation" is neither helpful or harmful, it's simply reality. When you host and fund a social gathering, do you open your doors to everyone, or do you discriminately pick who gets invited?

At least this thread has transformed from fax outrage over racism to a more muted concern over "social segregation." I view that as progress.

Matt

25-May-17
"What next? Is Harvard going to have a separate graduation ceremony for Asians?"

KPC, I think you fail to recognize that these black kids raised the funds and paid for the commencement themselves. Harvard didn't sponsor it, they just provided a venue for it. And I'm sure the university was compensated for that venue. My hope is any ethnical group could do the same thing, if they so desired.

25-May-17
It is nothing but politics, created by rainbow glasses crowd. Filling a race, or gender even, quota happens everywhere...

25-May-17
GG

"Celebrating diversity isn't racism or segregation."

As long as it is a non white, non christian, non heterosexual group doing the celebrating? Right?

25-May-17

Gray Ghost's Link
The average SAT scores for admission to Harvard in 2019 by ethnical group are as follows:

Asians - 2300 - 30% of students admitted

Whites - 2218 - 58%

hispanic - 2174 - 12%

Blacks - 2149 - 11%

While academic grades and test scores are not the only criteria used for admission, I think very few realize how exceptional a SAT score of 2000+ is. If test scores were the only criteria used, Asians would clearly represent the majority who are admitted. So, are Asians the victims of racism here?

Matt

25-May-17
"Social segregation" is neither helpful or harmful, it's simply reality.

-Well, perhaps, in a vacuum. However, in a society wherein morays are weaponized politically, such behaviors do present a harm/benefit.

When you host and fund a social gathering, do you open your doors to everyone, or do you discriminately pick who gets invited?

-Don't conflate the meanings of discrimination, it's root, etc . It's inherently deceitful. However, entertaining the ruse, should I discriminate racially, it would be a lonely gathering. And, long term, I would alienate a substantial portion of my family. So, even then, there would be a "harm" experienced.

25-May-17
CU here in Colorado is setting up separate dorm living for black students, LGBTQIA, and a section for students "passionate about diversity."

25-May-17
Using race as a criteria is the very definition of racism. Any way you slice it.

One can try to justify and rationalize and attempt to make "exceptions" for the use of race as a criteria for many things. But it IS literally racism. And that is a reality too.

Taken a step further....... the hypocrisy of applauding one group's use of racial criteria and disavowing other groups use of it...... IMO that is equally as bad. It's using two sets of rules.... one for me and my group and different rules for you and your group.

That is "unity"?

25-May-17
"Using race as a criteria is the very definition of racism. Any way you slice it."

No it's not. Here's the definition of racism from several sources:

Merriam-Webster - Racism : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Oxford Distionaries - Racism: Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Dictionary.com - Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

None of those definitions state that using race as a criteria is racism.

Note, every definition does include the idea or belief that one race is superior to another. But, I don't think that's what this commencement was about, do you?

Matt

25-May-17
"LGBTQIA"

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

There, they might as well get it over with...

25-May-17
No offense taken, KPC.

I didn't respond, because I didn't see a need to. Your post mostly reiterated my point, which is blacks are held to roughly the same academic standards as other ethnic groups. 100 point differences on the SAT, when your dealing with 2000+ scores, is almost meaningless. But, GPA and test scores is just one criteria used.

Guess what another criteria is? Yep, you guess it. Race. It's clearly stated in Harvard's policies, if you care to research it. Does that make Harvard's admitting policies racists? If so, is your argument that every major university that has mirrored Harvard's admitting policies is also racists?

Matt

25-May-17
^^^^^^^

25-May-17
i would just wait to hear what the asians have to say......

25-May-17
"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race BASED ON THE BELIEF THAT ONE'S OWN RACE IS SUPERIOR."

Funny how one can discriminate, hold prejudice. etc based solely on race...... exactly what they are doing.... and that's OK. As long as you don't believe you are SUPERIOR based on race? THEN it is racist? Who is it making these definitions? How about another....

Adjective: "showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, OR (not "and") believing that a particular race is superior to another." Excluding all but your own race from participation is somehow not prejudice ("bias")? Or discrimination ("making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit")?

The gatekeepers have officially defined "racist" with a caveat, so as THEY can apply racial criteria and not be called "racist"..... everything based on what your inner feelings or intentions are and not the facts or results of the action. Kinda like Hillary didn't MEAN to break the law so it was OK....

Fine..... don't want to call it racist, not a problem. We'll go with "racial segregation" then. "the separation or segregation of races in everyday life". So Racial Segregation it is..... It's OK then. Got it. But somehow I think the supporters won't like that description either... no matter how well it fits some official "definition".

Look, no one here has said they have NO right to do this. Many are saying it's NOT right.

I don't want to take anything away from any of these kids.... good for them, it's a great thing they have done, a great accomplishment. Shake their hands, pat their back, give em a hug. Right along with everyone else who has done it.... at graduation. They are not different, nor are they special. They ARE individuals, yet part of a graduating class. Feel a part of THAT class. Not separate yourself out because you see yourself in a different "class". That is something that doesn't end after graduation.

Bottom line..... this would not even be tolerated, much less celebrated, if it were a white male hetero group doing the same thing. And those arguing for support of the event know this, but do not address how they reconcile having two separate rules where there should not be..... unless you also believe there should be separate classes of people as well.

26-May-17
TD hit the nail on the head. It would be a national uproar if whites did this.

26-May-17
Great post TD. I'll add, at a point, "You've come a long way, baby." becomes a refrain of implicit inferiority. Particularly, if it drones on for decades.

26-May-17
53 years later, we are back to separate but equal. And people are twisting themselves like movie snackbar pretzels to justify it.

I have an idea. Why don't we have whites only restaurants, and water fountains? After all, if someone opens the restaurant with his own funds. And while we're at it, whites only or Asians only, apartments.

Good grief.

26-May-17

26-May-17

26-May-17
Kevin chimes in with a triple-tap. ;-)

Well, you whiteys can twist yourselves up into knots over this, but this whitey won't. I simply don't care if the black Harvard graduates have their own ceremony. Nor would I care if the Asians, Hispanics, or whites did the same thing.

Different races is reality, as is human nature that causes us to identify with our own race. Celebrating our race isn't inherently racist, as long as it doesn't harm anyone, and it isn't intended to promote a sense of superiority of one race over another.

If one of those black students were a close friend or in-law of mine, I would have proudly attended this commencement and lifted my glass to a ethnic group that's accomplished something very special and rare in todays society.

Matt

26-May-17
The event doesn't bother me. The missed opportunity does.

“The overwhelming question during this first year at Harvard was: how can I survive in a world that seems not to value my life?”

“People say that Harvard is a bubble, as if we do not live in the real world,” said Kyrah Malika Daniels, who is receiving a PhD in African and African-American studies. “Yes and no. The reality is that those of us whose skins reflects all the beautiful shades of black and brown do not have the luxury of living in a bubble, for we are eternally visible to the harsh external world.”

“They will try to craft our stories as examples of the benefits of personal responsibility, as proof that the American dream exists for all, instead of just a select few,”

“We’re in the midst of so much degradation of blackness in the world today, from the shooting of unarmed black folks to the struggles across the country and the world,”

26-May-17
"“We’re in the midst of so much degradation of blackness in the world today, from the shooting of unarmed black folks to the struggles across the country and the world,”"

But, at least she can use the "N-word" and participate in an orchestrated graduation where everyone is the same skin color, without being labeled a racist.

Now if only a white Christian conservative could give a speech at UC Berkeley without a riot ensuing, or perhaps Chik-Fil-A could sell a chicken sandwich at Duquesne University, that would be overcoming some real struggles!

Oh well...just the ramblings of another deplorable....

26-May-17
Well, GG, I spent two years in East Texas as a child, from the summer of 62 to summer 64, where separate but equal was how things were done at a small town north of Houston. My father was director of public works for the city. The working conditions for the black workers were deplorable compared to the white workers. My father, having spent 14 years in the Army and National Guard, proceeded to upgrade the equipment for the black workers, who were required to work in the sewers but not even issued gloves or waders. (The white workers were.) There was a whites only Christmas party. So we had a Christmas party, inviting everyone, and so, it was mostly black with 4 Italians....

So, I've seen separate but equal, up close and personal.

26-May-17
Kevin,

I think we've all seen true racism. This isn't it, IMO.

This commencement didn't harm another race in any way. And the message wasn't "blacks are superior", from what I've read. So it wasn't racism.

Look, I can find plenty of legitimate things to get outraged over. I don't have to manufacture reasons. YMMV.

Matt

26-May-17
I'm not outraged. I think it is a step backwards. I can dislike something without being outraged.

We're back to having ceremonies based on the color of people's skin, rather than the content of their character.

26-May-17
Black lives matter is another one. White lives matter. Asian lives matter. Hispanic lives matter, and "name your own group" lives matter. A step backwards, IMO.

• Sitka Gear