Community
Contributors to this thread:
NvaGvUp 20-May-17
nowheels 20-May-17
Shuteye 20-May-17
NvaGvUp 20-May-17
nowheels 20-May-17
20-May-17
For just the second day this year, yesterday the temperature here reached seventy degrees, but just barely.

The forecast for the next ten days calls for more days in the seventies, with a couple of days sneaking into the eighties.

Normally, we get a few seventy degree days here in March, then a lot of them, along with a few eighty degree days, in April.

Yet here we sit on May 20 and it's just our third seventy degree day of the year.

How about where you all are? Are you also having a ridiculously cool spring?

20-May-17
It has been the opposite here in Georgia, as we've had dozens of days in the 80s and several days in the 90s already. 2016 was one of the driest in the last 20 years or so, and it looks like 2017 will continue that trend.

20-May-17
On the Eastern Shore of Maryland we have had lots of days in the 90's. Two days ago it was 97 degrees and yesterday it was 96 degrees but was 64 degrees this morning. Got into the 70's during the mid day. It has been more like July than May here.

20-May-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
nowheels,

Our rivers and creeks here are the highest I've seen them in the nine springs I've lived here, by a mile!

Given how cool it's been, we're lucky, because once it warms up, all that snow you see here (photo taken a few minutes ago just around the corner from my home), is going to melt a LOT faster and make things a lot worse very quickly.

20-May-17
Hopefully the snowmelt will coincide with some lower rainfall amounts!

• Sitka Gear