Whitey 25-May-17
Anony Mouse 25-May-17
DL 25-May-17
Anony Mouse 25-May-17
Anony Mouse 25-May-17
Anony Mouse 25-May-17
Bowbender 26-May-17
22-May-17
About 15 minutes ago several explosions were reported at a concert in England.

22-May-17
Loud booms, they say maybe a balloon over the microphone. No smoke. Weird.

22-May-17
Damn Presbyterians again! England needs to get rid of them and bring in more Muslims.

22-May-17
The explosion actually wasn't in the concert hall, it was just out side that is why people didn't see smoke. If you were where the explosion was you would have seen smoke.

22-May-17
People were running out of the concert. Should photos of two injured people. There was fatalities reported. There's a subway right under the concert hall. Wonder if the explosion was there?

22-May-17
Tea party people! Just like always!

22-May-17
Let's see.... This is the largest concert hall in all of Europe, coupled with the explosion(s) occurring during a packed concert, coupled with UK's extreme leftist immigration policies that've been in place for several years now..... Looks like another typical rightwing group of Trump supporters.

But to be safe and avoid jumping to conclusions, I'll wait for josh to confirm this with some rock-solid tweets.........

22-May-17
And we should also wait for bigeasymuslim to tell us that it wasn't terror, and if it were Muslims they really didn't mean it. Besides, right wing Christians do this all the time too....don't they?

22-May-17
19 dead, yeah I'd go with an explosion or two...Damn!

22-May-17
Oh oh. I just remembered that Trump pissed the Muslims off by saying the word "terrorism" 31 times in his speech in Riyadh. So it's plain & simple folks.........

Trump did it.

22-May-17
Of course! And then an unconfirmed source says that after that speech he had dinner and he put RUSSIAN DRESSING on his salad!!! That PROVES it!!

22-May-17
terrible, as always, just terrible

waiting for the reminder, backed by the numbers, that this is such a rare occurence that even being concerned is irrational

22-May-17
Wonder why they don't say that about a shooting?

23-May-17
Some guy on MSNBC said Trump gave a very good and respectable speech about the terrorist and it was very well received. They said he was very presidential and wonder if he will blow his top over this incident.

23-May-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Little eight year old girl killed in the bombing.

23-May-17
Just as I thought, they have identified the bomber, Salman Abedi. Just another radical Mennonite...

23-May-17
Makes me sick

23-May-17
"Just as I thought, they have identified the bomber, Salman Abedi."

What??? No way!!! FAKE NEWS! This latest attack has "Extremist Presbyterian" written all over it!

Trump must have gotten the Russians to make it look like it was a Muslim.

23-May-17
Probably those pesky baptist extremists Woods

23-May-17
Yup! Them!

The world's full of them. They do just as many atrocities as Muslims, only we don't hear about it. They're just more sneaky about it. Just ask bigeasymuslim.

23-May-17
Can a man rake fire into his bosom and his clothes not be burned? This stuff happens because we let it happen. Plain and simple. I hope, for my children's sake, that terrorism doesn't become as prevalent in the USA as it has in Europe, but it just seems like it's spreading.

23-May-17
I changed the channel to FOX News around 9:00 last night and saw the first reporting on the attack, I watched it with a sick feeling in my gut for nearly an hour. I, out of curiosity, changed the channel to CNN to see what their take on the attack was......and they were sitting around a desk talking about the Russian collusion on the election. I couldn't believe that they thought the fake collusion story was more important to talk about than the attack!! MSNBC was even reporting the attack!

23-May-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
"I hope, for my children's sake, that terrorism doesn't become as prevalent in the USA as it has in Europe, but it just seems like it's spreading."

Oh it will. The more Muslims we have the more of this kind of stuff we will have. It's happened EVERYWHERE in the world were there's increasing numbers of Muslims. Why would it be any different here?? Our a-hole politicians sure as hell don't give a crap, especially the Democrats.

23-May-17
Throw out the yellow candy.

God bless, Steve

23-May-17
This looser was born in the U.K. This further illustrates that these people are not trustworthy. The left celebrates everyone's diversity and encourages it instead of encouraging them to become Americans first. E Pluribus unum. I wonder if they even knows what that means?

23-May-17

23-May-17

11. Wait for America to come and rescue your sorry asses again.

23-May-17
Hard to feel sorry for people that continually make decisions to allow this To continue. This is what liberals and globalist republicans want here.

24-May-17
Nigel Farage said the bomber was known to have gone to Libia and Seria and had just returned. He was a real supporter of ISIS, why weren't they watching him. Nigel really likes Trump.

24-May-17
They were watching him...apparently he was on a terror watch list. It's fuq'n crazy that yet another one of these a-holes is given the chance to carry out jihad, then we find out it was known about! The only "list" these swine should be on, is a roster at a internment camp!

24-May-17
The problem with this is similar to the basic problem our law enforcement here has....they cannot act until a crime has been committed. Overall they are not pro-active but reactive. The jihadists are well aware of this this and they act accordingly. They use the very ideals of freedom and democracy to attack it.

When you have some crazed POS who is willing to kill himself in order to do what they do then you have a force that's virtually unstoppable if allowed to exist. One day one of these loons will do this with a suitcase nuke or bio-weapon and kill hundreds of thousands or more. Maybe then we MIGHT wake up.

24-May-17

24-May-17
Back in the Korean War they created a Nuke that could be carried by a Navy Frogmen. Around 50 pounds.

Hats off to LE in Tripoli. They are going to get to the bottom of this. You hide information you will be questioned.

TRIPOLI (Reuters) - The father and the younger brother of the suicide bomber who killed 22 people at a concert venue in Manchester have been arrested in Tripoli, a spokesman for a local counter-terrorism force said on Wednesday. The counter-terrorism force detained the father, Ramadan Abedi, outside his home in the Tripoli suburb of Ayn Zara on Wednesday afternoon. A witness said he was handcuffed by armed men who drove him away in two unmarked vehicles.

The force, known as Rada, detained the brother Hashem Abedi, who was born in 1997, on Tuesday evening on suspicion of links to Islamic State, spokesman Ahmed Bin Salem said. He did not give any details on the reasons why the father was arrested. But Hashem Abedi had been in touch with attacker Salman Abedi, Bin Salem said, and was suspected of planning to carry out an attack in the Libyan capital. "We have evidence that he is involved in Daesh (Islamic State) with his brother. We have been following him for more than one month and a half," Bin Salem said. "He was in contact with his brother and he knew about the attack." He said the younger brother had traveled from London to Tripoli on April 16. Salman Abedi, 22, was born in Britain to Libyan parents. Britain's interior minister said earlier that he had recently returned from Libya and had likely not acted alone. His father lives in Tripoli.

24-May-17
Hey fellow DEPLORABLES...isn't the silence from the libs here at CF DEAFENING on this UK attack? Is it that The Religion of Peace is NOT defensible any more? Hmm, still waiting for one to chime in. Free Gay? Anyone? Step up and defend the indefensible. Mad Dog

24-May-17
BUMP

24-May-17
Not defensible?? There are 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet. A few dozen decide to commit terrorist acts on Western targets a year. Fine, not everyone that is radicalized commits terrorism. But the same way I know the 30,000 people that commit violent acts with guns in this country doesn't reflect the hundreds of millions of responsible gun owners, I don't let the few dozen radicalized idiots reflect the literally billions of Muslims who manage to exist in a peaceful fashion. Under NO circumstances should we let the .0001% of extremists (be it Islam, be it firearm owners, be it Christianity, be it anything) shape the policy of the responsible 99.9999% of a population.

Terrorist acts are terrible and tragic. What happened in Manchester is especially despicable. I guarantee there's someone out there right now that is planning something similar on another similar target. We should hunt them down and eradicate them. We need to target not only the extremists but their propaganda wings that are reaching out and radicalizing far too many people.

We shouldn't, however, discriminate and hate a whole religion because of these crazy individuals who have decided to live out an interpretation of their religion that the other 99.9999% of practitioners don't agree with. I've met and worked with literally thousands of Muslims. None of them have ever done anything but show me a tremendous amount of kindness, care, and hospitality.

24-May-17
Bro, I bet I know more Muslims than you do. I've had serious discussions with them on Sharia and The Koran. Some are more peace-loving than others, but all Agree with the basic tenets that we are inferior infidels. As I've said before here, where are the wholesale rejections of violence by all the peaceloving Muslims? Can you name ANY on ANY of the networks, save that nice man, zhuti on Fox, who come down AGAINST the violence? Alas! BEG, where are the ten's of thousands of them protesting in front of the UN? Why isn't The Mall in DC even HALF FULL with the Muslims who denounce this carnage? I'd love nothing more for them to stand side by side with us to destroy the terrorists scum. Not counting on "the good ones" to stand up. Lets see if theyll prove me wrong. I won't hold my breath. MadDog

24-May-17
They're hooking people up left and right now...Still looking for the 'bomb builder'!

24-May-17
I am more shocked that BigEasyGator knows so little about gun statistics as a hunter and sportsman. EVERYONE knows the 30,000 figure you just quoted is NOT the real number for violent gun acts. More than half of that number are suicides. And if those people are as equally ill-informed and stupid, I don't really mind.

24-May-17
BEG. That being said, many I have lived near and worked with were kind and minded their business as well, but when the conversations got deep, the bullshit walked. They close ranks. Mad Dog

24-May-17

bigeasygator's Link
I said violent acts, not murders. I consider a suicide a violent act. 30,000 people are killed by guns in this country. I didn't say who was pulling the trigger.

Here you go Mad dog, literally thousands of examples of Muslims representing themselves and various Muslim organizations speaking out and condemning acts of violence and terrorism. If you haven't seen it it's only because you aren't looking at all.

24-May-17
Bullshit! Where is THE MOVEMENT? Maybe you can rally them up? Is this not AS IMPORTANT or MORE IMPORTANT the The Civil Rights Movement? This is BASIC CIVILIZATION AND LAW AND ORDER !!!! .When I see thousands of the Peaceful muslims in the streets...at the UN...on the Mall, I'll feel a BIT hopeful.....get down off your Ivory Tower dude..ain't happenin. Mad Dog

24-May-17

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Is this what you're looking for? Just because you aren't reading about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

And if not being a racist and not being a bigot puts me in some ivory tower, then I'm gonna be up here a long damn time. The view ain't bad from where I stand.

24-May-17

24-May-17

24-May-17
Wasting your time on that one Mad Dog!

24-May-17
Please someone help me understand why we should forbid Muslims but not take steps to ban guns when a far greater percentage of gun owners are killing people than there are Muslim terrorist attacks as a percentage of Muslims (both in the US and globally). The number one argument against gun control is that the majority of gun owners are responsible citizens. Why is that logic not relevant to religion? I'm a huge fan of consistency...

24-May-17
I like to fight, Sport..That's a start...BEG.we're there about 10 people on those photo ops? Don't get too comfortable in your Ivory Tower, BEG, they'll blow you up in the process withthe rest of us deplorables.Who shamed and scared you bro? What's with the TERRIFYING fear you have about being labeled a racist? It's bullshit. Actions speak louder than words. Mad Dog

24-May-17
Where those pictures on the back lot at Universal? Mad Dog

24-May-17
2 pictures with maybe a hundred people and and an article from the Independent, a U.K. newspaper. You see how that's working out for them. That sure convinced me. Still looking for a muslim to hug.....not!

24-May-17
BEG is showing the same pics every "tolerant liberal" shows...they are Ahmadi Muslims, which are considered "non-Muslim" by the rest of Islam.

So, by his own stats, 30,000 "non-Muslims" got together to promote Islamic peace, out of a total of 1.6 Billion.

Just a drop in the bucket...and Islam doesn't even care about them!

24-May-17
The troll is strong in that one!

24-May-17
Let me get this right, elkmnt...you're going to say on one hand that Ahmadis are a minority sect and don't represent Islam even though there are over ten million of them out there. Yet, you're going to argue (or insinuate) that the few thousand jihadists out there are more reflective of the 1.6 billion Muslims around the world? Haha that's rich. Please tell me how 1.6 billion Muslims are supposed to get together in support of peace?? Regardless, the response was to Mad dog who said "When I see thousands of the Peaceful muslims in the streets...at the UN...on the Mall, I'll feel a BIT hopeful." But, of course, when confronted with evidence of that very thing it's never enough. Apparently bigotry is a hard thing to let go of.

25-May-17
The Brits are screwed. They have had open boarders for too long and still have a bunch of people in Syria and don't plan on keeping them out of England. Watch lists don't mean a thing. Germany is screwed as well. The British politicians don't want to offend the Muslims. They have rounded up a lot of suspects but I'll be willing to bet most will be out soon.

25-May-17

25-May-17
The taqiyya is strong with that one.........

25-May-17
The British are not sharing terrorist information on this case. They say the New York times would release the information.

25-May-17
BEG

"Please someone help me understand why we should forbid Muslims but not take steps to ban guns when a far greater percentage of gun owners are killing people than there are Muslim terrorist attacks as a percentage of Muslims (both in the US and globally). The number one argument against gun control is that the majority of gun owners are responsible citizens. Why is that logic not relevant to religion?"

Because there is not one document on owning a gun that tells gun owners to remove body parts from non gun owners where ever they find them. Not from the NRA, NSSF, any CCW course.... No where does it say to kill non gun owners.

"I'm a huge fan of consistency..."

No, you're a fan of your own self righteousness and bullshit.

25-May-17
Bowbender, I agree with you.

25-May-17

Bluetick's embedded Photo
Bluetick's embedded Photo
This girl was 11 years old. You want to tell her parents that you're worried about a backlash against islamic cockroaches?

25-May-17

elkmtngear's Link
Back at you, BEG...show me Sunni and/ or Shiite Muslims demonstrating en-masse for an end to Jihad. Crickets?? Perhaps it's because they are quietly waiting for the tide to turn, so they can simply jump on the bus?

The Saudis could set the tone, and work to end these Caliphates, but choose to turn a blind eye. Mainly, because they use them for their own political and monetary gain. Oh yeah, and because they believe the West and non-believers are Infidels, and should slowly be wiped out, or assimilated.

Here's a slice of what has happened in the name of Allah, in just the last 30 days, around the World (see link)

25-May-17
"...remove body parts from non gun owners where ever they find them...No where does it say to kill non gun owners." I see we have another scholar of the Quran in bowbender who if I had to guess has never read a single passage of it. The Bible discusses the same things in very much the same way as the Quran. I've been to multiple Muslim countries. I'm not a Muslim. I still have all of my body parts and I'm definitely still alive.

25-May-17
You compared gun owners to Islam. The Quran instructs believers to kill non believers. Period. End. Of. Story. No gun manual, nothing from he NRA, NSSF, GOA, none of them instruct you to kill non gun owners.

New Testament, or the new convanent replaced the Old Testament. If you read the Bible as much as the Quran, you would know that. Christians are taught, instructed, actually commanded by God, to love their enemies. The Quran instructs you to kill non believers where you find them.

25-May-17
"Please someone help me understand why we should forbid Muslims but not take steps to ban guns when a far greater percentage of gun owners are killing people than there are Muslim terrorist attacks as a percentage of Muslims (both in the US and globally)."

Wrong! Its not legal gun owners doing the killing - its ILLEGAL gun owners. That is the flaw in your logic. When you drill down, you will find they are concentrated in big (Democrat controlled) inner cities, keep drilling down, they are of a certain age, race, in a certain area of the city...they are called gang bangers and they disproportionately skew the numbers.

Conversely the NRA runs articles every month in its magazine from newspaper accounts from small towns across the USA where everyday law abiding folks use a gun to protect their person or property. It doesn't get the National coverage because it doesn't fit the National MSM narrative.

The VAST majority of Terrorist attacks are caused by radical Islamic Muslims - period.

25-May-17

bigeasygator's Link
woodguy, are you saying we shouldn't penalize the legal and peaceful gun owners for the illegal and irresponsible ones??

And no, bowbender, the Quran does not say that. If you actually understood the verse that so many Islamophobes like to quote and it's context you might realize it actually says the exact opposite of what you claim it does.

25-May-17

bigeasygator's Link
More context around your Quranic verse that you claim instructs Muslims to kill "non-believers." Your translation is not only not in the right ballpark, it's not on the right planet. Every single Quranic verse you all claim as advocating violence against the "non-believers" falls apart under even the most cursory of investigations.

That's not to say there aren't people out there who are as equally intellectually unequipped and also interpret these verses in a similar, barbaric way and it leads them to violence. They are the fringe. The vast minority. They need to be ended.

25-May-17
BEG,

From your link:

"The next immediate verse (often excluded from quotes) appears to present a conditional reprieve within the statement: "if any of the idolaters seeks of thee protection, grant him protection till he hears the words of God; then do thou convey him to his place of security -- that, because they are a people who do not know."

Grant protection until he hears the words of God? Loosely translated, give them a chance to convert to Islam, if they don't, kill them. Sorry, I don't need a translation from a book written by a pedophile goat phucker.

Fact of the matter is, if this is such a small minority of Islam, why don't all the peace loving muslims rise up and eradicate those that are perverting their religion. Because silence gives consent.

25-May-17
When the population of anything is a billion or more, a minority of that population is going to be rather large...1% of 1 Billion is a rather large number...

25-May-17
Exactly Bowbender. Well said boys. Mad Dog

25-May-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
There was an interview that a reporter was asking a US Muslim about Homosexuals. He said we are to love all people. The reporter asked him what the Koran says to do to them. The Muslim said they are to be killed. You see by killing them we are releasing them from their perversion so they no longer suffer. It's the loving thing to do.

25-May-17
They give barbarians a bad name:. The living personification of Lucifer. They need to be eliminated. Mad Dog

25-May-17
The forgotten slaughters of the innocents

Michelle Malkin

For now, everyone knows the sonorous name and cherubic face of 8-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos.

She’s the littlest known victim of Monday night’s jihad attack in Manchester, England. Her doe-eyed image spread as rapidly across social media as the #PrayForManchester hashtags and Twitter condolences from celebrities.

But I guarantee you that beautiful Saffie Rose will evaporate from the memories of those most loudly proclaiming “Never forget” faster than a dewdrop in the desert.

Look no further for proof of the West’s incurable terror attack amnesia than the reaction to the Manchester massacre. Reporters, politicians and pundits expressed shock at the brutality of Muslim murderers targeting children and young people.

Labour Party leader Yvette Cooper posited on BBC Live that it was a “first.”

“The architects of terror have hit a new low,” a Liverpool newspaper editorialized.

U.K. columnist Rosie Millard described the bloody bombing as an “attack unique in its premeditated targeting of the young.”

What planet have these people been living on for the past 16 years? How quickly the blind, deaf and dumb virtue signalers forget.

Last year, the Orlando, Florida, nightclub jihadist purposely targeted young people simply having a good time. Among the youngest victims cut down in their prime: Jason B. Josaphat, 19, and vacationing high school honors student Akyra Monet Murray, 18.

Somali jihadist Abdul Razak Ali Artan plowed his car into Ohio State University students last fall before stabbing several of them. The attack was swept under the rug as the usual, terror-coddling suspects worried more about a nonexistent “backlash” against Muslims than they did about the steady infiltration of refugee jihadis and Islamic extremists at colleges and universities across the country.

In 2004, Islamic baby-killers attacked a school in Beslan, Russia, during a three-day siege that took the lives of 186 young children.

At Fort Hood in 2009, soldier Francheska Velez and her unborn child were murdered by jihadist Nidal Hasan with 13 other victims. Her last words: “My baby! My baby!”

Eight children were murdered on airliners that jihadists hijacked and crashed on Sept. 11, 2001.

Christine Hanson, 3, was on United Airlines Flight 175 with her parents. She was on her first trip to Disneyland. Juliana McCourt, 4, was traveling with her mom — also on her way to Disneyland. David Brandhorst, 3, was traveling with his adoptive dad and his companion.

Sisters Zoe Falkenberg, 8, and Dana, 3, were headed to Australia with their parents on American Airlines Flight 77.

Bernard Brown Jr., 11; Rodney Dickens, 11; and Asia Cottom, 11, all from Washington, D.C., were also on the Falkenbergs’ flight. They were public schoolchildren traveling with their teachers on an educational trip.

An additional 10 pregnant women and their unborn babies died as the Twin Towers toppled. Eight years before, during the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, one pregnant woman and her unborn child also perished.

The Boston Marathon bombing of 2013 injured 263 and claimed three lives, including 8-year-old Martin Richard. Authorities recounted at trial that Martin suffered “visceral pain” in nearly every part of his body as shrapnel — metal, wood, nails and pellets — from the jihadists’ pressure cooker bomb ripped into him.

Yes, the same type of sadistic torture bombs suspected of maiming and killing kids and teens in Manchester this week.

Newsflash: There is nothing new or unique about the barbaric soldiers of Allah executing premeditated attacks on our young. History teaches us there is no appeasing the unappeasable. They will not be bought by welfare subsidies, sensitivity programs, college educations or diversity-is-our-strength platitudes.

The slaughter of the innocents will continue unabated as long as the West’s useless last responders to jihad violence — addled by short-term memories and child-like comprehension of the Islamic imperialism imperative — prevail.

25-May-17
Biglazytater comparing radical Islamic terrorism to gun violence is like saying masturbation is equal to rape. Put the stupid down son you will hurt yourself.

25-May-17
25-May-17
If the killings in Florida was done by a white male with a hat that had the stars and bars on it the liberals would still be screaming and tearing down civil war statues.

25-May-17
A Civilization Devoid of Critical Thinking Cannot Defeat Islamic Terrorism

RUSH: Back in April, an ISIS supporter attack in Paris, Champs-Elysees, a couple weeks before the French elections — by the way, have you heard what they have done in Paris? I don’t know if this is the mayor or if it’s this new president. Do you know what they did? This is a sign, folks. This is a comforting sign to show you how tough the French are in this fight against terrorism. You know what they’ve done?

They’ve turned off the lights in the Eiffel Tower at midnight. You know how that is bound to frighten the terrorists? I mean, why didn’t we think of something like this earlier? What a statement. What a show of force. Turning off the lights on the Eiffel Tower at midnight to show solidarity with the victims of terror attacks. This is classic. This is like a hashtag, #bringbackourgirls. It doesn’t do anything. But the people involved think they are really contributing. They think they’re really doing something meaningful. And all it means is that no impediment to future terrorism is handed down.

We are, in fact, quote after quote after quote today from people in the U.K., from Theresa May to others, “This is the new norm.” They don’t say it that way but their attitudes are clear that they have no ideas, nothing to do here. They’re so afraid of offending Muslims and Islamists.

I have a question, ladies and gentlemen. If Islam is so peaceful, why is everybody so damn frightened of offending them? And on the other hand, if Christianity is so violent as people like Whoopi Goldberg and others tell us, why is nobody afraid to offend Christians? People laugh at, make fun of, and mock Christians all day long with no fear whatsoever. But you so much as think anything offensive about Islam, and they descend on you and they accuse you of violating political correctness and they beg you to shut up.

In fact, there’s United States Senator out there today blaming Trump for terrorist recruitment by daring to criticize them. Yeah, Chris somebody. There’s a lot of Chrises in the Senate. Let me find the guy. It’s in the sound bites here. Chris Murphy. This is the CNN Situation Room, audio sound bite number seven. Wolf Blitzer speaking. This guy’s from Connecticut, about the terror attack in Manchester, England. Blitzer says, “Do you believe the attacker deliberately targeted this –” (laughing) Do you believe — deliberate — this is what I mean! Asking a United States Senator if he thinks a radical Islamist terrorist purposely, deliberately targeted — yes! And do you know why?

Who was the performing artist at this concert? Ariana Grande. What she is? A woman, right? What do you think over half the audience of this show was? Women and girls! And Wolf Blitzer is asking, “Do you think it might have been deliberate?” I even saw a story, you know the Washington Post, folks, I can’t make this up. The Washington Post thinks they’re really on to something here. They think there might be some deep misogyny in terror circles.

I kid you not! There’s actually a story where the Washington Post has figured out these guys don’t like women! And it’s almost as deep a revelation as TIME magazine’s cover story back in the nineties that men and women are born different.

You know, yesterday — I keep sidetracking or diverting myself, but the synapses here are firing at greater frequency than ever. Yesterday we had the caller who wanted to know how I would confront Millennials and young people and tell them that everything they know is not right, it’s wrong. And I went into this big explanation of what I would do, and I had a note right in front of me. During the commercial break I had scripted a note to make sure I included it, and I didn’t mention it.

And the reason why it’s nigh on impossible to do is because for two generations we have not taught critical thinking. We have people in this country who, by definition, are highly educated. By that I mean they’ve gone to college and they have degrees. We don’t know what they know, but by our definition they’re highly educated. They haven’t the slightest idea how to critically think. In fact, it might be useful to define critical thinking. Essentially curiosity, a willingness to not blindly accept what looks good, that buttresses what you think.

Just genuine curiosity, the ability to refute, the ability to think about what you believe so as to be able to refute arguments against you. That’s not taught. I think, by the way, that the lack of critical thinking is a major contributor into so many more millions of Americans buying into conspiracy theories.

Do you know what the latest big conspiracy theory is in the U.K.? Contrails. Do you know what a contrail is? It’s when a jet’s flying at high altitude and the exhaust from the engine creates what looks like clouds coming out of the back of the engine as the heat from the engine condenses with frozen air that high in the atmosphere, and you get a contrail. There’s a conspiracy that says that these contrails are designed to destroy the planet. Some people think they’re up there fighting climate change with these; others think that these are part of the effort to destroy the planet.

The ability to fall for something like that requires somebody not being able to think critically. Forget critically. Just think! I think the reason for that is that education has become indoctrination. There’s nothing about education that inspires learning. You know, critical thinking, curiosity is a huge part of it. The more you know, the more you want to know — and the more you hear, the more evidence for it you want to hear and have before you cement your belief system to it. That’s critical thinking.

Absent critical thinking, you will simply believe anything anybody says, particularly if it’s written down. If it’s written anywhere — if it’s written on the internet, if it’s written in the newspaper, if it’s written in a magazine — there’s a tendency to automatically believe it. And I think that’s what makes it difficult to persuade anybody — not just Millennials, but any number of people — who are not capable of independent thought, critical thinking or what have you. Here’s Chris Murphy answering Wolf Blitzer’s question: “Do you believe the attacker deliberately targeted this concert in Manchester ’cause it featured an American perform…?” They’re totally missing this. Here’s the answer.

continued at link

25-May-17
Love...koranderthalic style (note the burka)

25-May-17

26-May-17

Bowbender's Link
24 more dead in an attack on Coptic Christians in Egypt. They have been the target of the Egypt's Islamic State group and that group is suspect in this attack as well.

Here is a quote from a video released following an earlier attack in February.

"God gave orders to kill every infidel," one of the militants carrying an AK-47 assault rifle says in the 20-minute video."

Guess that dude hasn't read a single verse of the Quran, either.

• Sitka Gear