Mad dog 26-May-17
Mike in CT 26-May-17
sleepyhunter 26-May-17
bad karma 27-May-17
Amoebus 27-May-17
Shuteye 27-May-17
25-May-17

Brotsky's Link
Maybe if a few more of these arse hats got body slammed once in awhile they'd stop with their shenanigans. I say good for him and in MT he probably widened his margin of victory.

25-May-17
The lame stream media is already saying he was following Trump's orders to beat the hell out of them.

25-May-17

Jimbo's Link
Three Montana newspapers that previously endorsed Gianforte withdrew those endorsements. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out with voters. I'm sure there are many who feel like Brotsky, which will help him at the polls. We'll find out soon enough.

25-May-17
Might want to read up on the firsthand accounts of what happened. Gianforte acted like a thug. As a bonus, he sued the state to block access on an existing easement to the Gallatin River. How wonderful, someone with lots of money who can't control his temper and tries to keep the public from legally accessing a river.

25-May-17
I don't know the specifics. Nor, will I say he acted appropriately in vice versus. What I will say is being a journalist does not give you the right to be a careless idiot with no regards to manners or discipline that ensures you treat the fellow man with respect.

That goes both ways here no doubt. But, if people would just think a second about the way they treat other people, problems caused by their actions would be alleviated.

God Bless men

25-May-17
Brotsky & WV. The BBC reporter has put out audio of the entire incident (not long). He asked 2 questions and Gianforte attacked him. Gianforte yelled something about a piece the BBC did on him a couple weeks back (done by a different reporter).

You never know if you are getting the entire story, but if MSNBC and FoxNews have pretty much the same story (and Gianforte doesn't look good in either), then you know the guy just snapped. He is charged with assault.

25-May-17
It's clear from the audio, the reporter kept pushing as they always do. Gienforte may not have responded correctly, but I don't blame him. Reporters are worse than kids nowadays.

25-May-17
The vote is today.

A large percentage of Montanans have already voted, so this incident is not likely to change the results of the election.

25-May-17
I think you're right, Kyle. And, one report I heard said most people have already taken advantage of early voting. So, it's hard to say if this event will have much impact on the vote.

25-May-17
The reporter allegedly entered a private room where he was not supposed to be. He was twice asked to leave. He refused to do so. The rest of the story depends upon who you believe.

25-May-17
It won't matter. Democrats will lose again.

25-May-17
I don't know anything about this guy or his politics. I just love the fact that he tossed this whiny little bitch reporter on the ground...especially a whiny one from The guardian no less. Definitely a bad move losing his cool but it brings joy to my heart whenever a reporter gets something they deserve IMO.

25-May-17
Democrats are winning every poll lately but losing every election. It reminds me of W's re-election. The exit polls showed W losing but when the actual vote came in, he won. Therefore, the actual vote must be wrong.

25-May-17
JTV x 10!

you just broke my glasses.... WAAAAAAAAA!

25-May-17
Amebous, I don't care who was right or wrong. One thing is for certain, had the reporter honored the mans request to wait, gave him just one piece of decentcy, and respected he was already busy and had asked the reporter to talk with one of his staff, then why should this man be painted as a bad guy.

Ever had a bad day? Ever had someone be so rude it just flipped your switch? This didn't happen in down town New York. This happened in a place where men act like men. And, give each other the respect they deserve. And when they don't, this is what happens.

I'm not saying it was the right or wrong thing. I'm simply saying if you poke a sleeping bear long enough, don't be surprised when he wakes up.

25-May-17
The guy was giving a private interview in a private room when the guy from the Guardian walked in. He was asked leave and wait. He did neither, then persisted in being an ass.

I've spent a lot of time in Montana over the last thirty years, so trust me on this: it's not a good place to be a disrespectful ass.

25-May-17
Montana is over-run by libs, especially the west end. Gianforte may have a rough row to hoe. The lefties love that Marxist rag, The Guardian, and may send their vast armies of ignorance to protest should he get elected. At the very least, I'm betting the squishy will try and sue. Interesting.

25-May-17
70% of the vote was already cast via early voting and absentee voting before this happened.

I doubt this incident will make much, if any, difference in the result.

25-May-17

Amoebus's Link
Kyle - the only place that I have heard the 'private room' highlighted was from Gianforte's press release. Here is the Fox news reporter who was in the room describing a bit of a different situation.

He will have an interesting time in DC if this is his reaction to a puffball question.

25-May-17
Phil,

Or maybe not. It seems the FOX reporter has since clarified her recount of the event. It also seems the interview room WAS a private room of sorts, given she mentions they set up in an adjacent room next to the room the BBQ was held in.

From COTR: "Montana Assault Witness Tweaks Her Story

Hannah Bleau (Red Dawn), May 25, 2017, 01:22pm

'Nope. It’s not over.

In case you missed the drama, Ben Jacobs, a political reporter for The Guardian, is claiming that Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate vying for Ryan Zinke’s congressional seat, “body-slammed” him.

While Gianforte’s campaign maintains that Jacobs “entered the [campaign] office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg’s face, and began asking badgering questions,” Fox News reporter Alicia Alcuna– a witness of the incident– had a different story. Emphasis mine–

'Faith, Keith and I arrived early to set up for the interview in a room adjacent to another room where a volunteer BBQ was to take place. As the time for the interview neared, Gianforte came into the room. We exchanged pleasantries and made small talk about restaurants and Bozeman.

During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte’s face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act.

Gianforte told him he would get to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question.

Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, “I’m sick and tired of this!” Jacobs scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken. He asked Faith, Keith and myself for our names. In shock, we did not answer. Jacobs then said he wanted the police called and went to leave. Gianforte looked at the three of us and repeatedly apologized. At that point, I told him and Scanlon, who was now present, that we needed a moment. The men then left.'

But now, she’s walking back a bit. While speaking on “The Laura Ingraham Show” Thursday, Alcuna said she misstated the whole part about Gianforte grabbing Jacobs by the neck.

“One of you guys said last night that he put his hands around his neck,” Ingraham said. “Which, as somebody who’s done a lot of taekwondo and self-defense, to me that seemed, that might not be exactly right.”

“You know, and I’m the one who said that,” Acuna replied, “I saw both his hands go up, not around his neck in a strangling type of way, but more just on each side of his neck, just grabbed him and I guess it could’ve been on his clothes, I don’t know.”

“Again, just to clarify, he didn’t grab him by the neck with both hands in the way that was initially described, that’s not quite accurate,” Ingraham asked at the end of the interview. “?No, so it wasn’t like he grabbed him around the neck, he had one hand on each side of his neck,” Acuna confirmed.'

So what REALLY happened? Again, I’m not defending assault, but why is she suddenly tweaking her story?"

25-May-17
Putin called her and told her to straighten out her story.

25-May-17
It seems Gianforte is being supported by a lot of folks following his getting 'fed up' with the reporter.

The Daily Caller is reporting that over $100,000 has come into his campaign since the incident.

25-May-17
So some 'law and order' guys here are advocating breaking the law (assault and battery) for the sake of their party. Thats all fine and good, but don't call yourselves the party of 'law and order'. One more point, if a journalist had retaliated and put that guy on his ass, would you then be calling that journalist violent and a thug that ought to be arrested? I"m guessing you would. Funny how no one here has called for the arrest and charges on Gianforte. Very telling

25-May-17
mikev, that describes your worthless democrats, to a tee. Thanks for clearing that up. 8^)

25-May-17
MikeV,

You are funny. The Democrat party pays lowlifes to break the law. Do you have a problem with that?

25-May-17
He has been charged with misdemeanor assault.

I don't find it noble or justifiable. He's s pathetic candidate IMO

25-May-17
The future congressman was charged with misdemeanor assault for the uniformed post.

25-May-17
Interesting not noted: for Gianfonte to have been able to toss Jacobs to the floor, Jacobs must have been much closer to Gianfonte than would be reasonable for a reporter.

Journalism is dead...and those that practice it today consider themselves to be "special" and have privileges that supersede polite society. Just because he is a "reporter of some sort", does not give him the right to shove a phone in someone's face and demand an interview/comments.

The likes of MikeyVagina (aka Paul Zedian) have no respect for an individual's private space (or any rules they feel are below their superego views) and feel that it is proper behavior to invade personal spaces. Jacobs needs to accept that his own behavior lead to this incidence. Gianfonte would never reacted had Jacobs not acted in his impolite/improper manner.

Bottom line of this election (not a primary) is that Gianfonte represents views more in line with his state than the Democrat's obamunism. I doubt if this would have changed any voting decisions.

25-May-17
Sad choice either way IMHO . Republican , Self centered entitled billionaire , Democrat Druggie musician that says he has hunted Montana all his life. Buttttttttttt has never had a hunting license. God bless, Steve

26-May-17
He won.

26-May-17
Not so fast Shuteye, according to this liberal Fox news harpy losing is now winning.

26-May-17
Sometimes Jessica makes sense and calls out the democrats. This wasn't one of those times. But, she is hired to make the show fair and balanced and it is hard to do.

26-May-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

26-May-17
Wasn't even close!

26-May-17
I would have needed to be there to make an exact judgment on this, but if you get in someone's face close enough that would be considered a physical threat. I would take it that way. If the reporter did this then he got what he deserved. If not, then some of the less popular posters may be right.

26-May-17
Gianforte did win the election, not because attacking a journalist helped him, but because 70% of the people in Montana had already voted. Many people were calling up voting stations wanting to change their vote but couldn't. So Montana is stuck with this piece of shit as their representative. He is a multimillionaire from New Jersey who lives in a small town in Montana and thinks he can do what he wants and get away with it. He tried to buy himself the election as governor and lost, and now he has bought himself this election, but only won by 6% in a State Trump won by 20%. This piece of crap Gianforte sued Montana FWP to try and block access to public land beside his land, and of course lost. One more jackass going to Washington DC, who will sell off our public lands where we hunt first chance he gets, so he and his billionaire buddies can buy it up and shut everyone else out. Don't understand why people on a bowhunting site are happy to see him win. Oh, and by the way, only reason its a misdemeanor instead of a felony, is because despite knocking the guy to the ground and punching him he didn't do enough damage to warrant a felony. So he is just a bad tempered sissy.

26-May-17

26-May-17
Hey Closet Democrat, you must be so proud of a party who promote dweebs like...

The DCCC’s national mobilization chair in 2016, Rep. Jim Clyburn, was completely unaware of the special election in Montana.

Last week, Congressman Jim Clyburn, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s national mobilization chair in 2016, was asked if the DCCC planned to get more involved in the upcoming Montana special congressional election to replace new Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.

Clyburn gave a nine-word response:

“Montana special election? Oh, I didn’t know about that.”

26-May-17
Padraig, I wouldn't worry too much about Gianforte. The liberals have a vast and powerful political machine backed by deep pockets and they will do anything and spare no expense to block anything thought to be remotely conservative. They do it now.

I like that he won just in case Trump has to select another POTUS and some other things, but like you, I do value the public lands and I am not so sure my state of Las Vegas, er... I mean Nevada, can be trusted. We had Dirty Harry Reid make millions off of real estate ventures involoving public lands while "servicing" this state, so I am kind of reticent about the freedom some of these politicians will have when they have a all that dirt at their fingertips to bargain with.

26-May-17
Jim - "I like that he won just in case Trump has to select another POTUS".

Freudian slip?

26-May-17
Gianforte can apologize. He doesn't have to mean it. At the end of the day the reporter got the message. Apology or not, Jacobs got humbled, big time.

26-May-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Well ain't this a hoot!

Ben Jacobs, the reporter who was thrown to the floor for being an azz, wrote this in 2014.

Payback's a B!tch, right, Mr. Jacobs?

26-May-17
Payback may be a bitch, but the payout he gets won't be.

Selective application of morals is a dangerous thing. Assault on someone you don't like is still assault.

Wanting to punch someone and making the conscious decision to act upon that desire are two entirely different things.

If the reporter was unlawfully in the room, a smart person would have called law enforcement and had the person trespassed. A not-so-smart person takes vigilante justice into their own hands and ends up charged with assault.

Bob Ethridge's sorry behavior certainly doesn't validate or justify Gianforte's sorry behavior.

26-May-17
JLS, you're mistaken. Jacobs was asked to leave and his response was to say no and shove a microphone in Gianforte's face. Jacobs got what he deserved, he got his ass whooped and the entire country knows about it.

26-May-17
Alec Baldwin wishes he had the BALLS to slam these weasel paparazzo to the ground. If he ever had the nuts, you libs would be justifying it. Don't be so Damn phony. Mad Dog

26-May-17
Jeff,

I hope you don't need grief counseling after that patriot misfire. And Patriot, for the love of God get a primer on grammar and punctuation already; if you must be an internet troll at least be a grammatically correct internet troll.

"Internet tough guys"; the irony is rich here; the posers like yourself dumpling are closer to earning that moniker than the legitimate posters here. Now go scamper nervously away with your lesser half.....

26-May-17
"Listen to these so called tough guys here. "

I don't consider myself anything of the sort. In all honesty, if I asked someone not to stick a microphone in my face only to have shoved in my face again. The talking is over.

27-May-17
As I recall, JTV was a Marine sniper in a past life. "False Patriot," if you want to challenge him, please do it after the humiliation of losing badly to Kyle, and then, get your azz kicked up between your shoulder blades by JTV. Then let's see you post about internet tough guys.

27-May-17
Careful guys - this pissing match could land you in a British dossier...

Looks like Gianforte has issued an apology - never a bad move.

27-May-17
If you ever watch Gutfeld he has a huge black wrestler on his show every week. His name if Tyrus. Tonight they were talking about the reporter being body slammed. Tyrus said that is not a body slam. Then they showed a video of Tyrus body slamming another wrestler. He said what the politician did was a brush by and he does it at the airport all the time. That Tyrus is funny and very smart.

• Sitka Gear