Question on Propane Regulator
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Hunting5555 25-May-17
itshot 25-May-17
DL 25-May-17
slade 25-May-17
25-May-17
Hoping you guys can help answer a question I have.... In the process of building a gas smoker. Getting ready to purchase a supply hose with a control. Which would be better, a hose with a basic on/off control and constant regulator or a hose with an actual adjustable regulator?

Hoping some of you guys that use a fish cooker a lot might be able to help out.....

25-May-17
have not messed with a gas smoker but considering how important a low, well regulated temp is for smoking, go with hose with regulator, use temp gauge on smoker to determine adjustments to keep in 200-225 range

25-May-17
Whatever you come up with try this. I made some pastrami using a corned beef brisket. Came out tender and good. I got the recipe on line. It was simple. Rinsed it off and soaked in water over night in the fridge. Next day seasoned it heavily, put it on a rack and back in fridge. Next day smoked it til it had a 195 degree temp. Wrapped it in Tim foil and back in fridge over night. The next day it was hot pastrami sandwiches for dinner. Actually dinners for a week. Got one in the refrigerator now to do. You can also use a Weber barbecue. Take the bottom rack out and start with a dozen briquettes and chips. Keep adding more briquettes as they burn down. Get a grinder and start making sausage too.

25-May-17
DL. Why did you soak it in water?

• Sitka Gear