HA/KS 16-Jul-17
Woods Walker 16-Jul-17
HDE 16-Jul-17
Woods Walker 16-Jul-17
Woods Walker 16-Jul-17
HA/KS 16-Jul-17
NvaGvUp 16-Jul-17
02-Jul-17
This is something you've likely seen before in some version. This one is the most complete version I've seen.

"Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence ?

· Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died.

· Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.

· Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.

· Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

· Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists.

· Eleven were merchants,

· Nine were farmers and large plantation owners;

Men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

· Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

· Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

· Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

· At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

· Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

· John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!"

It's time we get the word out that patriotism is NOT a sin, and the Fourth of July has more to it than beer, picnics, fireworks, and baseball games."

02-Jul-17
^^^ And that is why the wacko left will never win!!!

Consider yourselves warned...

02-Jul-17
freeglee would call these people the deplorables.

02-Jul-17
People like freeglee and Sybil will never understand this.

Never.

02-Jul-17
BULLSH!T

You've just proven you have no clue!

Get over it! Hillary LOST!

02-Jul-17
You are resisting the ideals that those good men fought for ?

Part of the "living document" theory gang are you?

Your resistance movement is nothing like theirs nor will it be. Re read the title of this thread.

Lives fortunes and sacred honor. While I doubt any of your ilk were in the service as you mostly protest the military, you don't know what it means to put you life on the line.

Fortunes??? Mommy, daddy and the govt provide your needs.

Sacred honor .... From those that want to remove God from this country? Honor? You mean the resistance that cover their faces because they are ashamed ie antifa?

I would be happy if you could spell it. Or better yet just say thank you and be on you way.

02-Jul-17
Tiger eye,

WELL SAID!

You, too, JTV!

02-Jul-17

HA/KS's Link
“Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer A Leftist”

10) Huffiness.

9) Selective Outrage

8) It’s the thought that counts

7) Leftists hate my people.

6) I believe in God.

5 & 4) Straw men and “In order to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs.”

2 & 3) It doesn’t work. Other approaches work better.

1) Hate.

I should add that the biggest reason is that it just plain doesn't work. Never has, never will.

How many Americans today actually understand "Sacred Honor?"

02-Jul-17
The resistance movement wants to sacrifice someone else's lives, fortunes, and sacred honor:

Lives - give up your freedom for gov't for that is the organization of can't do.

Fortunes - socialized healthcare, high taxes, etc.

Sacred Honor - your no good [insert race/gender] trash and a bigot xenophobe.

Go away kid, you're bothering me.

02-Jul-17
Damn tiger eye, you got me all fired up!!!! Well said

02-Jul-17
If they believe in the Devil, in beating up innocents and in destroying businesses which have no dog in this fight, is that OK with you as well?

02-Jul-17
Really Freeglee you don't consider the Clinton's upper echelon?

02-Jul-17
May be fighting for what they believe in, but not similar in that they want equality regardless of your own blood, sweat, and tears. They want a forever freebie, the others wanted to keep what they earned.

Hardly similar...

02-Jul-17
I just spent last week in Charlestown, West Virginia. George and Charles Washington lived there, and raced horses down main street. Saw some old Washington homes. A lot of the Revolutionary War was planned from there.....

Really cool stuff.

I hate to break anyone's bubbles, but Charles Washington's home was pretty darn big. Guess those "upper echelon" types weren't worthy or something.

What pure D feedlot dust.

02-Jul-17
The guys who signed had A Lot to lose, and did, as outlined at the start - way more than most of us.

They didn't have to sign anything...

02-Jul-17
Great thread - I've seen this in other forms as you mentioned but it really drives home some important things.

All those people who lost so much believed in the American dream, before there even was an America. It was an idea in which anyone could prosper through hard work, regardless of social class, pre-existing wealth, etc.

And that dream has been realized by so many people who have come here and made a better life for themselves and their families.

To see it compared to a bunch of spoiled punks looking to dismantle the very thing that gave them their right to be spoiled punks is disgraceful at best.

03-Jul-17
BK, you should 've got a hold of me. I'd happily rode up and bought you supper. I'd loved to met you man.

Back on topic. These men and the leftist mind set have nothing in common. While these men believed in fighting government over each and corruption, Lefty's believe in promoting it. That's a polar opposite in the core values of each cause. FWIW FreeGlee, believing in something only makes it right, when it is RIGHT. And, take HDE's advice. You lefty's are being subtly warned of the same fate the last over reaching government and, it's believers suffered.

03-Jul-17
WV, I'm typically there annually, and would be happy to have dinner with you. We'll make it happen the next time.

03-Jul-17
Consider it done BK.

03-Jul-17
West Virginia is one of the seven states I've never visited.

I guess that's because I've never had any reason to go there.

I've got clients all over the country, but none in any of those states, which explains part of it.

The other six states are Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Mississippi and Arkansas.

At some point I need to fly into Providence in October, then drive up to VT, NH and Maine.

03-Jul-17
Never saw this list, so complete. Why WASNT/ISN'T taught in all schools? I will pass this on brother. Mad Dog

03-Jul-17
Seems the left can't help but constantly prove their disconnect from truth and reality......

These men, the FF.... pledged everything they have so as to gain the rights and freedoms for them and for future generations which no common man on earth had ever had before.... the left works to take them away.

And to their champions "Sacred Honor" is exactly the opposite, they pledge nothing themselves but to give away what others have earned..... and they become rich and make their fortunes doing so.... every single one of them from the Clinton's and Gore's and Obama's all down through Bernie Sanders himself. There supporters lie to themselves, forced look the other way as they have to know in their hearts that these people are in fact the elitists and became "upper echelon" by enriching themselves at the public troughs they work to create and enlarge..... all as long as the leftists get some scraps they didn't have to work for.....

03-Jul-17
Kyle, West Virginia is a spot with a lot of American history. Charlestown was the choice that came in second to the District of Columbia for the seat of government. Harper's Ferry was a rifle manufacturing plant, and you can see the marks on the walls of the buildings from the muzzle loaders back in the day......

Lot of cool history in those buildings and hills.

12-Jul-17
My copy of "Washington's Immortal's" arrived yesterday.

Can't wait to sit down with it.

15-Jul-17

HDE's Link
This is a cool rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and a pretty cool video that goes along with it.

Progressives beware...

15-Jul-17
" people asked George Washington to be our KING" .

It's because they didn't know anything else besides that type of hierarchy. Today, they can see the differences if they choose to. Most choose to fight common sense, and for reasons I will never understand, but that is a privilege they are offered as Americans. Got to love our founding documents.

15-Jul-17
" people asked George Washington to be our KING" .

Of recent presidents and major candidates, which ones would have accepted and which ones turned it down?

I think it would have gone almost 100% along party lines.

16-Jul-17
I've read a lot about Washington, and the more I learned about him and the time he lived in the more I believed that his presence here at that time was divine intervention. He was the perfect man to be in that position as our first leader.

16-Jul-17
Agreed, WW. He was even better and more important than we were ever taught even when we were taught to respect the founders.

16-Jul-17
WAAAY more. And on many different levels, from his leadership skills, to his instincts, boldness, and probably most importantly his HUMILITY. He knew when to back away at THE most crucial time.

16-Jul-17
There is an account of a farmer that heard George Washington's prayer at Valley Forge.

Said he had never heard a human pray like that before or since...

16-Jul-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

16-Jul-17
Two EXCELLENT reads on this very topic are Jeff Shaara's, "Rise to Rebellion" and "The Glorious Cause". As a history buff I already had a pretty good overview of what happened and when, but these books made me understand more of the "why". They also give you a deeper look at the people who were the key players of the time.

16-Jul-17
Has anyone read Rush's kid's books on this topic? I haven't and wonder how good they are.

16-Jul-17
Woodsie,

OMG!!

I love that!

So true!

• Sitka Gear