orionsbrother 07-Jul-17
Thumper 08-Jul-17
Anony Mouse 08-Jul-17
Anony Mouse 16-Jul-17
Anony Mouse 22-Jul-17
Anony Mouse 22-Jul-17
07-Jul-17

orionsbrother's Link

"I’ve just come to appreciate even more the words of those minorities when they speak of harassment and police arrogance. I had a good dose of arrogance on this evening and, in my rear view mirror, the image of the second officer out of the car, his hands ready in case I made the wrong move. My life seemed to be in danger."

Yeah. It's clear from the video that his life was in danger, he was harassed like a minority and the officer was horribly arrogant. Watch the video and then read the column at the link. Dipsticks competing for the golden victim card.

07-Jul-17
He needs to adorn his steering wheel with cleansing energy. See the humor thread.

07-Jul-17
I can almost read the coexist bumper sticker in the video.

07-Jul-17
Looked like a normal stop to me. I've been pulled over my share of times. Once in a little Texas town I went through a drive through and shut off my lights because I could tell they were blinding the guy in front of me in line. Forgot turn them back on as I left onto a well lit street. Cops pulled me over and when I opened the glove box to get the registration a box of 9mm flopped out. They went on full alert (understandable), I made sure my hands were up and open as I explained I didn't have a weapon in the truck at the moment other than a recurve.

Turns out the guys house I had just left after a quick hog hunt was one of the officers brother in law. All was fine and we parted ways after showing them the little hog I killed and discussing hog hunting and bows for a bit.

Only other one that was tense (not for me) was a gal that I assume was brand new with a trainer. She pulled me over for no front license plate and was shaking like crazy. I did my best to make what seemed like her first stop go as smooth as possible. She did a written warning and as we parted I thanked her and I said something like "I'm sure it will get easier". She ignored it but her trainer smiled and silently mouthed "Thanks".

Once on a frozen night in Nebraska heard turkey hunting, the old Suburban we were in broke down. Deputy pulled over and gave us a ride to town. I was in the back seat with the deputy's rifle sitting next to me in an open soft case. I commented about the scope or rifle being nice and he laughed and said "I guess I should have moved that". Apparently we didn't look too scary.

07-Jul-17
Back when she was in college, my oldest daughter was pulled over by a couple of deputies for speeding. As she pulled out the registration, something fell out of the owners manual where the registration was. It was probably a 4-leaf clover as she had picked up several over the years. The young deputy asked if he could search the car due to the "leafage" he had seen. While he searched, Katie visited with the older one. When the deputy gave up on finding anything, they went to let her go without even a written warning.

Katie asked if the grocery store across the way was open as she wanted a Dr Pepper. They told her it was closed but there was a vending machine out front. Katie said "Aw shoot, I don't have any change." The older deputy told her it was no problem just pull over there and he'd buy it for her. So, not only did she talk her way out of a ticket, (15 mph over), but they bought her a bottle of soda pop to boot. ;)

07-Jul-17
Awe come on. From what I could discern from this painstakingly long and boring clip, the guy presented a cognizant argument when he stated that a turn signal violation was a bit picky. Sure, at the very end he lashed out with something that might've sounded like a racial accusation. But over all, he wasn't out of line.

I hope he goes to court and the judge shows leniency.

07-Jul-17
The sister of the guitar player in my band got pulled over for speeding on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. She had had a few drinks and was heading home. She lived right across the bridge. Her radio was full blast playing "Play that funky music white boy." She left it blaring and the cop asked for her license and registration. She opened the glove box and couldn't see in there. She grabbed the flashlight out of the cops hand and found her registration. The cop knew where she lived and told her to follow him to her house. When they got there he told her to slow down and didn't give her a ticket. To this day when she sees me she says, "Play that funky music white boy."

07-Jul-17
Now, THAT is MY kinda cop, Shuteye. Thanks for adding that... hehehe

07-Jul-17
Solo - That's the point. The guy who got pulled over is a reporter who wrote a column about how he got his dose of police arrogance and was in fear for his life during that rather mundane stop. His proclaimed perceptions are at odds with reality as seen in the video.

08-Jul-17
Cost him his editing job, the paper he use to work for fired him.

08-Jul-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Elsewhere, the fake news media demonstrates their irrelevance and ignorance...

16-Jul-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Another case of where a company finds a political cause...makes a statement...and beclowns themselves.

22-Jul-17

22-Jul-17

• Sitka Gear