Salagi 09-Jul-17
Hunting5555 11-Jul-17
TD 11-Jul-17
HDE 12-Jul-17
Bowfreak 12-Jul-17
gflight 12-Jul-17
08-Jul-17

Gray Ghost's Link
Frankly, I find it hard to believe that an organized KKK group still exists.

That said, do you think their rally in Charlottesville helped or hurt the cause to keep civil war monuments?

Matt

08-Jul-17
Yeah, not helping the Confederate Flag/ Monument issues...

08-Jul-17
They're worse than liberals and BLM, but not by much. World would better off without any/all of three.

08-Jul-17
Frankly, I find it hard to believe that an organized KKK group still exists. -You and me both.

That said, do you think their rally in Charlottesville helped or hurt the cause to keep civil war monuments? - Crippling. The Klan is the last group I'd want advocating for an issue about which I care. Thumper summed it up nicely. Racists and post-modern liberals -forgive the redundancy- we could do without.

08-Jul-17
it's the old dems vs the new dems, and it's not a cause to 'keep' the monuments it's a cause to 'remove' them, it's typical leftist tactics, it's real censhorship promulgated by the loony left

great wapo link, good to see them hard at work

08-Jul-17
it's the old dems vs the new dems

Umm....I'm pretty sure none of the KKK demonstrators were Democrats. I could be wrong.

Matt

08-Jul-17
zooooom, did you hear it at least?

08-Jul-17
Southern Democrats started the KKK. Lincoln was hated in the south as well as the Republican Party.

08-Jul-17
itsnot, You are on the Wrong side of History!! The Democrats have been waging a War on Racism since they started!! The monuments Must Go!! The KKK Must Go!!!,i.

Freebeans, thanks for exposing your ignrance....again,,,,now please leave. This is a grown up discussion.

Matt

08-Jul-17

TD's Link
Freestuff, every day you give proof you're about 14 years old.......

Dem Senator "Sheets" Byrd was a high ranking member in the KKK. He "retired" in 2010, or when you were about 7.....

There is quite a list of congressmen and gov.... even a couple presidents that were members of the KKK or rumored to be connected with them. A great many if not most of them democrats.

The Gov. of Alabama George Wallace who violently fought integration was a dem..... the Dem party actively resisted the Republican sponsored Civil Rights Act of 1964, filibustered by the democrats. The list goes on and on..... and in many ways the dems are still to this day trying to keep black people on the plantation......

Good grief you are a clueless tool.......

08-Jul-17

Owl's Link
The 5 tenets of slavery are the same today as they were pre Civil War. Only the tactics have changed. Democrats are political party responsible for both.

08-Jul-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo

09-Jul-17
I start a thread to express disdain about a group and its iideology, and you dolts turn it into a political blame game.

I guess I shouldn't expect more from this crowd.

Matt

09-Jul-17
GG. I have seen where you come on someone elses thread, and turn it into a political blame game. Does that make you a DOLT to then? What a moron. You are getting as bad as FREEloader.

09-Jul-17
I start a thread to express disdain about a group and its iideology, and you dolts turn it into a political blame game. -You start a thread about racism and expect it NOT to turn political? That deserves a "Come on, man..."

The source of racism in America, namely paternalistic exploitation, is still alive, well and still firmly seated in the Democratic party. Only mechanisms and degree of relative prosperity have changed.

09-Jul-17

Gray Ghost's Link
Owl,

Do you honestly think any of the gun-toting hooded mental midgets at this rally were registered democrats? And if the answer isn't obvious enough, maybe a quick review of their website will make it clearer (see link).

I do appreciate your earlier response to my original post, however. Like you, I care deeply about preserving monuments depicting our nation's history. After all, you never know where you are going, if you don't know where you've been.

It just disgusts me that a KKK group would endorse the same side that we stand on this issue.

Matt

09-Jul-17
In the deepest recesses of my heart and soul defined by a life lived in close relationships for the opportunity to easily and RIGHTFULLY engage in racism, I came full turn when I became a adult and opened wide berths in my former beliefs. That was then this is now. My perceived distorted and racists beliefs as a child, wherein the proximity of close activity was sensed through your nose which declared for one, what your neighbor was eating for breakfast, I have since returned. I presently employ my childhood innate street sense survival skills to combat the actions of my new formed adversaries in America today concerning racism. BLM......FU.....WLM.....and until ALM equally I am a avowed RACIST with documentation of events that buttress my position. How else could any race survive? ...with programs, half measures, uneasy truces,...LOVE? Wake up, disk the Obama historical apologies for your race and be proud and stand strong. Your children and grandchildren will be the beneficiaries, and maybe , just maybe, RACISM will realize its own folly. Reagan: "Peace through Strength": The Rock " Nothing was ever gained by backing down".

The Rock

09-Jul-17
Matt, I simply ignore the Klan. They'll undoubtedly support some things I support, for their own reasons, but I don't care what they promote, as I don't care one flying damn about Black Lives Matter. Both are racist hate organizations. The Confederate flag is a part of our history. Removing the flag and monuments to those who fought gallantly in the Civil War is wrong. I suppose we should also level any plantation homes and quit wearing cotton just to make this nonsense complete.

This is the legacy of Obama, snowflake stupidity.

09-Jul-17
......to those AMERICANS who fought gallantly in the Civil War".....and are now being cowed into a position of weakness to discredit these Americans whose ancestors fought and shed blood for the birth of this nation and their children. Wash away all vestiges of the lives of Americans simply because a minority group of the time threatens an uprising should America does not conform? Instances and events such as these, foreknowledge in place, would have given validity to Ben Franklin's idea that the National Symbol and Insignia should be the the Flying Eastern Turkey. Someone in that room had the foresight to break a sweat and scrap that idea post-haste. Today?..well.........Trump has put a quick fix to that because this bird has sharp eyes and talons that sink deep.

The Rock

09-Jul-17
YIKES!!! Historical FACTS!!!! OMG......JTV you are MEAN!

09-Jul-17
My bother in laws family came from Indiana. He has a collection of his great grandfathers KKK memorabilia , hoods , robes , carved crosses , wood carved totem sticks . They were all democrats .

09-Jul-17
No, GG, but that is to itshot's post. The old guard meets the new guard. The old method of overt paternalism lost its home in the New Deal and was cast adrift. Given our retarded binary political system, by default, that left them trying to plant their flag in the GOP. (Never really took, though). I grant that does lend credence to your POV but the last time the Klan was embraced or even viable was in the Dem party.

09-Jul-17
"Frankly, I find it hard to believe that an organized KKK group still exists. That said, do you think their rally in Charlottesville helped or hurt the cause to keep civil war monuments"

Let me answer the question first then address your first sentence. I think it hurts it. The KKK and other hate groups adopted the Confederate Battle Flag as PART of their symbolism and that truly began the hatred towards and misrepresentation of the Confederate history in the last several years. We are seeing a growth of the calls to remove every vestige of that part of history by hate groups. Even though it is not politically correct to call them hate groups that is exactly what they are. They have been enabled in the last few years by the political feelings of the vocal portion of our society. Instead of learning from history, they wish to erase it.

Now to your first statement. Unfortunately, (in my opinion) the KKK is alive and well. I have dealt with several of them as the main faction is headquartered in the county I live in. There are several "denominations" of them, some radical some not. I used to work at a hardware store where the Grand Whiz would patronize and so I heard a lot from him. Some of his ideas were right and it would surprise many of you how much you would agree. Many of his ideas were way off base. Thom Robb (the head) would tell you he had nothing against Blacks, just didn't think they should live in the same places as Whites. He told me it was a law of physics, two objects cannot occupy the same place at the same time. Yeah, as I said some of his ideas were way off base. By the way, he was a slightly smaller than average, balding, and bespectacled man, did not look like what you would picture as the leader of that organization. I always wanted to tell him I was a card carrying Cherokee just to see what he would say, but never found the right moment.

Most of the problems they are causing in our neck of the woods right now are due to billboards that basically promote white pride and say things like "diversity is the code word for genocide." Honestly, the media makes more of them then they are worth and keeps them making the news around here. If the media would just shut up and ignore them, most of the drama would go away. Then, if the liberals would shut up and ignore them, even more of the drama would cease. Many of us just don't pay attention to them.

And by the way, many of the KKK members around here are registered Democrats.

09-Jul-17

Yes Trublu, it never ceases to amaze, does it?

09-Jul-17
I have no sympathy for the KKK or their beliefs as they have been portrayed by the media, but have no first-hand experience to say how accurate that portrayal is.

Having said that, the logic of the original question could also be applied in this way "Does the NRA supporting gun rights interfere with support of the second amendment?"

IMO the founders intended that all citizens should have the right to discriminate in any way that their conscience leads.

The constitution clearly states that the federal government should not discriminate, but to me freedom of assembly gives every individual the right to associate or not associate with any person or group as they choose.

Civil War monuments should NOT be torn down. This rush to erase all evidence that the democrat party was at fault is very similar to ISIS destroying historical buildings and monuments in the Middle East.

09-Jul-17
Interesting take Henry! Good point. It is VERY much a part of their history and their recent history at that.

09-Jul-17
A question freebie.......

Were you born an imbecilic moron or did you have to work at it, because you defy all reason and logic!

09-Jul-17
Your - indicates possession as in "is that your popcorn?" You're - a contraction of "you are" as in "you're going to regret doing that in the morning."

09-Jul-17
I guess I'll take "born that way" as an answer. No one can achieve that level of stupid just by working at it......it's a gift.....

09-Jul-17
Fruitfly you ought to take 14 as a compliment I honestly thought you were younger!

09-Jul-17
Freeglee - you are not the only one that used the wrong form of your/you're on this thread so don't take it that I was only correcting you. And there was a point to my "little lesson" as you called it, using the correct form of a word is important and that is one that is misused too often and so makes my list of pet peeves (although it doesn't rank as high as loose/lose). Just take it as it was presented - a "little lesson." If it is going to upset that much, I'll give you a cyber pat on the back and say "there, they're, their!!!!" ;)

One last little lesson that is directed at you Freeglee, since you have griped at others that change your handle on here to make fun of you, maybe you should take pains not to imitate them. I haven't ever addressed you as anything but your handle that you have chosen, (although I have poked fun at your excessive use of exclamation points!!!!!) ;)

11-Jul-17
Salagi, you are definitely being too nice to Freeglee...... No more than I am on here anymore, I've seen enough to know he definitely fits the bill as the Bowsite village idiot!!!!

11-Jul-17
WRT the OP..... I don't think anyone here thinks the support of the KKK is good for any cause or view they have.

Not sure what the alternatives would be though..... could denounce them while still voicing support for the monuments, etc. but not sure at that point it would make much difference.

12-Jul-17
So, for all the bleeding heart humanists out there, what is the difference between KKK pajamas and a Burqa?

Saw a woman wearing a burqa once in Canada - pretty ghost like actually...

12-Jul-17
There isn't a dimes difference between the hearts of BLM, KKK or Westboro Baptist Church members. It doesn't matter what they say with their mouths they all have hardened hearts.

12-Jul-17
"KMA all of you!! You can Play all the Word Games you want but you are Wrong!! If calling me 14 gets you through a day your Welcome!!!"

I see a light....

Is Cognitive Dissonance is about to collapse with this one?

Could we have another sleeplyhunter in our midst?

I think he actually looked at the link and is beginning to get WOKE ;^)

• Sitka Gear