Brotsky 10-Jul-17
bad karma 10-Jul-17
Whitey 10-Jul-17
bad karma 10-Jul-17
sleepyhunter 11-Jul-17
bad karma 11-Jul-17
bad karma 11-Jul-17
08-Jul-17
It says (fiction) right in the title of your link.

08-Jul-17
Link says story is fiction?

09-Jul-17
And apparently, just as uninterested in reading what you post, much less checking it for accuracy. There's no other explanation for missing the very first sentence which labels the article as fiction.

09-Jul-17
Another serving of Spike spam.

Matt

09-Jul-17
Well for what it's worth they were having fire fights on the Russian/Syrian boarder.

09-Jul-17
Thank goodness the story is not true. Interesting why the effort was made to make the video? Propaganda from the left? Very bad joke? Intent to scare people? Not very funny.

09-Jul-17
I don't think it's anything new KPC my grandma read the Enquirer and believed every word. She was convinced the "mob" as she called them ran her small town. the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot , alien landings etc . There is a really good book on why people believe what they do call " the believing brain" by Michael Shermer. It's a really good read and goes into the historical reasons for our thought process. He does a bit of religion bashing in the book but if you can ingnore it it makes a lot of sense and you will look at people differently. In short people believe something first then they only source information that confirms that belief . They enforce it by surrounding themselves with people that believe the same. Everyone who believes differently is not to be trusted.

09-Jul-17
" The lack of critical thinking," Particularly if it agrees with our opinion. I get very tired of people who thing AGW is a hoax ( I agree) passing on idiotic "science" supposedly proving it wrong when their information is as faulty as the AGW crowd.

The same goes for religious or political "facts." Just because it agrees with your opinion does not make it true.

09-Jul-17
Good posts above. I agree.

As a side note, if you did end up watching some or all of the video, it does really show how our world is still a dangerous place and how things could get really crazy in a hurry. I remember a movie that came out right after the Berlin Wall came down as the Cold War diffused, called "By Dawn's Early Light." Great movie scary as hell as to what could happen.

09-Jul-17
KPC, to put my comments in perspective, I cannot recall a single thing that I would agree with either hilary or obama

10-Jul-17
KPC, I have not been reluctant to express my misgivings about trump. However, his official actions since taking office are pretty much OK to great with me.

He is still not my favorite person, but may turn out to be a truly great president.

10-Jul-17
Quit deflecting, Spike. You posted a piece of fiction without even reading it carefully. Then, your first comment is "if true, this is not good."

I wouldn't give you grief about this, if it were the first time, or only occasionally. But, you've shown a knack for consistently posting BS articles like this almost daily. I derive no feelings of superiority for saying that. It actually disappoints me.

Matt

10-Jul-17
""I wouldn't give you grief about this, if it were the first time, or only occasionally. But, you've shown a knack for consistently posting BS articles like this almost daily. I derive no feelings of superiority for saying that. It actually disappoints me. ""

""As is evidenced by this thread, when their particular theory, "news" flash, or opinion is shown to be irrefutably false, they often resort to playing the victim and claiming they were just kidding all along. Same shtick, different thread. ""

But you still find the time to post again and again and again. I see the same type of behavior from freeglee, resist, mikev, ruger. Critical thinking fail. Hypocrite behavior.

10-Jul-17
So, Spike Bull posts obviously false crap, and it's Gray Ghost with the problem? Even the folks who are going down South Broadway from pot shop to pot shop can't find a way to make that make sense.

10-Jul-17
Read it once. Realize it's a mistake. Let it go. No need for everyone to gang up on Spike.

10-Jul-17
When your life's mission is to start a dozen threads a day, you are bound to make some mistakes. However, I would prefer quality over quantity (and some effort to fact check please)! Some percent of the Spike threads are still good reading.

10-Jul-17
Once or twice is a mistake. You're supposed to learn from your mistakes. When it's habitual, calling it a mistake is like calling the Titanic a little boating accident.

10-Jul-17
We already defeated the Russians back in the late 80's. Tom Clancy wrote a whole book about it and everything.

10-Jul-17
Some people DO try to deny the obvious. Stop it, it makes you look even less credible.

10-Jul-17
A bacteria defeated the Martians in War of the worlds. I am not sure how they filmed it so well with out getting nailed by the Martians. The greatest generations did all kinds of cool stuff to save the world. Back then. I saw they killed a giant octopus attacking the Golden Gate Bridge too!

10-Jul-17
No, it was Slim Whitman music that defeated the Martians.

11-Jul-17

11-Jul-17
I think Bugs Bunny thwarted Marvin the Martian a few times, too.

11-Jul-17
Nothing will change. You'll still post obvious fiction, hoaxes and complete corral dust, and then deflect when called on it.

• Sitka Gear