Joey Ward 12-Jul-17
Dave G. 12-Jul-17
Joey Ward 12-Jul-17
BIG BEAR 12-Jul-17
Mad dog 12-Jul-17
Mpdh 14-Jul-17
longbeard 14-Jul-17
12-Jul-17
Did any you guys watch the game last night?

I always look forward to the game, but last nights affair leaves me much to be desired. It had a "circus" atmosphere to it. Batters bringing a Iphone to the plate so the catcher could take photos of them with the ump, players with headsets on in the field, during the game, to give interviews and such....................

Did get to see some very good pitching but........I just feel let down about the game as a whole. Not like those in the past.

You?

12-Jul-17
I had a 3:30 AM wakeup so I only watched the first 4 innings, but I agree, it had more of a circus feel to it since the game had no impact on home field advantage as it had in the past.

But I have to admit, I never agreed with that rule anyway.

But I did enjoy watching some of the young talent that was voted into the game - there's some really good up-and-coming players out there. Plus my Nats were well represented. :^)

12-Jul-17
True dat, Dave. But Bryce out in right with the headset on asking about the Dallas Cowboys?

It was like finding out Blake Lively has hairy nipples.

:-)

12-Jul-17
Aaron Judge is a beast with 30 homers as a rookie....at the break !! and he hit 4 of them over 500 feet and won the derby. The kid seems real humble and well mannered... I like him. Max Scherzer looks well on his way to another Cy Young...... Boy do we Tigers fans miss him.

12-Jul-17
Pro sports are NOT the same. I barely watch my Giants. MD

14-Jul-17
It's all driven by TV revenue.

14-Jul-17
I remember when I was a kid I couldn't wait to watch the All Star game. Not so much any more and I watch baseball everynite. I am a huge baseball fan to say the least, but you guys are right, all sports in general have changed. I did take a quick peek at this years All Star Game and I really felt that it had a circus like atmosphere. It's shameful, but I guess they are trying to appeal to a different target audience these days.

• Sitka Gear