BIG BEAR 17-Jul-17
Owl 18-Jul-17
Anony Mouse 23-Jul-17
NvaGvUp 23-Jul-17
NvaGvUp 23-Jul-17
Woods Walker 23-Jul-17
BIG BEAR 23-Jul-17
12-Jul-17
Kid Rock has just confirmed he WILL run for Debbie Stabenow's Senate seat next year.

12-Jul-17
I would vote for him and a whole lot of hunters will too.

12-Jul-17
Have no idea who he is.

12-Jul-17
What's his real name? Is he running as Kid Rock? Will he be known as Senator Rock?

12-Jul-17
Jeff,

I like the song; great lyrics, but the melody is a blatant rip-off of Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London". Can't believe no one ever pressed that.

That aside, he'd be a huge upgrade over DD.

12-Jul-17
Kid became the poster boy of Michigan despite singing songs about having an 8 ball in his pocket....(cocaine).......but most people I know would rather see him or even Ozzie Osborne in office over Debbie Stab A Cow.

12-Jul-17
Kid Rock has been a strong proponent of the 2A and other conservative issues. He has connected well with not only his fan base WRT these views, but has been on the side of many key issues that voters made their choice last November.

Definitely not part of the DC establishment contingent of the Republican Party.

12-Jul-17
Her husband got caught banging a hooker in a hotel...... Man did that look bad for Debbie.

12-Jul-17
The main riff progression is from Sweet Home Alabama which the song is a Homage to and came out before Werewolves of London. It does sample Werewolves slight variance which is a common thing now and usually done with permission.

12-Jul-17
That would be awesome - if you think the libs heads are exploding over Trump wait til the Kid lands in DC. He learned to hunt by hanging with Hank JR.

12-Jul-17
The guy never forgot his roots unlike that Ungrateful Madonna who moved to Spain or France..... Kid did a nice video up at our Pictured Rocks and gives homage to Michigan regularly...... he is very well liked here and most likely stands a real chance of being elected.

12-Jul-17
Rarity: to actually be able to vote for a candidate rather than the lesser of two choices.

12-Jul-17
We used to medley those two songs back and forth, back when we started playing backyard parties (same basic chord structure). So, Kid Rock ripped us off, lol !

Best of Luck, Jeff

12-Jul-17
his music is good enough, but then again I used to laugh my azzoff at stuart smalley.....

would be nice to see more of the man and what he stands for and AGAINST

12-Jul-17
Trust me those "samples" were above board. He brought those songs renewed attention. MD

12-Jul-17
If I remeber correctly, there are actually three different melodies in hormony, Sweet Home being one.

A very tough thing to do.

12-Jul-17

Anony Mouse's Link
From the Breitbart link:

"...The website does not feature Rock’s potential policy positions; the musician has in the past described himself as “more libertarian” than anything else, and previously campaigned for Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election.

Rock also endorsed Donald Trump during the 2016 race, telling Rolling Stone in an interview that Trump’s business background would be beneficial to the country.

“My feeling: Let the motherf—king business guy run it like a f—king business,” he told the outlet in February of last year..."

12-Jul-17
Who gives a $h!t about his music?

Seriously.

All I care about are his beliefs and his love, or not, of The Constitution.

12-Jul-17
From what I understand...... Debbie could hang about 10 donuts off the Kid...........

13-Jul-17
I'd rather see Bob Seger.

More, like a rock. :-)

13-Jul-17
Huge Seger fan. But the liberal bug got him too. Last album had a global warming,climate change song on it. Baaaaaa Seger is his name now.

13-Jul-17
Mellencamp too. Mad Dog

13-Jul-17
Talking Michigan here, mad dog.

Maybe Ted prodded the kid on? :-)

Doubt Frey would've been interested. And Seger still tours. He's a travlin' man. :-)

14-Jul-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Via IOTWReport:

"...

On Thursday, Rock launched his first major attack on his potential democratic opponent, incumbent Sen. Debbie Stabenow.

According to Detroit News, the senator slammed Rock's entry in to the race, saying he was better “at guitar,” but wasn’t a serious politician. The rapper fired back, saying he would be the voice for “tax paying, hardworking Americans.”

“I concede she is better at playing politics than I am so I'll keep doing what I do best, which is being a voice for tax paying, hardworking AMERICANS and letting politicians like her know that We the People are sick and tired of their bulls***!” said Kid Rock.

Criticism of Rock’s senate bid echo similar comments made about President Trump, with many calling his entry in to the republican primary a "publicity stunt."

“President Trump was thought to be more of a publicity stunt prior to him pulling the trigger on the 2016 presidential race. So I think it’s possible that with the election of Trump we see more of this,” said a Political Science professor from Oakland University."

14-Jul-17
And just like Trump... Kids opponent is a heinous bitch..... ripe for an upset.

15-Jul-17
I'm not impressed with the conduct of Kid Rock. May he be ran out of this race quickly, and more so, may his replacement be an ally to the conservative cause who is worthy of that office.

15-Jul-17
I hear ya, Spikie, and I agree with you. In the case of the Kid, from what I'm seeing, he has yet to make much, if any effort to improve his filthy vocabulary. I suppose I need to hear more about his core beliefs before pronouncing judgment on his political stances, but right now it doesn't pan out too well for him, IMO.

I'd be well pleased if the Kid proves my initial impression of him to be wrong.....

15-Jul-17
He's a carny. He may be a carny that I share some of the same ideas with, but he's a carny none the less. Just because you can sing doesn't mean you can manage/lead. Apples and oranges.

16-Jul-17
So again, folks want their way or the highway. It has to be their exact brand. Just like NeverTrumpers. What if the choice was between the incumbent and Kid Rock? What if that's the choice? Who'd you rather have?

Everyone here wants strict Constitutionalists without any left-leaning anything for all positions in government. They feel so strongly in their convictions that they feel everyone else that's conservative and centrists will vote for their brand too. The problem is, these sorts of folks are not getting elected in large numbers. This is Michigan. It's loaded with urban voters. If anyone's going to beat the Democratic incumbant, it's Kid Rock.

16-Jul-17
Is there any truth to kid dumping his endorsement of Trump and endorsing Hillary?

As for his views. I know he is pro 2A. He doesn't care if Tony wants to become Tonya. He is Proabortion as well.

I am not a Michigan resident so no worry in me voting for him. However I don't have to agree with everything he stands for for me to support him.

16-Jul-17
My concern isn't about his beliefs as much as it is about his qualifications. Other than make music, what's he done as far as running things? If I need to have delicate eye surgery done I damn sure don't want a plumber to do it even though he may be the best at sweating pipes.

16-Jul-17
WW: apply that thought to all the members of Congress and your point is moot.

Odds are that if you replaced all with random people off the street, nothing would change other than a slight shift in recognition of the little taxpaying serfdom.

16-Jul-17
WW: apply that thought to all the members of Congress and your point is moot.

Odds are that if you replaced all with random people off the street, nothing would change other than a slight shift in recognition of the little taxpaying serfdom.

16-Jul-17
Woods,

Qualifications? You mean like the current crop of "qualified" incumbents? The FF fully intended for a citizen government. Not as a full time career, but serve a term or two and go back to civilian life.

16-Jul-17
I just don't want him to be the Republican version of Stuart Smalley!!!!!

16-Jul-17
A few Kid Rock quotes on politics:

On Gun Control "Getting rid of them is not the answer. The guy who got Osama bin Laden was on Fox News. His daddy raised him in Montana, hunting, fishing. He got it from hunting. What that kid knows is fucking valuable. Shooting 200 yards is hard. To be able to make 1,000-yard shots? I'm glad we have some people like that on our side." – Rolling Stone, February 2015

On Gay Marriage and Abortion "I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it's not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don't look forward to marrying gay people, but I'm not opposed to it." – The Guardian, January 2015

On Freedom of Speech "Rap-rock was what people wanted at the time, and they still love those songs at shows. But it turned into a lot of bullshit and it turned out to be pretty gay … If someone says you can’t say 'gay' like that you tell them to go fuck themselves. You're not going to get anything politically correct out of me." – The Guardian, January 2015

On His Wealth "I'm not just wealthy, I'm loaded. I can say that because I'm not embarrassed – I've made a fuck-ton of money, but I've never made a dishonest dollar. I try to do right by the people around me." – The Guardian, January 2015

On Barack Obama's Win in 2008 "I'm patriotic so I'm just happy the people's voice has been heard. I will support him until I have reason not to. It's a great thing for black people. Black people were kind to me growing up and taught me hip-hop and the blues, so it's good the U.S. has proved it's not as racist as it's sometimes portrayed." – Metro, November 2008

On Choosing to Endorse Mitt Romney in 2012 "[I wanted to make sure he's not] just a rich guy who wanted to become president to out-do [his] dad. I know what it's like to want to be better than your father. Of course, I'm getting these 'I really want to help America [answers]' and I said, 'Cut the shit, this is my living room; this isn't going to leave here.'" – Howard Stern, November 2012

On Supporting Donald Trump in 2016 "I'm digging Trump. I feel like a lot of people, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican, feel like if you get Hillary or Bernie, or you get Rubio or Cruz or whoever, there's going to be the same shit. Has that much fucking changed when anyone's in office, whether it's been a Republican or a Democrat in office, in our lifetime, anyway? I haven't really seen this big, like, fucking change. Obviously some people fucked up. [Laughs] That's a long debate. My feeling: let the motherfucking business guy run it like a fucking business. And his campaign has been entertaining as shit.” – Rolling Stone, February 2016

On His View of Politics in General "If people vote the other way, then I'll support our president, whoever's elected. More importantly, somebody's just gotta smack the fuck out of Congress and get them to start working together, and put this bullshit aside and get this country back on track." – Billboard, November 2012

Would you vote for this man?

Matt

16-Jul-17
When you are from Michigan, and have some skin in the game, feel free to speak about the politics of my State. If not, quietly move along. What I think about Colorado, Washington (or the other 47) means nothing to anybody but myself, so that is where I keep my opinions (to myself). When folks start speaking up about matters they cannot have an outcome in, they are getting scared and feel it best to try and somehow sway the ones who do have skin in the game.

Political correctness has gone on long enough, and it's time it stops.

16-Jul-17
Mike, The states, each individual as they appear on the surface, effect the entire nation. Simply look to California and the state run politicians. Who foots the bill for them? You and I through government grants and programs that I do not believe in. Everyone of us has "skin" in the game when states elect looney tunes for representatives.

As far as Kid Rock.....this guy is all over the map, neither here nor there, neither warm or cold. The perfect trait for a politician leaving a wide berth to run through WHENEVER necessary which incidentally is always. So in effect and for all intents and purposes, another who will swim oblivious and contentedly in the warm political gene pool of incompetency.

The Rock

16-Jul-17
Rocky, I will say I agree with you 99.9% of the time. This is that .1% I do not. Be it California, or Pennsylvania, I don't have a vote, so I should not have a voice. Let the people of this state speak for what is best for THIS State!!! Does it effect the Union? Of course it does, but there is nothing a man from Michigan (Me) can do to change what happens outside of Michigan, except by voting for the President. It's that simple.

As for our current State governmental body (Michigan), I feel they all should be replaced (for my own reasons), and will do my part in seeing that it happens. I suggest everyone take a hard look at THEIR State, and do what they can to inact positive change that will benefit the USA as a whole.

Complaining about someone where you have zero chance of effecting the outcome (voting for or against) is a kin to wanting to change the leader of Zimbabwe. It does nothing but waste people's time, and energy, when it could have been better used to effect the betterment of THEIR State, had they chose to get involved in their own politics.

16-Jul-17
GG, every one of those quotes would make me want to vote for him even more! If you just filter out the expletives, the messages are pretty spot on.

16-Jul-17
Kid Rock has numerous times said that he has a pretty libertarian view when it comes to politics. His views (IMHO) are far more preferable to both of Michigan's present US Senators (Stabenaw and Peters) who are hard core obamunist ideologues that put the Democrat Party and its objectives over the concerns of Michigan residents.

I quit writing and emailing Stabenaw as she has not once ever answered one of my communications with other than a form stating she "appreciated my views gobbledygook probably dealt with by a staffer. The only way to get access to her is by donating money...a small time Hillary like pay-to-play scam.

16-Jul-17
Mike, Truthfully outside of Trump I have not believed one word a politician claims he will do for quite some time and the reason behind that is Donald Trump is NOT a politician. When people choose a career in politics they see unlimited opportunity in gaining that seat for one purpose and one purpose only, and you and I don't figure to share in that opportunity. That is politics in America. They are spending 5-10M to get that seat and they are expecting every dime and future interest to come back. Man and money. Bad medicine.

The Rock

16-Jul-17
News Item of the Day: Fauxahantis warns Democrats not to take Kid Rock's announcement lightly..."Remember Trump".

Breaking News: Stabenaw claims unnamed sources link Kid Rock to Russia. Keep an eye on this story as the annonymouse sources promise to reveal the ultimate map to "No There There".

16-Jul-17
We could use some Carnys, plumbers, butchers, and everyday people in with the Hoi Paloi. Stir some shit up. Mad Dog

17-Jul-17

17-Jul-17
Uh.....Oh! Kid Rock / Katlyn Jenner 2020.

The Rock

17-Jul-17
Kid Rock/ Alice Cooper ....... "I wanna be elected !!!"

18-Jul-17
In my book, anyone who can affect my life by casting a vote is a concern for me. I've always considered the US Congress national office.

23-Jul-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Early poll (!!!) shows Kid Rock up by 4 over Debbie Donuts.

23-Jul-17
My suggested slogan for Kid Rock:

"Government of the people, by the people and for the people, not the other way around!"

23-Jul-17
When a three-term US Senator like Debbie Donuts only scores 26% in a poll, it means that person is going be utterly destroyed in the general election.

Given that Stabenow is nothing more than a Chuckie Schumer sock puppet, that's a good thing!

23-Jul-17
Maybe Kid Rock can move to Illinois??

23-Jul-17
Get it right. It's Stab a COW.

• Sitka Gear