Change of Heart: I believe in AGW!
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Anony Mouse 12-Jul-17
12-Jul-17
I'm almost convinced...

From IOTW Report:

I’ve Had a Change of Heart – I Believe in Man Made Global Warming

I’m sorry if I’m disappointing our readers, but I’ve been convinced the planet is warming because of human activity and that we only have a few years to act before we are not be able to reverse this fatal course and survive as a species.

It is THAT SERIOUS.

It is now incumbent on me to help enact change in order to save all of humanity. My particular activism will focus on the industry that is the most planet raping while reaping the least benefit for mankind, and of course I am talking about the moviemaking business.

In light of how precariously close we are to losing this planet, industries that produce a huge carbon footprint, yet are not necessary to our survival, must not be allowed to continue.

Let’s look at what it takes to make a movie.

Let’s assume after someone has driven all over town, spewing carbon, that their project was green-lighted.

A crew is then sent out to fly all around the world looking for the best locales to film the movie. Even after the perfect locations are chosen, often changes have to be made. For instance, if it’s a period movie, vintage cars will be driven into the area just to give it that special authenticity. Entire streets will sometimes be changed to suit the moviemaker’s needs. This requires energy.

Hundreds of pieces of equipment will be trucked in for every scene. Lights, sound, film, wardrobe, water effects, anything that is needed will be sent out ahead of the actors, assistants, publicists, crew, etc.

Once the movie starts rolling the necessary gear is often duplicated and set up at different locales in advance so that there is no delaying the stars of the picture when they show up to shoot. Meanwhile, B-roll and incidental footage is being shot elsewhere by assistant directors, all with their own planet raping entourage.

Sets will be built. Torn down. Discarded.

Food will be trucked in. Set up. Discarded.

People will be driven and flown around, all spewing carbon.

Often overlooked is how often a movie shuts down highways and roads, blocking traffic, making carbon emitting cars and trucks idle unnecessarily, wasting energy.

Once the movie wraps the carbon footprint is only beginning. Often the actors have to be flown in to reshoot a scene, or go to a studio to do voice looping. It’s seemingly endless.

When that phase is complete they are sent out to advertise the movie. They are flown to different cities to do publicity, going to various local TV shows, talk shows or charities, trying to get people to go see their project.

Meanwhile, posters are being printed in every language, duplicate copies of the movie print are being sent out to movie houses all around the world, Merchandise, like hats, tee shirts, toys and trinkets are manufactured and trucked out to all corners of the planet. All of this is done so that millions of people will drive their cars to take a look at their film.

After this stage we enter the DVD making stage, which has a large carbon footprint of its own.

Is this really worth it, considering we are all going to die unless we stop producing unnecessary carbon?

More times than not the movie is not all that good. That makes it doubly ridiculous and infuriating to allow these frivolous endeavors to take place. The upside cannot compete with the downside.

Do we really need to see The Planet of the Apes 11, the fictitious account of a fight for a fictitious planet, when we are fighting for our very existence right here and right now on the actual planet we all live on?

That is why I am proposing that we put a moratorium on moviemaking until science can safely assure us that we are out of the woods.

It’s not like there will be no entertainment. There are thousands of movies that have already been made that the public hasn’t seen. We can watch them while our planet heals.

The moviemaking industry will go along with this idea, I know they will, because I hear them in interviews, I hear them at rallies, and I hear them at the award shows. They know we only have a little time left before it’s the end of the world as we know it.

Making a movie seems silly considering what it does to the planet.

Contact your congressman.

Additional reading:

See

Mission Impossible star flown by helicopter in order to avoid sh*tting in a port-a-potty.

13-Jul-17
a normal person learns pretty quickly that taking a dump in your trailer is pretty much the last thing you want to do.

• Sitka Gear