Solo 15-Jul-17
osage 15-Jul-17
Mike the Carpenter 15-Jul-17
osage 16-Jul-17
bad karma 16-Jul-17
15-Jul-17

Solo's Link
Mountain lion crashes through California woman's bedroom window

"A woman in California thought she was dreaming when she woke up to find a mountain lion in bed with her.

On July 4, surveillance video provided to KTXL captured a juvenile mountain lion running in front of a pickup truck in Colusa, crashing into the door of a bowling alley, then running through an apartment building's parking lot.

Eventually, the panicked cat jumped through the window of one woman's apartment, landing on her bed.

"Actually, at first, I think she said she thought she was dreaming. It didn't seem real,” apartment manager Francis Muniz told KTXL.

She stayed calm and opened the back door of her apartment. The animal, bleeding, took off.

Animal trackers told KTXL the mountain lion may have been reacting to its reflection or it may have thought it was going into a cave.

Colusa County Fish and Wildlife Commissioner John Troughton warned of the growing number of mountain lion sightings in populated areas.

"The reality is that lions are in this area, one of them has been in town probably more than once," Troughton told KTXL."

There have been several cougars sighted within the confines of the Portland and Vancouver metro areas recently as well.

And just like every other natural occurrence that's been happening on planet Earth for several millenniums, this must have something to do with global warming too....right?

15-Jul-17
No, it was the temporary moratorium on mountain lion hunting that took effect back in the '70's.

15-Jul-17
"There have been several cougars sighted within the confines of the Portland and Vancouver metro areas recently as well" . ^^^^

They typically follow the money. :-)

16-Jul-17
I had a cougar after me a few years ago. Dumped me after she saw my financial statement.

16-Jul-17
I'm old enough that the cougars who'd chase after me have one foot in the grave, and the other one perilously close to the edge.

• Sitka Gear