Whitey 17-Jul-17
HA/KS 17-Jul-17
Whitey 17-Jul-17
Ace 17-Jul-17
HA/KS 17-Jul-17
Bake 17-Jul-17
TD 17-Jul-17
17-Jul-17
My wife has a few shares from when she worked there. We have no experience in what happens now that the sale to Bass Pro has been approved.

17-Jul-17
It will be bought out at the sale price or replaced with the new companies sock at par value.

17-Jul-17
I think that Bass Pro is privately held (no public stock), so what happens?

Does she need to do something?

17-Jul-17
They buy the stock at the purchase price agreed to when they bought Cabelas. She can contact them or they will send out a letter to all share holders of record.

Get rid of it before Amazon puts them out of business.

17-Jul-17
The buyout was approved by the SEC on June 3, and by Cabela's shareholders on June 11. The agreed upon price is $61.50/ share. The deal is expected to close in the 3rd quarter.

If you still own the shares at the time of the deal closing, you'll be paid out at that price.

17-Jul-17
Thanks Ace. Wish she owned a few thousand shares! She bought most of it under $10 and I think all under $20.

17-Jul-17
Timely thread. I was wondering the same thing. I wondered for a long time whether they had my new address, as my father in law bought the stock for me about 10 years and 3 moves ago. But I did get the voting information in the mail, so they have my address.

I have 5 whopping shares :) :) He did buy them at $24 though, so I wish it was $5,000 :) Taxes will eat up all my profit :)

17-Jul-17
Oh.... never mind..... thought you said "socks".... but I still have a few pair of them left though.... good socks.

• Sitka Gear