Mike in CT 18-Jul-17
Mike in CT 18-Jul-17
HA/KS 18-Jul-17
HA/KS 18-Jul-17
Whitey 18-Jul-17
Salagi 18-Jul-17
18-Jul-17
Kevin,

A couple of clarifications from the graph; are those numbers viewers in millions? Wouldn't the 9pm slot have been a better yardstick as that was the time for "The Kelly FIle" on FNC?

Thanks for the forthcoming clarifications!

18-Jul-17
Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification; I figured that was what the figures were but didn't want to assume. I agree, she is not performing as poorly as has been suggested and given time, may grow her viewership.

I think starting in the summer wasn't the best move and I don't think interviewing Alex Jones will go down as one of her better moves.

It will be interesting to see what her ratings/viewership looks like come fall.

18-Jul-17
One thing I noticed was that the same show on Fox had more viewers early than later in the evening by a wide margin, but the other networks, the early and later showings had similar numbers.

My interpretation was that Fox viewers went to bed because they had to get up to go to work the next day.

Also, a show that first ran during what would still be the work day for most of America did better after people got home from work.

18-Jul-17
Another factor in ratings that seldom seems to get considered is that on any satellite or cable package I have ever looked at, Fox does not come with the basic packages, but the subscriber must pay a higher rate for any package that includes Fox News.

18-Jul-17
NBC has the highest news viewership of the 3 basic free providers . All news viewership is trending down since 1995 because of smartphones. Last I read total nightly news viewers were below 25 million. As HA said the 3 networks are available in all packages for cable and satellite and over the air for free.you have to pay fir Fox News by upgrading your package. MK followed the highest rated show on fox so she inherited a lot of viewers. So MK is tanking in the largest available market because she has to draw viewers not inherit them. She is tanking because the advertisers will not pay the rates NBC is asking for in that time slot for very long. News is how the networks make money so the heat is on.

18-Jul-17
"Comparing her new show to the same Sunday 7pm time slot, she outperforms all the other major cable news channels combined, and is very close to doing the same at the Sunday 9pm slot."

Could part of that be that there are a lot of people that do not have cable or satellite but only network TV? I would think viewership would have the potential to be higher just based on that alone.

I don't reckon I've ever seen any of her shows (no cable etc and hardly ever watch network TV), and honestly not very many clips even with what's been posted on the CFN (Community Forum Network), in times past. ;)

• Sitka Gear