Two Feathers 19-Jul-17
NvaGvUp 19-Jul-17
Rocky 19-Jul-17
woodguy65 19-Jul-17
tinecounter 20-Jul-17
Shuteye 20-Jul-17
woodguy65 20-Jul-17
18-Jul-17
I would like information on old time radio programs that would be available and suitable for children. I would like one that ends each episode with a cliff-hanger to make the listener want to come back next week. It can't be too adult content or too violent.

18-Jul-17
Try this Henry..........

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=arch+oboler

I had one of his records when I was a kid.

18-Jul-17
Not even close, WW. Horror and 8 year old kids is not anywhere I want to go!

18-Jul-17
Well I listened to it and look at me! Err......maybe you're right.......

18-Jul-17
I grew up btv, before TV. Had my own radio and remember listening to the Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Fibber McGee and Molly, Amos @ Andy, Sky King, Sgt. Preston and a bunch of others. When that program with the creaking door came on the radio got shut off.

The radio was a 5 tube job, so it was good, I would have to sit in a certain spot in my bed room with the antenna all curled up in my fist to get good enough reception to hear the programs.

Terry

19-Jul-17
I am hoping to find something that will require them to use imagination as well as listening skills.

19-Jul-17
When I was a kid, with no TV, I listened to Gabriel Heatter on radio every night. We had a radio that was huge by today's standards. When dad got home from work, Gabriel was tuned in to find out the latest news. Most of the whipper snappers on here have never heard of him.

19-Jul-17
Henry: would you have any access to old Intersanctim shows, the squeaking door would spring some imagination.

19-Jul-17
checking audible.com I see they have 327 old time radio programs on file. I can't help but think even the most "adult" radio drama from the old days would be pretty tame by today's standards but I don't see a lot of kids shows there but there are some classics like Sherlock Holmes. I tried to find this stuff when my kids were young and never found anything good. Harry Potter audiobooks were a crowd pleaser on some long trips.

19-Jul-17
HA/KS - When I'm driving I will sometimes catch the "Sugar Creek Gang" on the radio. It is 15 minutes long and for kids. You can google "Sugar Creek Gang" and find plenty for the books and DVDs but I never found their radio broadcasts.

19-Jul-17
When I was a kid, I remember listening to the radio shows in the evening as my dad and I were driving home from duck hunting and goose hunting.

I can't remember all of them, but they included 'Boston Blackie, Richard Diamond, Fibber Magee and Molly, Amos and Andy, and a host of them I can't recall.

19-Jul-17
Amos and Andy.... a parody of modern day Democrats and Republicans who all believe they are the "Kingfish".

The Rock

19-Jul-17

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
You need to get a radio from period as well if your going to do it right. This one is about 4' tall.

20-Jul-17
Yep, woodguy65, that’s the radio! Wished I still had it. Another favorite show in addition to the ones already mentioned was Bobby Benson and the B Bar B Riders. “Old codger” comedic character was played by Don Knotts years before his “Barney Fife” TV fame.

20-Jul-17
Woodguy65, that looks about like the radio we had back in the day.

20-Jul-17
The little doors below the radio is a compartment that I converted to house 5 bottles of wine with hanging wine glasses. LOL

• Sitka Gear