Community
Contributors to this thread:
Hawkeye 06-Aug-17
drycreek 17-Feb-18
06-Aug-17

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hello Bowsite,

After nearly two years of writing—a book that means a great deal to me is nearing publication.

Crimson Arrows: A Bowhunting Odyssey, encompasses 25 years of adventures: from Florida to the Arctic Circle and Alaska to Africa. There are 27 chapters with over 120 color photos interspersed throughout, detailing numerous hunts and lessons learned over the past three decades. The book is compact and will easily fit in a daypack.

The inspirations for this book were my two boys—as I wanted them to one day understand my passions and what drove me into the fields and forests. My hope is that after reading this book, you are inspired to chase your dreams and pursue adventures of your own—no matter the endeavor.

Crimson Arrows is as much about chasing dreams as it is bowhunting.

In a world in which hunting and the outdoors are at a crossroads, I also hope it gives readers a better understanding of what we as bowhunters have come to cherish.

I was fortunate to have the individuals listed below preview the book, and I will attach their testimonials.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy directly from me, please send a PM or a note on this thread. You can also email me at [email protected] as I will be pre-ordering copies soon.

My publisher has informed me that Amazon and Barnes & Noble will also be carrying the book—with hardbound, paperback and Kindle versions available in September 2017.

Good luck this fall,

Eyad Yehyawi Iowa

17-Feb-18
I downloaded this book several weeks ago intending to read it on my phone while hunting. Easy for me since I hunt from enclosed ground blinds almost exclusively now. Long story short, I didn't get to it, too busy reading Larry McMurtry's Comanche Moon.

I had to take my JRT out to pee this morning at 1:20 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went to the bar in the kitchen and opened up the iPad, turned to Crimson Arrows, and started to read. First, the endorsements read like a Who's Who on the current bowhunting scene, all familiar names, and all masters of their craft. Can't get any better than these guys ! I've made it to Chapter 3 and just felt like I had to look up this thread and encourage anyone who hasn't read it, to get cracking. Now, back to the book.........

• Sitka Gear