Community
Contributors to this thread:
JL 31-Aug-17
Mad dog 01-Sep-17
JL 03-Sep-17
31-Aug-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Pat - I took the liberty to post this up due to the nature of what is currently going on. I thought I'd put the word out. If this is inappropriate for Bowsite apologies sent and please delete. Thanks John

I got this in the inbox a bit ago. I annually donate to the CG Foundation which is a non-profit that helps out Coasties and their families. They are located in Connecticut

Emergency support: Help Coast Guard members impacted by Hurricane Harvey

Dear Friend,

I’ve just gotten off the phone with the Coast Guard who have sadly informed me that 5,000 Coast Guard members and their families live in the area devastated by Hurricane Harvey.

While these brave men and women are working tirelessly - rescuing 4,300 people so far - for many, their own homes and possessions have been destroyed by the most dangerous hurricane to hit the U.S. in over a decade.

This is an all hands on deck disaster with crews from around the country on their way right now to help with the search and rescue efforts, and the already catastrophic flooding is expected to get worse in the coming days.

Let us come together to support these brave men and women and their families. I urge you to donate right away so we can provide emergency support to our heroes as soon as possible.

Semper Paratus,

Susan P. Ludwig

President

P.S. - Your support now will help Coast Guard members impacted by this storm and provide support where it’s needed most.

http://www.coastguardfoundation.org/

https://wfc2.wiredforchange.com/o/8777/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=8895

01-Sep-17
Thanks for getting it out. God Bless them and their dogged tasks. Semper Paratus! Mad Dog

03-Sep-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Here's What We Know: Many U.S. Coast Guard units in Texas have been impacted, and some completely destroyed. More than 1,000 Coast Guard families are displaced. 3,000+ Coast Guard members are currently deployed and responding to the disaster. We need your help to help them.

Join us in supporting these brave men and women and their families.I urge you to donate right away so we can provide emergency support to our heroes as soon as possible.

Semper Paratus,

[susan_p_signature]

Susan P. Ludwig

President

P.S. - Your support now will help Coast Guard members impacted by this storm and provide support where it’s needed most.

• Sitka Gear