LaughingWater 31-Aug-17
DesertSheep 31-Aug-17
JL 31-Aug-17
HA/KS 31-Aug-17
SB 31-Aug-17
LaughingWater 02-Sep-17
Solo @ the Coast 02-Sep-17
31-Aug-17
Hi all - myself and 3 friends from high school are planning a trip to Glacier NP for summer 2018. We are all married, and between the 4 of us we have 7 boys that will be age 3-8 next summer.

I am looking for good options for lodging. We would prefer to avoid a hotel/motel and would prefer to get some sort of cabins so that the boys can step outside and play in the dirt etc.

Maybe one big house, or maybe a few smaller cabins in the same complex would work.

Any suggestions? We would prefer to be on the West side for airport access, but if we have to go east side, so be it.

any thoughts appreciated!

31-Aug-17

Glunt@work's Link
VRBO is the first place I would check. This one popped up with a quick search.

31-Aug-17
thanks Glunt, and apologies - i should have said I am planning on looking on VRBO, homeaway, etc, but i'd love to hear if anyone has personal experience.

especially with a group of small cabins/campground type set up. places like that tend to not make it onto VRBO and the like.

thanks again glunt and others

31-Aug-17
You could try here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grizzly-Base-Camp/625491847463445

31-Aug-17
I suggest going in late July or August. Last year we went in June and tried to drive up there but a summer snow storm hit and blocked the road going thru.

31-Aug-17
IL, same thing happened to us in late July.

31-Aug-17
Ha!...there isn't a snowless month in Glacier! Used to live south of there.

02-Sep-17
thanks for the thoughts - we are definitely thinking late july/august, so hopefully weather will be manageable

02-Sep-17
I always plan mountain excursions during the last week of July & first week of August. And it has always worked out very well. June is definitely out. And the last half of August can be prone to cold fronts coming thru.

• Sitka Gear