HDE 11-Sep-17
TD 15-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 15-Sep-17
Whitey 15-Sep-17
HA/KS 16-Sep-17
Solo @ the Coast 16-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 19-Sep-17
03-Sep-17
Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

03-Sep-17
I don't think illegal families should be separated. No way. They ALL need to be sent back. If these kids want to blame anyone for their situation they need to blame their PARENTS for bringing them here illegally in the first place. They made a CHOICE, and now they must take the reality that goes with it. If I robbed a bank and got caught and I have young children should I not go to prison because it would separate them from me?

They should have thought of this BEFORE they broke our laws.

03-Sep-17
They are costing us a fortune and the politicians don't mind spending my money.

03-Sep-17
" They made a CHOICE, and now they must take the reality that goes with it. If I robbed a bank and got caught and I have young children should I not go to prison because it would separate them from me?"

Bulls-eye! I'd add to this that it should be discussed that these "children", many who are being touted as productive, tax-paying members of society have also had a choice; the choice to attain legal status or to continue to be here illegally. The lack of political will to require these people to follow the law has exacerbated the situation and created a mentality that following the law is a matter of convenience, not necessity.

We don't have that option, neither should they.

03-Sep-17

Tiger eye's Link
Nerd here is exactly how Jesus thinks on immigration

03-Sep-17
But Jesus said, "Allow the little children, and do not forbid them to come to me; for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to ones like these." I recoiled when DACA was instituted and initiated by whom I believed, and continue to believe, was the devil himself. This one is shaping up to be a much tougher call than meets the eye. Very young children at a tender and inocent age will be impacted if there should be a wholesale close down of DACA. This decision must be met with deft and delicate hands because young children, have, since the beginning of time brought timid and shy men to stand in their defense. When a man reveals to himself and agree's to what his conscience has prohibited he commits a sin. Likewise those who deny themselves what their conscience has revealed is also a sinner in the eyes of God. I would hope upon the POTUS the wisdom of Solomon on this one regarding small children.

The Rock

03-Sep-17
What I can see possibly happening is those DACA folks of legal age could join the military.

https://www.thebalance.com/immigrants-in-the-us-armed-forces-3353965

Not sure what would happen to the under age folks.

03-Sep-17
The most important thing about immigration was stopping the pouring in illegally of immigrants. That has been done. Now, we must institute things to keep that from going back to what it it did when agenda driven presidents decided to change/over look it. Like a wall. However, as Everyone has pointed out, what remains is dealing with those that did get in.

I don't know the answer. But, I do believe we have to ensure those illegals become citizens through processes and laws already in place or, they and their loved ones get shipped back. Immigration status takes a while and, anyone who doesn't comply or, meet criteria, gets shipped back. That's the only moral proposition I can think of. I do believe that the kids of such actions are to be given credence in this and, the parents that claim to have done this to better their children's lives, should be made to prove that by doing the one thing that will ensure they live in a better place.

It's pretty simple really. Give them 90 days to apply, get started working on the applicants that did apply and, get busy exporting those that didn't. Approve those and their children that make requirements and, export those and their children that don't. The children who came with no parents need to be given the same chance. If they don't comply, then ship them back and dump them out. This isn't as hard as people make it out to be. People know what is right and what is wrong. Even young ones. And, everyone plays by the rules or they get punished. At any age. This isn't a new concept. and, our tax base demands we do this or we are going to sink folks. If they want to stay, become a part of the system or get lost. If this president does what he has hinted on concerning government entitlement, those that stay will be motivated to become a working part of our society versus being like so many spoiled Americans by living off the system. Our economy will dictate that if we simply make take the steps of eliminating the abuse of our entitlement programs.

God Bless

03-Sep-17
So which one of you will walk into a school and tell anninkocen child that although this country is all they know, they will go back to a foreign land even though the constitution gives them citizenship. So much for empathy, humane treatment and following the law. Huh? And stop with the "they're costing us an arm and leg". There are more white trash Americans on welfare than immigrants. Further, they work and pay taxes and purchase items all helping the economy.

03-Sep-17
The mythology of the left has always been that empathy supercedes the role of personal responsibility/accountability or that it is lacking in those who insist everyone be judged by the same metrics.

Following closely behind is the benevolence of the left, always extracted via the pen through legislated extortion; supremely easy to appear generous when the well is the labor of others.

Mythology aside, the key focus should remain on the facts; parents made a choice and it is the responsibility of the parents to assume the mantle of that responsibility; they and none other.

It is an inescapable reality that parents of at least school-age children have had many years to act within the system and have again, as they did in coming here illegally, made the conscious choice to not follow the laws of the land.

The argument being advanced is no less nonsensical than the concept of white privilege or critical race theory; concepts designed to legitimize theft-period.

From this point on each of you has a choice as well; engage a myth or stick to the facts. Choosing the latter makes it as easy as breathing to ignore the ramblings of the former.

Trust me, it's a path worth pursuing.

03-Sep-17
Immigrants who refuse to assimilate into our society are not welcome here. They are required to become good, productive citizens who are an asset to the people of our nation or they damage us as a whole.

Handing over the great privilege of citizenship to those who have no investment in becoming Americans does far more harm to them than good. And for those of you here who don't understand this simple basic concept, it's a waste of time to try to explain it to you any further. It's like trying to teach a donkey to talk....

03-Sep-17
Like the Daca first providers tat rescued a few people in Houston? They're going to be sent back. The daca scientists? Gone. Those people solo? And where does it say anything about assimilation in the speech on the Statue of Liberty?

03-Sep-17
Where does it say on the Statue of Liberty, "ignore our borders and our laws?" The Statue of Liberty is on Ellis Island, where immigrants who go through the legal way to get here are processed. You must have been valedictorian at the damn fool academy.

03-Sep-17
No one has ever said there aren't some really great people who've immigrated here illegally. It's likely they are the kind of people we want here. But they must do it legally. We have to require they do it correctly, or we create another path of destruction of our nation.

Great compassion requires great responsibility. If those immigrants refuse to abide by these simple responsibilities, then they do not belong here. We owe this to our citizens first and foremost.

03-Sep-17
It should be the PARENTS of those kids who go and tell them. It was THE PARENTS actions that put them in that situation in the first place when they CHOSE to break the law, NOT ours.

Bu that said, I'LL go and do it and make sure I have a slide show to show them how their PARENTS did this to them.

03-Sep-17
"Great compassion requires great responsibility. If those immigrants refuse to abide by these simple responsibilities, then they do not belong here. We owe this to our citizens first and foremost."

Dead on the money; probably far too much simple logic there for the emotion-driven left but well worth repeating.

03-Sep-17
"Immigration laws are the only laws that are discussed in terms of how to help people who break them. One of the big problems that those who are pushing “comprehensive immigration reform” want solved is how to help people who came here illegally and are now “living in the shadows” as a result.

What about embezzlers or burglars who are “living in the shadows” in fear that someone will discover their crimes? Why not “reform” the laws against embezzlement or burglary so that such people can also come out of the shadows?"....................Dr. Thomas Sowell

03-Sep-17
1. So which one of you will walk into a school and tell anninkocen child that although this country is all they know, they will go back to a foreign land even though the constitution gives them citizenship. So much for empathy, humane treatment and following the law. Huh?

A couple of thoughts on that statement. First, if I was king for the day, it's not the king's responsibility to tell the DACA folks they are going home. I'd tell the knuckleheads that created the mess to go tell them. They created it....they own it. Secondly, if the Constitution "gave" them citizenship, we would not be having this conversation. Prez Obama and his vote-seeking Lib buddies are the perps who created this mess.

2. And stop with the "they're costing us an arm and leg". There are more white trash Americans on welfare than immigrants. Further, they work and pay taxes and purchase items all helping the economy.

Can't argue about the "trash" aspect. "Trash knows no color, creed or gender. That said...who is giving the "trash" the welfare bennies? Many of the illegals live in an underground economy. One thing I would do is nail the financial institutions that do money transfers from illegals going outside of the country. Alot of US dollars leave the country and do no benefit for our economy. In fact they take away from our economy and are spent outside of the country. Something is wrong with that picture.

03-Sep-17
"One thing I would do is nail the financial institutions that do money transfers from illegals going outside of the country."

BZZZTT!!!

It's the government that decides if folks can transfer money to folks outside of the country. Your 'evil' financial institutions are simply abiding by current laws.

03-Sep-17
"If those immigrants refuse to abide by these simple responsibilities"..... ...would that be in the same vein that our political representatives should abide, the liars , thieves, bought and paid for whore masters who ride the the American public like a elephant on your sweat and tears? Government IS the problem on these self inflicted programs and in this particular case Congress sat on their hands and did what they do best NOTHING, when congressional approval was required to implement such a program. Now, miraculously, the people have a voice in the WH who may carry out this awakened obvious boulder in their shoe of which they were silent for years. Ironically that voice reverberates the loudest in the ear and without pause, from many who discounted, with laughter no less, this POTUS ascension to this position in the first place.

DACA should be abandoned but by Congress, who should fulfill their duties and take full responsibility for the outcome of their votes. This is a no win for the POTUS which will bleed into 2018 and beyond. Mark my words.

03-Sep-17
"It's the government that decides if folks can transfer money to folks outside of the country. Your 'evil' financial institutions are simply abiding by current laws."

How about if I was the king for the day I would change the law to go after the "evil" financial institutions.

03-Sep-17
Here's the problem. Given our economy, and this debt bomb sitting there at $20 trillion, making it illegal to send money out of the country will result in an immediate transfer of one hell of a lot of wealth out of the country before the new law would take effect. You have to look at the unintended consequences as well.

03-Sep-17
JL,

You are not king and in America we respect the rule of law as made by our federal, state and local governments. We don't 'go after' lawful businesses for following the laws.

03-Sep-17
NvaGvUp, don't take the king thing so literal. This isn't a new idea. It's been floated before but the will in Congress or Prez is not there....or hasn't been for the previous 8 years. It doesn't take a king...just the will.

03-Sep-17
"even though the constitution gives them citizenship..."

Your ignorance is stunning. The Constitution does no such thing

03-Sep-17
"Their are dreamers that literally don't speak Spanish"

Will if they want to dream in this country, we speak English. Learn it. Should me mandatory

03-Sep-17

03-Sep-17
BS!

First of all, those 'statistics' come from a radical Open Borders group, which is hardly an independent source.

Second, "63% get a better paying job.' Better than what? Besides, doesn't everyone get 'a better paying job' as they go through life?

Third, "54% bought their first car." LOL!! EVERYONE buys their first car at some point!

Fourth, "48% got a job with better working conditions." See point 2 and 3 above.

Finally, "12% bought their first home." LOLOLOL! I thought we were talking about CHILDREN here. Are you saying 12% of DACA CHILDEN bought homes? But even if we're talking about adults, 12% is a very, very, very low figure for home ownership!

Major FAIL!

03-Sep-17
LHCA what other country on the planet allows people to just cross their border ILLEGALLY who expect to become citizens?

03-Sep-17
Not Mexico!

They have a YUGE wall on their southern border!

03-Sep-17
Children are not responsible for their parents actions. You do not send a child to jail because his parents committed a crime. We have a bunch of kids brought into this country illegally by a real criminal, Barak Obama who knew this was an impossible situation but also knew it would dramatically increase the Democrat base in the future. The real criminal was the US Government. The judicial and the legislative did not countermand the illegal executive action so Trump is stuck with making a decision strictly on a legal basis or on a moral basis. Bad deal IMHO , Soooooooooooo, He should pass it to congress and make them ammend or change the law. Period. I do not want to be a part of and I doubt many of you want to be a part of sending children that were raise up by our government to be US citizens and even told by the POTUS to vote when he knew that is was another illegal act. Its not the kids fault. I am not a bleeding heart but I also am not seeing the sin on the part of the children. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Here is my plan to satisfy everyone. Have the kids register as illegals,. Give each of them a card with their number on it. Take them to the border ,. have them cross into Mexico and walk right back in. Turn in their card and be re regisered with a green card for a period of three years. Have them all take citizenship classes and swear allegiance to the flag and to the constitution of this country and then give them citizenship. That should satisfy everyone. But I'm sure it won't because it actually would work.

God bless, Steve

03-Sep-17
Nva, let me hold your hand be explain it to you. They get a better job than If they were in their native land. They buy their first car and homes, i.e. They are a contribution to our American economy. And you call yourself educated? Let me know if you need anymore explanations on the simple stuff ok?

03-Sep-17
You are a damned fool and a clueless one at that.

03-Sep-17
I wondered how long it would be before the false moral dilemmas and racism by insinuation charges would start rolling out.

When the facts don't support your position those are pretty much the only options you have left. I find it ironic that on another thread there's an argument made about abortion and how not liking it is irrelevant as that is the law, yet in this case it is the law that is irrelevant to those who don't like it's application when it's their ox getting gored.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

The fact that none of the emotionally-driven, factually absent crowd have yet to address is the simple reality that parents made a conscious choice to violate the law. Children who have since grown into adults have likewise continued the choice of lawlessness and they, and the every-ready left want, no, demand, unconditional absolution. Failure to grant same facilitates charges of racism, xenophobia, etc; baseless myths promulgated to steer the conversation away from a fact-centered argument (which they lose every time) to an emotion-driven argument. Don't play the game; facts first, last and always.

When I see a factually based, reasoned argument I'll be all ears; when I hear histrionics and baseless ad hominems I'm tone deaf.

03-Sep-17
I don't give a crap what language they speak. They were brought here ILLEGALLY by their PARENTS. The responsibility for this is on the parents, period. Yes, it's a bad deal for those kids but it's the fault of their parents. THEY chose to break the law, now they should have to live with the consequences. They are NOT special people entitled to rights that the rest of us don't have.

Seriously, how hard is this to grasp???

03-Sep-17
When the Obama administration launched DACA in 2012, it amounted to a social experiment: What would happen if you gave a portion of the overall population of undocumented immigrants fresh access to employment and other opportunities? What would happen? Immigrants who applied under the program — enrollment is not automatic — were at least temporarily shielded from deportations from the United States. They also got temporary Social Security numbers and two-year work permits. To qualify, they had to have arrived in the US before 2007, been 15 or younger in 2012, and either have a high-school degree or be enrolled in high school (or similar educational program). And they had to have employment and NO criminal record at all. The democrats want it, most republicans want it and a large majority of Americans want it. So if trump works for us, and has pledged to be a president for all, who is he doing this for? Answer: his base of 30% made up mostly of white supremacists. Prove me wrong and I'll retract but it's pretty clear based on the celebratory tweets from David duke and Richard spencer.

03-Sep-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
"Answer: his base of 30% made up mostly of white supremacists. Prove me wrong and I'll retract but it's pretty clear based on the celebratory tweets from David duke and Richard spencer"

This meme says it all.

03-Sep-17
They don't get it JTV, or they don't WANT to get it. You break the law, you pay the price. If that negatively affects your loved ones then YOU should have thought of that before you broke the law. I agree that we shouldn't separate families. We should send ALL of them back, and the sooner the better for everyone.

03-Sep-17
People brought to this country as kids and are dying to be citizens are a far greater asset to this nation than billionaires who don't want to pay taxes and hide their money overseas while taking advantage of immigrants. Agree?

03-Sep-17

03-Sep-17
Then let them do it the LEGAL way. If their parents had considered this then they wouldn't be in the situation they're in now would they? We either have laws that EVERYONE must follow or we should have none at all.

If I break into your home and set up in your basement can I stay as long as I REALLY REALLY want to be there? How can you NOT understand this????

And as far as the billionaires go, then CHANGE THE LAWS that permit them to do this. But unlike you, I don't resent someone who's made a lot of money and has managed to use the system to keep it. In fact I ENVY them. I wish I was that smart. Besides, I've never gotten a job from a poor person.

03-Sep-17
Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple

03-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link

03-Sep-17
I predict Trump will attempt to end DACA with a caveat, that being targeting and protecting children of certain age group. I seriously doubt that Trump will end this program wholesale. The POTUS would never survive this political blunder otherwise. Calmer and wiser heads will prevail as they should.

The Rock

03-Sep-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Separate families? You mean like this? Oh wait......that was during a Democrat administration, nevermind then. Pretend it didn't happen.

04-Sep-17

slade's Link
But you have to consider the source on this one.

Trump has decided to end DACA, with 6-month delay Senior White House aides met Sunday afternoon to discuss how to roll out the controversial move affecting hundreds of thousands of Dreamers.

04-Sep-17
Nerd, watch your language or you'll be "Nerd over Nothing".

Truth is, you're standing in a room where everyone is laughing...but you're such a delusional fool you don't even realize they are laughing at YOU.

As for Jesus, at the moment you're lost like Flight 19 in the fog..but, there will come a time when He wants to get your attention, and when He does you'll have no confusion over who's knocking on your conscience.

04-Sep-17
LHWanker: That's an odd thing to say to a black man.

BTW, you want to see the face of racism, bigotry and hatred in America? Then young feller you best go take good, long look in the mirror.

04-Sep-17
Ahh yes. Nerd is getting upset. Anger issues????? PRICELESS!!!!! 8^))))

04-Sep-17
How is that picture BS? Because it happened with a Dem in power so it doesn't count?

You are one piece of work. I guess that one struck a nerve. Reality's a b*tch, huh?

04-Sep-17
Jeff,

There's no shortage of anger; that tends to happen when one cannot summon facts to support a position. It's actually amusing to see the histrionics one usually encounters from a pre-teen denied an extra hour of TV time meted out in a manner that assumes it has relevance; they have no more relevance than a speck of sand on a beach has to a farmer in Kansas.

It's amusing to see them writhing in such angst.....

04-Sep-17
And they have at least 3 1/2 more years to deal with it! This should get better and better as we go along.

Gorsuch...Gorsuch...Gorsuch...Gorsuch...Gorsuch...Gorsuch..........!!!!!!!!!!

04-Sep-17
Lou,

If you think they're tightly wound now wait until the "moderate swing vote" Anthony Kennedy retires and another strict constructionist gets nominated. Since Shumer already primed the pump with his Quixotic challenge to Gorsuch the left will know there's not a darn thing they can do to stop the next nominee.......

04-Sep-17

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
The self-professed "Scientist", with no actual credentials...what a f***ing joke !

04-Sep-17
I propose a swap for every DACA kid that stays a liberal has to be deported.

04-Sep-17
Whitey, 2 liberals. Let's make America great again, 2 liberal departures at a time.

04-Sep-17
Nothing like addition by subtraction.......

04-Sep-17
Don't give an ounce of credence to trumps words. These daca kids are going nowhere. These kids are our neighbors, friends, co-workers. They are soldiers, engineers, nurses, police officers, EMT’s. They go to our churches. They go to our universities, over 600 + have been High School valedictorians. These “dreamers” have a higher level of advanced education than the American public on average. These kids were brought here by their parents. America is their home. In most cases, they have never set foot in their countries of origin. These kids, almost 800,000, came forward, registered and are non-criminals. Many are heroes. Many speak only English. Polls suggest over 80% of Americans want them naturalized and in America. Corporations, universities, medical centers, military leaders- have supported these kids. The anti-Hispanic, nativist sect of the Trump administration is powerful. If Trump threatens these kids in any way- via an executive order (even if it is to allow them to stay through work permits)- the states the majority of them are in will defy him. Illegal immigration is one thing- kids that have been in America since infants, in many cases, is another. Deporting them will be impossible but even the hint of such an immoral action will draw us together in numbers that will be deafening. These are decisions that define moral fortitude, American values and human decency.

04-Sep-17
Since several people here are opposed to requiring this to be a nation of laws, not of men, let's just go ahead and ignore the laws regarding homicide. After all, we abort babies so let's just abort post-birth, a form of retroactive abortion. And we can start with Atheist, since he's a big proponent of ignoring the law.

America has worked because it is a nation of laws, not men. When we ignore the rule of law, we are destined to become just one other banana republic. That pen and phone legacy of Obama was a very damaging thing.

04-Sep-17
So atheist. Why don't you take a couple or three into your house, and raise them, then?

04-Sep-17
Atheists moms basement is full.

04-Sep-17
Daca immigrants have homes , jobs, cars, communities and should be left alone. The govt promised them amnesty and the recipients of daca pay 500$ to renew their daca paperwork. So they don't need my home or yours.

04-Sep-17
"When we ignore the rule of law, we are destined to become just one other banana republic. That pen and phone legacy of Obama was a very damaging thing."

And platitudes notwithstanding that reality remains.

04-Sep-17
atheist. I didn't ask you that question. Nice try to divert the question. I asked, why don't you take a few into your house, after all, according to you, they are harmless. Now, can you answer with the truth? This ought to be good.

04-Sep-17
atheist: If I break into your home and steal your TV, can I keep it without any punishment if it's more than a certain amount of time before I get caught? How about emptying your bank account? That OK too?

04-Sep-17
Just what i thought, atheist. You are the big debater. What a PHONY! 8^))))

04-Sep-17

No room in the basement...

04-Sep-17
WW, that's a strawman argument . Those daca kids were given amnesty in exchange for several requisites that they must fulfill otherwise they get deported. The 800,000 fulfilled their requirements and they're most likely only English speaking, have never stepped foot outside od the US and you equate them with someone stealing a tv or bank account? Take your meds man.

04-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link
Actually the straw man argument is that the "dreamers" have any right to be here; they do not.

In that context the analogy Wood Walker made was appropriate; when laws can be ignored we are no longer a nation of laws. Anyone who would advocate illegal actions would have no argument to make about simple theft from their home; sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.

Of course to enablers like you what's a minor thing like immigration laws?

04-Sep-17
"Tip - refering to an African American as a pimp is racist."

As long as it doesn't fit the liberal narrative, anything a white person says will be considered racist, by the largest group of racist and intolerant bigots this side of hell.

Tip - no one gives a sh!t what you think.

04-Sep-17
WOW! You guys don't call POTUS Trump, President Trump. So what is your reason??? More racist cards. Normal Dem mindset. It's all you guys have. 8^)))

04-Sep-17
In case you can't figure out who my post was meant for, it would be you lefty, and atheist. The ones that are spewing BS.

04-Sep-17
Of course it's a well-know fact that there are no white pimps, hispanic pimps or asian pimps, etc, just black ones. Right......

The real racist is the one who sees it everywhere and attempts to salve his white guilt by foisting the label on others; sorry, shovel that swill elsewhere.

And Bowbender summed it up perfectly; no one here gives a rip what you think.

04-Sep-17
i dont care what you call trump, as long as you realize you gonna be callin him that for 7++ more years, suckazz

04-Sep-17
Hmmm. I don't see anything that Trax has said, that isn't true. Good post Trax.

04-Sep-17
Lefty: We really don't give a crap what you think.

04-Sep-17
Amnesty is rewarding someone for breaking the law, period. If the kids want to be mad at anyone it should be their parents. If I rob a bank and I have young kids should I not go to jail because it'll negatively affect them? That's what being an adult means, or SHOULD mean, taking responsibility for your actions. They made a bad choice and now their kids will have to suffer for it, just like mine would if I purposely broke the law. THAT is reality.

05-Sep-17
Gentle giant: I have a question for you. Let's say we do what you want and give these people amnesty. Do you really think this will be the end of people breaking the law to get here? That after this everyone in Washington and across the border will say, "Well we fixed that flaw. Now we won't ever make that error again."

The politicians will say, "Now we will actually enforce the immigration laws we do have, get rid of sanctuary cities and NOT let this get out of hand like it did after the 1986 Immigration Amnesty law that Reagan got passed and we then ignored". And the people south of the border will say, "Well this ends our entering the country illegally. Yes, they did reward us for ignoring their laws and coming here because we knew they'd do nothing about it but now that's changed and we won't do it anymore because it's illegal even though we did the exact opposite for 31 years."

Or are you of the mind that we should have open borders and let anyone come and stay, because doing anything OTHER than ending DACA, sanctuary cites, etc, is doing exactly that.

05-Sep-17
Bingo. DACA was an done in blatant disregard for Congress' plenary authority to craft immigration laws. If you want DACA to continue, have Congress make it a creature of statute. Otherwise, DACA goes. And if yo u don't like the outcome, blame it on Obama.

It's like this. You steal your neighbor's dog and keep it for a year. Your kids become attached to the dog. The owner finally finds the dog, and takes it back. Whose fault is it that the kids are unhappy? The thief or the guy who took his dog back? Answer: the thief took the dog without legal authority to do so. Likewise, every negative consequence of this unconstitutional act is Obama's, and should not be laid on Trump's doorstep.

Unless, of course, you're blinded by Trump derangement syndrome.

05-Sep-17
"Tip - refering to an African American as a pimp is racist."

How so? Because only blacks are pimps? There are no white pimps?

That line of thought, good sir, is what is racist.

05-Sep-17
Hillary's Quote: "we are a nation of laws"!

Children born here are US Citizens even if their parents aren't. Breaking laws has repercussions. A sole provider of a family can break a law in some states such as having personal Marijuana in an amount that could cause him to go to prison. His whole family could end up homeless and lives ruined. It happens. Don't preach about poor illegal aliens being victimized.. ILLEGAL, contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

05-Sep-17
Jeff Sessions said today that DACA is dead as it was an unconstitutional usurpation of power by the executive branch when the Constitution clearly gives the power for such policy to the legislative branch and the legislative branch alone.

Scroll to the :46 mark to skip the unintelligible chat that precedes Sessions' remarks.

05-Sep-17

Solo @ the Coast's Link
Another courageous move by Trump. I really have to compliment our President for holding true to the many tough decisions he has faced since taking this office. He's made the correct decision every time so far, despite all of the adversity.

We all know Trump doesn't want to see these young people get booted from the only country they ever knew (in most cases). But this is out of his hands. Thanks a LOT Obama....

When Obama failed to obey the constitution by making this an executive order, Obama himself stated 22 TIMES that he cannot make DACA a permanent law, so he made, what he called, "a stop-gap measure". And he stated that Congress will need to act further if this is to become a law.

So Trump has put this issue in the hands of Congress, so they have a chance to actually do their job again. I won't be shocked if they balk again on this issue too.....

Leftists predictably refuse to acknowledge these key facts, and in many cases, they do that intentionally just to whip up a frenzy based entirely upon lies. What Bernie Sanders said...yelled today was one example of this patented outright leftist LIE.

Again... Way to go President Donald J Trump!!!

05-Sep-17
To be clear, the decision to abandon the DACA program is a political decision — not a legal one. Trump is a coward to and out sessions to explain his move. In fact, the U.S. government has repeatedly — and successfully — defended DACA against constitutional challenges and every legal challenge to the DACA program has failed.

A new letter to the president by 105 law professors makes clear that the DACA program is lawful and constitutional. DACA is a form of temporary protection from deportation known as “deferred action.” Deferred action is one way in which the executive branch historically has exercised discretion over whom should and shouldn’t be deported from the United States. DACA specifically grants people who came to the United States as children, pass a criminal background check, and meet educational and other criteria permission to live and work in the country on a two-year, renewable basis. It's within the discretion of the executive branch. Therefore obama was not acting outside of his powers.

05-Sep-17
atheist,

Hillary LOST!

Get over it.

As your hero Obama said, "Elections have consequences."

05-Sep-17
Hey, slow-witted one. Laws in the USA are made exclusively by the L E G I S L A T O R S.

That means C O N G R E S S.

Obama couldn't make laws. That's why he stated 22 TIMES THAT HE CAN'T MAKE DACA A LAW.

Wake up to reality.....

05-Sep-17

Bowbender's Link
Atheist,

Normally when you use another's work, quotes are regarded as is attribution. Even though you plagiarized another POS, it's still plagiarism. I realize how hard it is to sound intelligent, being liberal and all. But at least try to hide it.

05-Sep-17
105 law professors?

Only 105?

ROTFLMAO!!

I could find several thousand who would agree DACA went way beyond the authority of the executive branch and is unconstitutional.

Are you familiar with The Constitution?

I suspect not, so see the link. https://usconstitution.net/const.txt

Try going back to telling us Jefferson was a Republican even though he died 28 years before the Republican Party was founded. LOL

You have zero credibility here.

ZERO!

05-Sep-17
Anti federalists are today's republicans. Agree? Jefferson was an anti federalist. So arguing semantics doesn't change the gist.

05-Sep-17
So, riddle me this. obama stays within the confines of the law with DACA, but Trump doesn't with his temporary restraining of travel for CERTAIN terrorist countries? Even when those countries "present a clear and present danger to the security of a free state"?

Think those attorneys need to get their tuition money back from the Cracker Jacks School of Law...

05-Sep-17
Trump making PHONY atheist, cry us a river. PRICELESS!

05-Sep-17
Wow!

Talk about avoiding the question!

Atheist wins the prize for that!

05-Sep-17
Obama created his "legacy" built upon executive order and not legislation. It was building a sand castle on the edge of the ocean...the tide comes in and washes it away.

Perhaps this highly touted Constitutional scholar might have understood that laws are created by the Legislature and not a magic pen...

05-Sep-17
But when you live in a fairy tale world, nothing can touch your castle by the sea.

Until reality sets in...

05-Sep-17
So much for having rudimentary education.

05-Sep-17
Most DACA participants are not even children. The program allows people to enter that from age 15 to 32. The program was a smoke screen to let in more and allow them immediate welfare benefits. The majority should not have even been allowed entry.

05-Sep-17
So for those in favor of keeping DACA, then how long do you have to hide out and not be caught before you are rewarded for it? 5 years? 8? 10? 20? 6 months? 6 hours? At what point does the law cease to be violated by certain people but not others who are all doing the exact same thing?

05-Sep-17
To everyone responding with, "They are illegal, they broke the law" or something akin to that, keep in mind that illegal immigration is a civil crime, NOT a criminal case. Unlawful presence is a misdemeanor in the United States, about the same level as a speeding ticket according to the courts. Their "crimes", according to the law of the land that you are superficially fighting for, do not make them any more a criminal than you are for that last parking ticket you got. Do not hide behind, "They broke the law!" when you cannot be bothered to know or research actual laws, facts, statistics, or data. It comes across as an obvious, thinly veiled excuse to feel hate towards people you don't understand. Just say you don't want brown people living here and be done with it!

05-Sep-17
Are you naturally an ignorant a-hole or do you work at it? Because your last statement is about the the most asinine thing I've ever read on here (except for fleeglee's posts.....NOTHING can top them).

05-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link
In addition to the crystal clarity of the link there's this from:

https://www.quora.com/Is-illegal-immigration-a-violation-of-civil-or-criminal-law

In the United States, illegal immigration is a violation of criminal and administrative law, but not civil law.

Criminal vs Civil vs Administrative law

People that enter the United States without being inspected by an immigration officer at a port of entry can be criminally charged with 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien. Also under 8 U.S.C. § 1182, they are considered inadmissible under administrative law and can be processed for Removal from the United States.

I guess some people got less than a "rudimentary education"........

05-Sep-17
Truth on display: "I guess some people got less than a "rudimentary education"........ "

14 THINGS THE MSM WON’T TELL YOU ABOUT DACA

05-Sep-17
Atheist.... "Unlawful presence is a misdemeanor in the United States, about the same level as a speeding ticket according to the courts"...

WRONG... A misdemeanor is a CRIME in the United States. This equates to a duii...which you do some jail time for automatically, and suffer upwards of $20,000 of loss for in various forms.

A speeding ticket is a VIOLATION, of which the penalty is a simple citation, and requires NO court appearance. (Unless you are so stupid that you can't get enough of them)....

But I spose all dats well over yo hed, too.....

05-Sep-17

05-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link

05-Sep-17
Also rudimentary education tells you the repealing DACA is not racist. Most if not all illegals in the DACA program are Caucasian. People from Mexico for example that are not black or Asian are all Caucasian. Mexico is a country not a race. While we are at it being Jewish is a religion not a race. All Jews that are not Asian or Black are Caucasian.

05-Sep-17
"Just say you don't want brown people living here and be done with it!"

Douschebag!!...you just got your ass handed to you!! Now go away...and take it with you!

06-Sep-17
Advise to all you bleeding hearts. The USA can not save the whole world. But if you are so set on saving them then you take them into your house and save the rest of us the bother and worry.

07-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link

08-Sep-17
If I'm reading the latest from Trump..... he does NOT want to do away with it. He wants Congress to codify it and make it law. If they do not (6 months I think he gives them) he will do exactly what Obama did and make it "law" by EO.

Is that not what is going on right now..... as it stands? Trump WANTS the DACA and wants it made into law..... not to remove it?

Which is it? What are the facts?

08-Sep-17
Although I vehemently disagree with obama, he did state he could not codify immigration and that it would be up to Congress to take the next step. Apparently Congress did and has not, and now they don't like the fact the Trump is making them...

08-Sep-17
But that would mean that they'd have to STAND for something!!! And they damn sure won't do that.

08-Sep-17
The message I'm getting from Trump is he supports it..... not to get rid of it.

What does TRUMP want to happen? Eliminate or made it law?

08-Sep-17
I think Trump wants to tie up a loose end and make Congress "man up" for once.

08-Sep-17

08-Sep-17
I think he's opting out..... of any responsibility. He did the same with Obamacare. Almost exactly. I don't think he gives 2 chits about either. He's ducking some tough issues. They just aren't much.... fun....

A while ago he sounded like he wanted to deport. Then he took some heat for tweeting that and has switched what he wants so see happen, he now (or his latest tweet) wants DACA and have it made into law. His leadership in a good many important issues is either lacking or all over the place.

Yes congress needs to act. So does Trump. He has the box to speak from. Instead he tweets all over the map. And everybody is ok with that? Where does HE stand?

What do YOU want him to do...... what was it you thought he promised to do?

09-Sep-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17

10-Sep-17
Wow...the most intelligent three posts of his misspent life.

11-Sep-17
"President Trump isn't as pro-life as he says he is if he doesn't protect young immigrants from deportation," Pope Francis said on Monday.

Compare Deportation to Abortion? That really helps...Moron.

11-Sep-17
An immigrant follows the law...

The others do not.

15-Sep-17
"by Jim Geraghty September 14, 2017 9:46 AM

Then-candidate Donald Trump, speaking in Arizona, September 1, 2016: “NO AMNESTY! For those here today illegally who are seeking legal status, they will have one route and only one route: to return home and apply for re-entry under the rules of the new legal immigration system.”

Last night, after dining with the president, Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer and House minority leader Nancy Pelosi issued a statement declaring, “We had a very productive meeting at the White House with the President. The discussion focused on DACA. We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that’s acceptable to both sides.” President Trump, in a series of Tweets this morning: “No deal was made last night on DACA. Massive border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. Would be subject to vote. The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built. Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!…..”

Er, yes, Mr. President, that is what is generally what “no amnesty” means. President Trump concluded, “ . . . They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own — brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security.”

Ann Coulter reacts this morning: “At this point, who DOESN’T want Trump impeached?” That’s the author of In Trump We Trust. Now she tells us!

Congressman Steve King of Iowa, another big Trump supporter in 2016, reacts this morning: “Unbelievable! Amnesty is a pardon for immigration law breakers coupled with the reward of the objective of their crime. If AP is correct, Trump base is blown up, destroyed, irreparable, and disillusioned beyond repair. No promise is credible.”

Breitbart.com goes with the headline: “AMNESTY DON . . . DEMS DECLARE VICTORY AS TRUMP CAVES ON DACA”

How bad is it? Bad enough to shake the faith of Sean Hannity! Hannity: “If POTUS doesn’t keep that promise [for a wall], and goes for amnesty, it will be the political equivalent of ‘read my lips, no new taxes.’”

In fact, when you look at President Trump’s biggest fans from the 2016 campaign, a recurring pattern emerges — even before reports of last night’s deal. Julius Krein, founder and editor of American Affairs: “I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president. Not only has the president failed to make the course corrections necessary to save his administration, but his increasingly appalling conduct will continue to repel anyone who might once have been inclined to work with him.”

Mike Cernovich: “I don’t want anyone to think of me as a pro-Trump guy. I’m going to specifically reject any kind of branding about pro-Trump or whatever . . . Do you gain anything by risking your reputation, your career, your business, supporting Trump? What is the upside? Backing Trump has been bad for business.”

Stephen Bannon, upon his departure from the White House: “The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over. We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else.”

Caitlyn Jenner: “I apologize to all of the trans community. I made a mistake. I will never do it again and I’m getting rid of the [Make America Great Again] hat.”

Gee, if only someone had been around in 2015 and 2016, to warn these poor folks that Trump had no ideological principles; that he was erratic, mercurial and quick to seek out scapegoats; that he had almost no knowledge about how the federal government worked and little interest in learning; that he was temperamentally ill-suited to the daily pressures of the presidency and the inevitable criticism from the press, and that he was more focused on gratifying his own ego and feeling an abstract sense of “winning” than particular policy outcomes or building broad coalitions to enact his agenda . . . I kid, of course. All of these people were warned, time and again, with mountains of history and supporting evidence about Trump’s true nature and instincts. But these folks were completely convinced that they knew better."

15-Sep-17
Unfortunately, the country was at the point at the last election where ABC (Anybody But Clinton) was the only realistic option. 2016 was a suicide prevention election...not a cure.

We can no longer consider draining the swamp, but pump out the cesspool.

15-Sep-17
That article is premature and very speculative. Nothing has been done on DACA except to end the program with a 6 month stay. What we are seeing is simply a political battle. Trump is attempting to stop the establishment Republicans from destroying his agenda. He is leveraging the democrats in doing so. brietbart is hedging to keep the pressure on the White House to keep its promises. what has been the difference between the republicans and the democrats the last 10 years? The only way to drain the swamp is to keep electing that want it drained regardless of the personal flaws.

16-Sep-17

HA/KS's Link
"Former Democrat President Jimmy Carter jumped to President Donald Trump’s defense Wednesday, praising the New Yorker for not doing away with President Obama’s DACA immigration policy in one shot"

16-Sep-17
Don't know about y'all, but I don't put any weight on what comes out of Jimmy Carter, Schumer or Pelosi's mouths. Not a microgram.

In fact, chances are that whatever these idiots say, expect the opposite to be true.

It's early. I'm going to let this play out. In the meantime, I doubt Trump will ignore the input coming from the conservative base on this difficult and highly controversial political topic.

19-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link
A Wall can’t be repealed

There is one simple reason why both Democrats and Republicans in Congress do not want the Wall built.

And it isn’t because of the cost.

Despite what the lying little creep Kamala Harris might claim.

"Funding Trump’s unrealistic border wall would be a gross misuse of government funds."

No.

The reason they do not want the Wall is because a Wall can’t be repealed.

As I’ve said before, members of Congress know they have a 95% chance of being reelected. And that means they are 95% certain they will still be in Congress long after President Trump leaves office.

So they are advancing so-called “border security” measures instead of the Wall.

Why?

Because any nebulous “border security” laws can be easily gotten rid of or ignored once Donald Trump leaves office.

But a Wall can’t be repealed.

Unlike the nebulous “border security” they might pass which are about as firm as wet concrete, the Wall is actually quite literally set in stone.

And the last thing both Democrats and Republicans in Congress want is for any Trump policy to outlast them.

We expect that from Democrats.

But we’re getting it from both parties.

See, this is the thing about the Republicans that grates my cheese.

When Obama was President, the Democrats were 100% behind him.

So whenever there were calls to repeal any part of his agenda, their go-to response was to shriek, “We can’t go back! We can’t undo the progress we’ve made!”

But Republicans in Congress are not 100% behind Donald Trump.

And I guarantee you, once the President is out of office, and Democrats advance a repeal of “border security” measures, the Republicans won’t be shrieking, “We can’t go back!!”

Trust me. The Republicans – just like the Democrats — want President Trump’s agenda to be easily erased once he’s left office.

For Congressional Republicans, the MAGA Movement is an aberration – some temporary insanity that has infected voters.

And they are certain that they can ride it out and outlast it.

They want this MAGA Movement to be temporary.

And a Wall is anything but temporary.

This is why I think building the Wall is the single most important thing Donald Trump can do while in office.

And it has to be the one thing that we do not let him waver on.

Constructing the Wall is central to restoring the sovereignty and national identity of the United States of America.

And it will have a lasting effect.

We must fight tooth and nail to see to it the Wall gets built.

But more importantly, we must do everything we can to ensure that people who support the MAGA movement are elected to Congress.

Because at the end of the day, this movement is much bigger than Donald Trump.

It has to be.

At the most, President Trump will only be in office for eight years.

We simply cannot pin our entire movement on him.

The current Congressional Republicans will wait him out knowing they will outlast him.

And, trust me, they can’t wait to undo everything they possibly can.

The only sure way to stop that is to replace them.

This is why it irritates the crap out of me that President Trump is campaigning for Luther Strange instead of Roy Moore.

If I’m right and he’s doing this in exchange for some concession from Mitch McConnell, it is a short-term solution that doesn’t take into account the long-term MAGA agenda.

If you live in Alabama, honey, vote for Roy Moore.

We have to be thinking in the long-term.

And just like the Wall, we need to be set in stone in our pursuit to Make America Great Again.

We can’t let up.

And we cannot settle for compromise.

As I keep saying, we are the Last Surprise.

It was Donald Trump’s Make America Great Again agenda that got him elected. And the cornerstone of this agenda is the Wall.

It is up to us to make it abundantly clear to Congress – and to this President – that when it comes to MAGA, we will outlast them all.

• Sitka Gear