Shuteye 10-Sep-17
HA/KS 10-Sep-17
slade 11-Sep-17
TD 11-Sep-17
Thumper 11-Sep-17
Thumper 11-Sep-17
Annony Mouse 11-Sep-17
31-Aug-17
Hurricane Irma is predicted to be a catagory 4 possibly 5. As of yet there are several paths it is projected to take. Could hit Florida and South Carolina or the gulf coast or south. So basically they don't know anything other than it's headed west and going to pack a punch.

31-Aug-17
jtv, you're wrong.....just ask the cannabis twins or freeweed, it's allll trumpppps fault! ok, a little bit still bush's fault, but mostly the new guy n stuff

31-Aug-17
no model has that system hitting North America as of today.

01-Sep-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

01-Sep-17

01-Sep-17
There is usually a lot of uncertainty in models out past a week. Potential CONUS landfall at the current/projected speeds would not be within a week's time frame from now, so it may or may not make mainland landfall anywhere. The prediction accuracy of the exact timing/location of pressure gradients that might steer the storm is still fairly low.

08-Sep-17

08-Sep-17
100% chance it will hit Florida, the whole state. The predictions I have been watching have been very accurate. The European model and USA models agree almost perfectly.

08-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

09-Sep-17
Good luck to you folks. I hope you are not reading this in you Key West homes.

09-Sep-17
Finally the dreaded "Hockey stick" makes a come back in the modeling world.

09-Sep-17
I see where one guy was on a ladder, putting something over his widows when he fell to his death.

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17
Here in MI, I am already experiencing the effects of Irma.

Daughter Jillie rolled in with her 3 kids and a new puppy. The two youngest are the equivalent of puppies...especially having endured a 3 day trip from FL. Add to the mix,our new addition (I surprised my wife with a Fox Red lab puppy while in WY, we are experiencing hurricane like activity with two puppies chasing kids and two cats around and around and up and down in our once quiet home. Glad they are safe.

OTOH, looks like my sister will be loosing everything. She's safe in AL now, but Irma looks to be making a direct hit on Fort Myers.

Itshot is prepped and planning on staying in place. Irma has moved closer to his home. Prayers that he and family remain safe and make it through the next couple of days.

Prayers to our friends and relatives from FL...the state will not be the same after this storm passes.

09-Sep-17
AM, tough times and a full house . Yep, these are the good old days .

In time they will remember the man you are today. The example of calm ,safety and strength ,in the storm that shakes the lesser man to panic. Lead and keep the faith. Best wishes . - Pi

10-Sep-17
Mouse, you are lucky, I just love kids and puppies. Believe it or not Universal Studios, in Orlando, was open yesterday. My oldest son has climbing walls in Universal so he had to go in and get everything ready for the storm. Lex Jr was way out West playing music with Lee Ann Womack and my Daughter Joyce is busy worrying about her brother in Florida. She invited me over last night to have some blue claw crabs. My friend April, the animal trainer, made it back to Orlando and is getting her animals in safe locations. She and my son have the climbing walls so they are busy as beavers right now.

10-Sep-17
AM. Glad they are safe, and made the right decision to get out.

10-Sep-17
"She invited me over last night to have some blue claw crabs".

That sure makes the worrying part go a lot easier! YUM!

10-Sep-17
My sister in hunkered down in Homestead. Thank goodness, it is going west of them.

It looks like Tamps is where in will make landfall, at least for now anyhow.

10-Sep-17
Jillie has been watching live feeds from her home area and Irma has yet to arrive...70-100 mph winds.

Florida will be a very different state when this storm has passed.

Continued prayers...

10-Sep-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
My friend April, in Orlando, has some of her animals ready for the storm. That's Duke the Bush Bean dog on the right with his hard hat.

10-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
You are ordered to evacuate. Take what is most important with you.

This photo was taken in Florida by a guy I went to high school with.

11-Sep-17
My sisters place was left standing intact and no major damage to the trees or yard.

11-Sep-17
That'll keep the tailgaters away.....

11-Sep-17
There's going to be flooding and damage but FL will not suffer state wide devastation and flooding from Irma. Current maximum sustained winds are 75mph. Tornados are still going to wreak havoc across the state so they're not out of the woods yet. With that said, I think FL dodged the fatal bullet only due to the path Irma was forced to take by the steering currents. Pure luck, and prayers answered!

But, NHC has Jose dancing around in circles until late next week then heading strait west for FL. This rodeo is not over by a long shot, its just getting started.

11-Sep-17

11-Sep-17

• Sitka Gear