Woods Walker 07-Sep-17
Bluetick 07-Sep-17
Spike Bull 07-Sep-17
Shuteye 07-Sep-17
Pete In Fairbanks 07-Sep-17
Shiloh 07-Sep-17
Mint 07-Sep-17
My old rubber boots are coming apart.

What do you look for in a good uninsulated rubber boot?

Is there such a thing as a breathable rubber type boot?

What brand/model would you recommend?

I go to my local farm supply store and get industrial grade rubber boots. I use for irrigation. For ocean fishing, I have some yellow Sperry Topsiders. The uppers easily fold over when it's hot. I wear thick socks.

Tractor Supply is where I buy my boots. Good prices and good boots. The exact same boot was $20 cheaper than Cabelas the last time I bought a pair.

^^^^what Lex recommended^^^^

1. rubber cannot be 'breathable'. 2. Tractor Supply and Bass Pro Shops are good sources. 3. Pricier but worth it, Xtratuf rubber boots. 4. I have an old pair of Hunter green wellies which I bought when they were actually cheap. At least 15 years old and still good. But when they wear out I'll probably replace them with Xtratufs.

Gotta have both insulated and uninsulated.

I have been using Muck boots for years and Tractor Supply has them and many others.

Bluetick got it right!

Xtra Tuffs, a red-brown colored mid-calf boot, are the "tennis shoes" of coastal Alaska. I have even hunted Dall sheep in them and lived to tell about it! The uninsulated version now goes for around $100 a pair here in AK.

Lacrosse Grange

With the ticks being so bad on Long island that's all I hunt with until the weather turns cold, then it's 800 gram insulated boots. I've been using lacrosse for years and they work pretty good.

• Sitka Gear