Woods Walker 10-Sep-17
slade 10-Sep-17
bad karma 10-Sep-17
Rhody 10-Sep-17
bad karma 10-Sep-17
Shuteye 10-Sep-17
10-Sep-17

Woods Walker's Link
This is a variety of sweet corn we've had here in Illinois for the past few years and a as a sweet corn lover I must say this is about the best variety I've ever had. It's right at its' prime here now so we eat it several times a week. If it were up to me I'd eat nothing BUT it and home grown tomatoes until they're done for the year. Anyone else ever eat this?

10-Sep-17
Growing up in rural northen CA, fresh sweet corn was one of my favorites, you can find it here in the NW, just not 12 ears for a dollar.

How much to ship a bushel to WA state fed ex?

10-Sep-17
Out here it's Olathe sweet corn, and it's a delight. Ever done cooler corn? Lazy man's way to cook a bunch of corn. Put corn in ice chest, pour boiling water over it, close ice chest, drink beer for half an hour. Corn is ready. Finish with a chile lime butter.

To make chile lime butter, use one stick at room temp, mix with 2 teaspoons of your favorite chile powder and the zest of one lime. Let stand for a half hour before using, so make in advance.

10-Sep-17
"Olathe sweet corn"... Hey BK, my family settled the western slope back in the day when mining,RR's and horses were the only form of travel. I usually go back to Montrose for family reunion in July. Then camp up on the Cimarron on my cousins property. Elk country.... and Olathe sweet corn is on the menu.

10-Sep-17
Beautiful part of the world, Rhody. Hard to beat. Love Montrose, and tried to find work there a few years ago.

10-Sep-17
All I plant is Silver Queen and it is great. Nice long ears and I still have a few ears in the refrigerator. I just tilled under the stalks. I normally have two planting and the last come on in late October. Only did one planting this year. Next year I will plant Silver Queen but also another variety. I want something shorter since Silver Queen will hit eight feet high in my garden and a hard thunderstorm will knock down some of the stalks.

• Sitka Gear