gflight 18-Sep-17
Irishman 18-Sep-17
HA/KS 18-Sep-17
Grey Ghost 19-Sep-17
gflight 19-Sep-17
11-Sep-17

Woods Walker's Link
DALLAS, Sept 10 (Reuters) -...........

"A gunman killed seven people at a home in a Dallas suburb on Sunday evening before being shot dead by police called to the scene, authorities said.

The shooting took place in Plano, a suburb north of Dallas.

David Tilley, a spokesman for the Plano Police Department, said the shooter was killed by the first responding officer after an exchange of gunfire. The officer was not injured."

Well so far there's no report of the race of these people, so it's obviously a black man that did it. NOT because he's black, but by the fact that the media hasn't reported it. You can bet all you own and will ever own that if it were a WHITE guy, that would have been in the opening paragraph, especially if the victims were black. These victims were most likely black also, but because it's a black shooter then mum's the word.

The state of journalism has sunk SO low that this kind of crap is now predictable. Sad.

11-Sep-17
Plano Police will give a statement at 2 pm TX time according to local news. No names have been released. Real bad situation.

11-Sep-17
Tragic. Looks like a domestic issue gone bad.

11-Sep-17
Tragic indeed.

12-Sep-17
What's tragic is your initial post.

12-Sep-17
Looks like you're as wrong as WW, Spike. Rather than searching for conspiracies, try searching for facts.

12-Sep-17
Well in this case I was wrong, obviously. But the majority of the time if the shooter/killer is white then that fact will be one of the first things they report. In this case they actually waited until all the facts were in. Hey, I know why......it was in TEXAS!!! They may actually have real journalists in the Lone Star State! (As well as a GREAT beer of the same name....)

12-Sep-17
Dude wasn't black or white or anything else, he was just crazy!

12-Sep-17
Pardon me Kevin, but in this case I call bullsh*t. I checked this story at least twice before I first posted it, and then checked it several times yesterday with NO mention whatsoever of who the people involved were. YOU obviously did not because if you had you wouldn't have made the above statement. And it doesn't matter to me what color the killer was, a murderer is a murderer. I was pointing out the bias of the MEDIA.

I applaud the media in Texas because they did this the correct way...waiting for all the facts before they report... which is NOT how the national media does it anymore.

12-Sep-17
There was no mention of who the people involved were because the police weren't releasing that information, not because the media wasn't reporting it.

"I was pointing out the bias of the MEDIA." No...what you were pointing out was your own bias.

12-Sep-17
That's you opinion. I know what my bias' are. You don't. You may THINK you do, but you don't.

And really, you deny that the media glosses over the race/religion of perps when they're a minority? Do you live in a bubble? If there's an incident and the perp is white/conservative/republican that LEADS the story right after the incident itself.

And you deny that the media has no bias??? Really?

12-Sep-17
I don't deny media bias, but I also don't make absurd statements like..."You can bet all you own and will ever own that if it were a WHITE guy, that would have been in the opening paragraph, especially if the victims were black. These victims were most likely black also, but because it's a black shooter then mum's the word."

BTW, did you make that bet???? If so, must suck to say you're never going to own another possession the rest of your life.

12-Sep-17
Woods Walker, I understood your point , in context , as you intended it. You can't say things perfectly enough any more because the nit pickers are all inflamed.

A simple question to you would have cleared it up for the confused but they rather make it more and assault the obvious message. You are commended for your accepting the bet this time didn't turn out to be the norm . Good man .

For the argumentative folks , PPLLLLTTTHHHHHHHHHH .

12-Sep-17
Call me cynical, but my first thought was the same as WW about the media.

I did some searching first and found the reason they didn't announce race because it wasn't white on black or white-Hispanic on black. If its black on white, white on white, or black on black its not important.

It has to incite the narrative and get "hits" to report race. Just white folk so it don't matter y'all.....

12-Sep-17
Great job by the first officer on the scene. Have the authorities release any info the shooters history with firearms? I hate to say it but it appears he must have been pretty efficient to take out most of the group. Gene

12-Sep-17
Plano is a fairly upscale suburb north of Dallas. Violent crime can happen anywhere in any town by any race.

14-Sep-17
Update?

14-Sep-17
OJ did it.

14-Sep-17
..with help from the Russians...and Trump.

18-Sep-17
So he was a Soccer fan?

18-Sep-17
Grab 10 random articles that mention race specifically and you can statistically prove they don't mention race when it is white-on-white, black-on-white, or black-on-black.

18-Sep-17

18-Sep-17
And as always, the Irish have no opinion on the topic. :-)

19-Sep-17
Sounds like the shooter was just a all American, gun loving, drunk with a broken heart. I bet he was even a Trump supporter.

Tragic.

Matt

19-Sep-17
freeglee told me he did it because when Klinton lost, his wife divorced him....

• Sitka Gear