Anony Mouse 13-Sep-17
MT in MO 13-Sep-17
Rocky 13-Sep-17
Woods Walker 13-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 14-Sep-17
DL 14-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 19-Sep-17
12-Sep-17
I can sum it up in two words.........DO SOMETHING!!!!

12-Sep-17
Spike,

The timing of this couldn't be better; forget the past 8 1/2 months, the election of Donald Trump should have been the wake-up call of all time that "business as usual" would no longer be tolerated.

Forget the liberal hand-wringing and prepubescent histrionics, the people of this country spoke very loudly and with crystal clarity that they wanted the monster of DC dismembered, burned and it's ashes scattered to the winds. They wanted a sea of change and they want it NOW.

7 years of promises must become promises kept or the door will swing to "EXIT" for a lot of Republicans not on board with the changes expected.

Wake up or they'll be a lot of "YOU'RE FIRED!!" votes in Nov 2018.

12-Sep-17
That's right Lou. When I was supervising mechanics in a fleet shop I was known for saying that. Do something even if it's wrong. It used to drive me nuts watching a group of men trying to diagnose a problem by standing around talking. It took only a few times and they finally got the idea. 7 guys and many opinions. I would say that and the first thing someone would say, What if it's wrong? My reply was at least you've eliminated one option. Many times as they started work the real answer would become evident. Years latter I talked to one of the men that took my place when I moved told me it had been still used and referred to as the "Dave York" option.

Yesterday I watched the history channel on the road to 9/11.. Washington was so wound up with the Bill and Monica issue that they passed on 9 attempts to kill Ben Laden. 9 times the CIA had 100% accurate proof where he was and did not receive any feedback on what to do. Congress is so wrapped up in conspiracy theory's that nothing is getting done. The do nothing congress. On the other hand when they aren't doing anything they aren't creating ways to screw the citizens.

12-Sep-17
they reason they do nothing is because they are all holding a gun to each others head in a giant Mexican standoff. Nothing big has ever been done legislatively without compromise and that's is like a lost art these days. nobody apparently knows the art of the deal anymore (not even the president)......it's all about a little old fashioned bargaining and you give on the stuff you don't care about and take on the stuff you do.

12-Sep-17
They could improve things immensely by just repealing Obamacare. That would make the base happy, and help the economy significantly.

12-Sep-17
They are screwed up in their priorities. They all play the Party Before Country game. They have brainwashed themselves into thinking the party is more important than the country.

I think if we put the senate back under the State's control by repealing the 17th amendment it would be the first step in the people taking back control of the gov't.

12-Sep-17
So, tell me how you'll get the 17th amendment repealed. You're talking a long time to amend the constitution. This is like saying I could be a concert pianist if I just hit the right keys at the right time.

12-Sep-17
Well, you tell me how you are going to elect 100 senators that represent their states instead of their own personal interests and the party they represent...

12-Sep-17
Compromise is inevitable to get things done in DC. The problem is the compromise for conservatives for many years has been trying to minimize our losses instead of taking a little less gain than we ultimately want. Its time for the left (R or D in front of their name) to get the crappy end of the deal.

13-Sep-17
And you trust this group of politicians who you say on one day do not represent any interests but their own, but today, want them to have a convention of the states to rewrite the constitution?

It shouldn't take too much to find a flaw in this plan.

13-Sep-17
Primary every Republican member of Congress who had run on unfulfilled promises such as repeal of Obamacare and dealing with illegals such as support for the wall. If enough have to fight an opponent and spend campaign monies to be on the ballot, a message will have been sent...

13-Sep-17
Well, if we can't repeal the 17th then we need to add term limits to Senators and maybe representatives. I say maybe representatives because the House members are still elected according to the original rules and each represents the district they come from. They more or less do answer to the people who put them there.

The senate on the other hand has turned into a pool of little despots. The senate was never supposed to be a gov't branch that rivaled all other branches. The House is many times kept captive by the Senate because the Senate wants to do what it wants to do, not what the people(the House) want. When the Senators were answerable to their state legislatures they could be better controlled by the people since the senators had to defend their actions to the State they represented or get canned and replaced.

We have senators who have been in office almost as long as I have been able to vote. They have caused most of the problems we have today with regard to the budget and debt, yet they still get elected because of party politics. Not because they are doing a bang-up job...JMO

13-Sep-17
Congress is an exclusive club on both sides and both houses rooted deep in self preservation, well beyond the control of the people. The very structure of our political system is a convoluted maze that the citizen who seats and depends upon them could never navigate. There is no way out folks if the present system continues preserved, and the faith of many that believes there is through the channels created by these charlatans only fortifies their existence and position. Accept the obvious for what it is and has become because you can't do a damned thing about it but complain, save a cataclysmic political event. Sad but true.

The Rock

13-Sep-17
Sadly, I have to agree Rocco. We're screwed.

14-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Worth reading...

From the link:

"Something happened to the Republican Party between the Bush years and President Obama’s second term: the GOP electorate learned lessons from George W. Bush’s mistakes, while most elected GOP officials did not. This asymmetry between the conservative base and the establishment GOP has yet to be rectified, especially over the U.S. intelligence bureaucracies and foreign policy."

14-Sep-17
Has North Korea got a icbm to reach D.C. Yet?

19-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link

• Sitka Gear