sleepyhunter 14-Sep-17
LINK 14-Sep-17
bad karma 14-Sep-17
Mint 14-Sep-17
HA/KS 14-Sep-17
bad karma 14-Sep-17
13-Sep-17

HA/KS's Link
“Faith-based relief groups are responsible for providing nearly 80 percent of the aid delivered thus far to communities with homes devastated by the recent hurricanes.”

13-Sep-17
When you are a FEMA employee your major motivation for being there is your paycheck. When you are a faith based volunteer your major motivation for being there is your compassion. Which is going to do the better job?

Terry

13-Sep-17
I am sure that many FEMA employees are compassionate, but forced to work within the constraints of regulation and red tape.

Many who claim to be compassionate due to their faith are not as they wish to appear.

However, the American faith community is the greatest force of philanthropy in the world.

13-Sep-17
Another aspect is how much of every dollar FEMA spends is actual aid vs bureaucracy.

13-Sep-17
God isn't bad, he just doesn't exist. Your all powerful, all knowing god is the one that knows what you want but makes you beg for it in prayer. Your god says take care of children but allows so many to be molested and raped and ravaged by disease. Your god created the universe but is helpless to save innocent people from mother natures wrath. That's a god I don't want to worship. Call me crazy, but I'd take mans goodness over a mystery ghost in the sky. Harvey and Irma have proven my point. Further, how many of "gods people" specifically preachers and televangelists steal from the poor and uneducated so that they become wealthy while their trailer park fans send whatever they have in the hope that they'll go to heaven. It's sick, it's thievery and if your god allows it, I want no part of it.

13-Sep-17
Atheist . If God fixed some things then where would He stop ?

If we didn't have a free will then we couldn't choose anything . It is how we were built. The only other option is to be controlled and what would be the point of that ?

God is not there just to fix things. Nor does He work in corruption . He doesn't promise an easy time of it . Life is hard . But He is there for us to call upon . Those who believe , see it , know it, experience it. Those who refuse, choose to be lost.

14-Sep-17
""And people who put God first, people who are committed to serving Jesus, people who are driven by a moral compass that comes from above, are the real doers and shakers and movers — the ones who see a need and respond.""

Perfect. Thanks for the article HA/KS.

14-Sep-17
Atheist it was YOUR sin and mine that caused this broken world. You and I are the ones that ate the forbidden fruit. Personally I'm glad Christ has taken the punishment I deserve.

14-Sep-17
There is a reason that our hospital system is primarily church-driven. And that reason is because churches were the original charitable organizations. Catholic Charities manages and owns a ton of hospitals, as do Presbyterian/St Lukes, Adventist Health Systems, etc.... And of course, National Jewish here as well. No atheist hospitals.....

14-Sep-17
The private sector will always out perform the Government.

14-Sep-17
"No atheist hospitals." Ever hear of VA hospitals and how poorly they serve?

14-Sep-17
That's just a crappy government hospital system. I'm of course speaking of the Madeline Murray O'Hare Hospital for Children....oops, that does not exist.

• Sitka Gear