Glunt@work 15-Sep-17
'Ike' (Phone) 15-Sep-17
DL 15-Sep-17
Rocky 15-Sep-17
TD 15-Sep-17
sleepyhunter 15-Sep-17
Solo @ the Coast 17-Sep-17
14-Sep-17
Well here we sit on our hands as NK sends another missile higher and further over Japan. Time for a blockade and see where China sits and who blinks first.

The Rock

14-Sep-17
Just nuke the little bastard. That's what it's going to come too. And while we're at it drop one on Mecca.

It's been several months since the Islamo-loonies went on a tear so we're about due. May as well do a preemptive strike. Hell, launch one before AND after!

14-Sep-17
WW if you had half a brain, you'd probably figure out that a nuke would eventually come our way. But I'll excuse your ignorance this time.

14-Sep-17
I don't care what you excuse or don't commie. Why don't you go stand under that nuke to support your fellow commie in NK? And bring Bernie with you. Then you can lie some more about it.

14-Sep-17
Oh, that's right atheist. We should do like obama, and draw another line in the sand. That will scare him into doing right. Talk about a half a brain?

14-Sep-17
It doesn't matter what he says Bent, it's ALL lies. That's what communists do.....lie. All the time. It's the only way they can advance their totalitarian agenda. Just look at Obama and his 8 years of lying.

14-Sep-17
Well atheist. See ya in a couple days. 8^)))

14-Sep-17
Shoot the missile down. Prove to NK there is superior technology that can render his weapons useless.

14-Sep-17
Complicated issue. NK is heavily connected to China and Russia. They could be provoking just to see where our real line is or to prompt a response so they can learn more about our technology.

If it was as simple as a crazy guy with a bad hair cut and a god complex playing with his giant rocket toys, the solution would be easier.

Rather than shoot one down, I would like to see something that would make the world pause. Like hacking the guidance system, hacking the power grid to the little guys palace, hacking their State-ran TV broadcasting, etc.

15-Sep-17
Good point Glunt, why haven't we is the real question...

15-Sep-17
Hacking a power grid is not easy. Power grids are closed systems, so you can't just dial in from anywhere to get into it. Guidance systems have to be hard to hack into, and protected by sophisticated systems. To give you an idea, I was in a meeting with Motorola engineers a few years ago where they were talking about their meteor shower communications. The system would wait for a meteor shower, which is a completely random occurrence, to bounce a signal off the shower, in a such a way to where both the signal and the frequency were completely random and impossible to tap. That was in 1985. Things are more sophisticated today.

15-Sep-17
I get that hacking stuff at that level is incredibly hard, but if anyone is capable of it, shouldn't it be us? We have to have some guys on the inside of critical stuff in NK.

I know the real world isn't a James Bond movie, but if we aren't a few technology steps ahead of NK we are in serious trouble with the bigger players.

15-Sep-17
we don't do it for the same reason you don't fire warning shots if you are a conceal carrier. You use your weapons for real to kill and win or you shouldn't be thinking about using them.

15-Sep-17
Let Mad Dog handle it...I like it!

“So having said that, I have no problem kicking it to General Mattis because I think he has plenty of options,” Haley said at the White House briefing, where she and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster previewed U.S. efforts at the U.N. General Assembly next week.

North Korea conducted its longest-ever test flight of a ballistic missile Friday, sending an intermediate-range weapon hurtling over U.S. ally Japan into the northern Pacific Ocean in a launch that signals both defiance of its rivals and a big technological advance.

McMaster stressed Friday that the U.S. is still trying to resolve the conflict diplomatically. Joining Haley at the briefing, he said it’s important to employ “rigorous enforcement of those sanctions” in pursuit of that route but acknowledged the United States is willing to use force.

“There is a military option,” he said. “Now, it’s not what we prefer to do. So what we have to do is call on all nations, call on everyone to do everything we can to address this global problem short of war.”

He said “denuclearization” is the only acceptable outcome.

“We’re out of time,” McMaster said. “As Ambassador Haley said before, we’ve been kicking the can down the road and we’re out of road.”

15-Sep-17

DL's Link
I say figure out some way to electronically capture one and send it right back to Sum Dum Puke. Problem is there's no nuke in the missle. Or do this

15-Sep-17
I say that if you can't eat you can't live. Economic and monetary blockade. Nothing goes in and nothing comes out. Period. No exceptions, no prisoners. Total dismantling of all nuclear capabilities and no compromise. This will set the table for a strike by the U.S. and the world will have no choice but to hold their breath in agreement. Win/Win.

The Rock

15-Sep-17
Both China and Russia know exactly when the lil plick will launch, they know the missile's exact path. There is nothing they would love more than to see the US blow that thing out of the sky. They would then have that much more information on our capabilities. They have probably already gotten a ton of information just on our reaction, tracking and SOP. That, as much as anything, is the purpose for all this. And lets the lil plick strut around pizzing people off like he's got a pair..... marbles likely, but a pair......

15-Sep-17
USA may not be the country shooting it down. Japan has stated they have the capability to shoot down missiles. Will they do that? It doesn't appear they will even though they have every right to shoot to defend their country.

17-Sep-17
This is for DL's post. I always loved watching Slim Pickens riding that one all the way to the ground.... LOL!!!

• Sitka Gear