casekiska 17-Sep-17
Lucas 17-Sep-17
Solo @ the Coast 17-Sep-17
Tonybear61 19-Sep-17
DaleHajas 20-Sep-17
casekiska 21-Sep-17
keepemsharp 21-Sep-17
15-Sep-17
I need some help from you please. I would like to know which is the 5 largest “State Bowhunting Associations” ???

15-Sep-17
The Wisconsin Bowhunters Association was started in 1941 and the number of members has fluctuated over the years. There are currently slightly less than five thousand WBH members.

16-Sep-17
Thank you Casekiska! Any other you know off?

17-Sep-17

Solo @ the Coast's Link
In the above link, the 4th sentence of the 2nd paragraph states:

"The 5 largest archery clubs in the USA are USA Archery, National Field Archery Association, Archery Shooters Association, Texas State Archery Association, and Alaska State Archery Association."

17-Sep-17
DVS - there are numerous state bowhunting groups which have been founded over the years, just about every state has one. I believe if you do your homework and research on-line you can locate many of them. They do not conceal, but do advertise their presence.

You asked about "State Bowhunting Associations". I wonder if the groups mentioned above fit into the parameters of your question? Seems to me they are either national in scope or concern themselves with target archery and bowhunting. The group I mentioned, the WI Bowhunters, is a bowhunting only group.

17-Sep-17
casekiska - do you know when and how many members WBH peaked at?

17-Sep-17
Two Feathers -

1941 - WBH starts with 140 members 1988 - WBH membership peaks at 11,393

The complete WBH membership data, the story of the creation of the WBH and the creation & evolution of bowhunting in WI is all detailed in the book THE HISTORY OF WISCONSIN BOWHUNTING.

17-Sep-17
Solo, I'm suprised that the IBO is not on that list

17-Sep-17
I don't know, Lucas. But that's not a State organization either.

I did a lazy man's search by simply dragging across to highlight "5 largest “State Bowhunting Associations" in DVS's opening post, right clicked it, and did a "Search with Bing" option. And it gave me that link.

Don't know how accurate their info in the link is. And only 2 of 5 are listed as "State Bowhunting Associations", but thought it might be some help to DVS anyway.

19-Sep-17
North American Bow Hunting Coalition probably have that number someplace, if they are still around..

20-Sep-17
About 7 to 10 years ago the United Bowhunters of Pa had < 6000 members. We were at that time the largest Bowhunting ONLY organization in the world. We had a company specializing in demographics study the UBP.

Damn pitiful.

Its worse today.

21-Sep-17
Ten years ago, in 2007, the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association had a paid membership of 7,030.

21-Sep-17
One of the big problems for states assn. to get large numbers is that Bowhunters are, or were, loners and not real joiners. Just really want to sit in a tree and just leave me alone.

• Sitka Gear