slade 24-Sep-17
16-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
NW KS 1948 - when winter was real.

17-Sep-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
10,000 BC. Somewhere in Canada. When it was really winter.

17-Sep-17

Tiger eye's embedded Photo
Tiger eye's embedded Photo
Meanwhile in SW Nebraska 12 years prior when summers were real

17-Sep-17
Pretty developed for 10,012 BC. ;^)

17-Sep-17
We can all laugh and I do of this long ago belief and agreement, and now the NEW discovery of the planet cooling off. Kyle seems to be mute on this subject and I think as a Bowsite Brethern he should reveal the best connected stocks that he has personally and eerily kept secret to himself to share with thy brothers in this monetary windfall so all may profit in this scheme. ;-)

The Rock

17-Sep-17
Last winter up here in SW Washington and much of Oregon was considerably colder than average, with more snow than we've had in several years. Canadian high pressure systems dominated, which caused on off-shore flow to blow that cold Alberta arctic air our way, rather than the usual milder (but still cold & wet to work in) on-shore Pacific flow.

And it seemed to last and last and .... you get the picture. It was nasty cold. But not record cold. Close though. In fact, come mid-February thru mid-March, as a basic act of survival, I had to high-tail it south to Florida, which just happened to coincide with the largemouth bass spawn...hmmmm... ;^)

Then, this summer has been exceptionally hot & dry. Doggone stinkin' damned hot & dry. But not record hot & dry. But stinkin' filthy rotten smelly hot... lol

What do I conclude from all of that?

Sometimes the weather is nice. Sometimes the weather sux.

I like it when it's nice. And when it's nice out here in the Great Northwest, it's exceptionally nice compared to the rest of the country.

After living in the upper Midwest, central Texas and overcrowded Florida, I have learned to despise the weather back thattaway.....

Today, summer has come to a close as we're experiencing our first measurable rainfall in 3 months, and the temp's have plummeted to 58°F right now at 3:50pm after reaching a high of 70°F.

And it feels reeeal good. But give me a couple months and I'll be whining about the cold weather over again.. :^p

17-Sep-17
we must dramatically increase the burning of fossil fuels to stop the devastating effects of the upcoming ice age.

17-Sep-17
Yep... We must all do our far...part. So in an effort to help increase atmospheric methane, I will begin to increase my cabbage & cucumber intake exponentially.

Just hope it's not too late......

17-Sep-17
the only reason it has not happened yet is because of me and bean dip.

17-Sep-17
"Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get." Mark Twain

17-Sep-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

17-Sep-17
Yep, our co2 and methane are responsible for global warming, its even melting the polar ice caps on Mars.

17-Sep-17
Not to mention the glaciers from the last ice age.

18-Sep-17
Wait just a minute here. Not so fast...

I heard Bush did it.

18-Sep-17
But, but, but , what about Paris ? , you know , they will fix it n' stuff.

18-Sep-17
We live in Illinois, a state that's primarily prairie. There's a local Forest Preserve near us that my wife and daughter and I took the dog to one time for a run. In Illinois it's a typical land feature to have pretty well flat to gently rolling prairie punctuated by a series of rolling honest to God hills that are heavily timbered. This forest preserve is located on one of these.

As we were walking we came to the edge of a field and at one side of it was mounds and mounds of rocks. My wife made the comment that some a-hole must have dumped them there. I said no......"It's GLOBAL WARMING!!!" She thought I was being my usual smartass self, when I explained that it was indeed from global warming and that we were in fact standing on a glacial morain's dumping ground. There must have a been a lot of cars and such around 10,000 years ago!

18-Sep-17
I know it is happening. I had to turn on the furnace this morning. It was 65 in the house.

We all know it is global warming if it is hot, or if it is cold. So it was cold in the house, so it must be global warming. Or the fact that the Mrs. left the windows open so she could go to sleep listening to elk bugling.

I am going with the global warming.

Terry

18-Sep-17

Coyote 65's Link
On the other hand. I could be wrong.

Terry

18-Sep-17
simple: we live in a bubble and for the past hundred years we've been putting gasses into that bubble. So you're saying that 100 years of industrial burn and a billion cars has no impact? Is it possible that most conservatives deny climate change science because they understand that, if it’s true, we really have to change things fast — and governmental action would be inevitable. My observation at the heart of why climate change deniers cling to their idea that it is a hoax or not caused by human activity is because this big problem requires bigger government and worse, global cooperation to resolve it. Both are kryptonite to conservatives.

18-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link

18-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link

18-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link

18-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link

18-Sep-17

Mike in CT's Link

18-Sep-17
As I have said before, if it wasn't for climate change I would be living on an iceberg. They found Mastodon bones not far from where I live. Climate has changed for millions of years before man had cars.

18-Sep-17
Ryan: If you want anyone to believe you, you must first stop either lying, or study up on what's actually being said before you start accusing people.

NO ONE denies that the climate changes. It's been changing for the past 400 billion years. It will continue to change and if it stops, we're all dead. What we disagree on is that we can actually alter what the climate will do on a grand scale. We can't. The earth has had cold periods, warm periods, dry, hot, wet, etc. since the dawn of time, despite what Al Gore says.

The people who claim that the climate can be kept unchanged by man are either bald faced liars or are seriously delusional, and more likely both.

As stated above.......IT'S THE SUN!!!!!!

18-Sep-17
But, but but... I have a photo!

18-Sep-17
Ok, lets say it is man made and the only solution is a giant government intrusion on freedom and confiscation of money. The alternative is death eventually.

Give me liberty or....

19-Sep-17
Ah yes, the models. These are the same models that said that Hillary would win right up until 9PM on election night. You can make a computer model say just about any damn thing you want it to. A computer model is only as accurate as the programmer makes it in the first place. And ANY programmer who's salary is paid either by the government or some other entity FUNDED by grants and such who's ideology is that of man caused climate change is most likely BS. I don't trust what they say, period. To me they carry as much trustworthiness as Obama's, "If you like your doctor/health plan you can keep your doctor/health plan" lies. And I will never trust anything that comes from a politician's mouth again ever.

19-Sep-17
Why is it that that AGW is settled science but Trumps election is not?

19-Sep-17
"...that most conservatives deny climate change..."

Woods Walker beat me to it.

19-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Climate alarmists have finally admitted that they’ve got it wrong on global warming.

This is the inescapable conclusion of a landmark paper, published in Nature Geoscience, which finally admits that the computer models have overstated the impact of carbon dioxide on climate and that the planet is warming more slowly than predicted.

The paper – titled Emission budgets and pathways consistent with limiting warming to 1.5?°C – concedes that it is now almost impossible that the doomsday predictions made in the last IPCC Assessment Report of 1.5 degrees C warming above pre-industrial levels by 2022 will come true.

In order for that to happen, temperatures would have to rise by a massive 0.5 degrees C in five years.

Since global mean temperatures rarely rise by even as much as 0.25 degrees C in a decade, that would mean the planet would have to do 20 years’ worth of extreme warming in the space of the next five years.

This, the scientists admit, is next to impossible. Which means their “carbon budget” – the amount of CO2 they say is needed to increase global warming by a certain degree – is wrong. This in turn means that the computer models they’ve been using to scare the world with tales of man-made climate doom are wrong too.

One researcher – from the alarmist side of the argument, not the skeptical one – has described the paper’s conclusion as “breathtaking” in its implications.

He’s right. The scientists who’ve written this paper aren’t climate skeptics. They’re longstanding warmists, implacable foes of climate skeptics, and they’re also actually the people responsible for producing the IPCC’s carbon budget.

In other words, this represents the most massive climbdown from the alarmist camp...

(Continued at link)

I actually believe in man made global warming. It is man that has created all the computer models designed to show that gorbal warming is occurring. Each of the computer models are "man-made". For the computer illiterate, a climate model is a computer program designed to provide a solution to a problem based upon inputted data. Over the years, these climate prediction models have been tweaked using human selected data to prove the hypothesis of AGW. In other words, the programs have been created to prove their assumption (ass-u-me) that some factor (CO2 for example) is the causative factor in climate change. Most of the models ignore the factor of time, focusing on a relative short span and ignoring the millions of years of change that has occurred since the earth was formed. A few thousand years of data is barely a pimple on the ages of earth. In my short lifespan, the religion of gorbalism has predicted not only a scare scenario of warming, but also the coming of a new ice age.

Remember...this is the same science that cannot predict actual weather a week in advance, but claim to be able to predict the total global future. When one looks at the actual gorbal science industry, it all comes down to money and control.

Ignore the sun...it's just a part time light source ;o)

19-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link
More facing reality...

19-Sep-17
Ryan from Boone - simple: we live in a bubble and for the past hundred years we've been putting gasses into that bubble. Where did the gasses we are putting into the bubble come from? From inside the bubble!! DUH

19-Sep-17
Mouse,

The key word in that is 'CONTROL!'

This entire gorbal warming scam is nothing more than the statists' way of gaining control of our economies. That communism thing the USSR and China tried to control their economies didn't go the way the gorbal warming fanatics wanted, so they're trying this ruse instead.

Either way, it's 'control.'

19-Sep-17

19-Sep-17
They haven't been able to tax the air we breathe (although Obamacare comes real close in that if you are still breathing, you have to pay it or else), so they came up with taxing us for the carbon we use......like it's theirs in the first place!

23-Sep-17
Taxing the air or putting it in a bottle to sell. Sounds like the remake of the Lorax.

When researchers drilled a couple of miles into the Greenland ice pack to the bottom, silt and mud they found.....wait for it.....,,,,Butterflies!!

Yeah apparently it was a lot warmer up there at one time. Lots of warm blooded animal fossils in Antarctica too..

24-Sep-17
It is called GREENland for a reason.

24-Sep-17

Woods Walker's Link
You bet Henry!

24-Sep-17

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo
January 31, 1930, the Columbia River froze solid, so solid under the I-5 bridge that Clarence Murray in the early day Vancouver Flier used it as a temporary field for his American Eagle, 90 horse power bi-plane. He is in the photo below on the right. His son Glenn is on the left.

• Sitka Gear