Community
Contributors to this thread:
keepemsharp 17-Sep-17
Coyote 65 17-Sep-17
Rocky 17-Sep-17
Solo @ the Coast 17-Sep-17
Thumper 17-Sep-17
17-Sep-17
Tonight is the NPR Vietnam show, this guy is a bleeding heart liberal. Hope he does not do a hatchet job on all us baby killers. Will try to watch it but maybe not, after all it is NPR.

17-Sep-17
The make radios with video screens now?

Terry

17-Sep-17
keepemsharp, Commentary on the Vietnam War in the negative goes in one ear and out the other. The hero's etched on that Wall and those left behind to remember their brothers agony is all that needs be said or matters. All else is just that, commentary. The Rock

17-Sep-17
I found it on the local Public Broadcasting TV channel guide (OPB "Oregon Public Broadcasting" out here). It's entitled, "The Vietnam War", a 10-part, 18-hour history of the Vietnam War. Tonight is episode 1, "Deja Vu (1858-1961). Runs from 9-10:30pm PDT out here.

I'd imagine this episode will cover the lousy job the French did back when it was called French Indochina. Then when the locals finally rebelled, the French ran off like scalded dogs.

That's when our own stupid politicians decided to get the rest of us involved in that hell hole of a place. And then those idiots ran that war from DC in a manner that practically guaranteed a maximum loss of American lives, in unison with a leftwing press that wrongfully shifted the blame away from those idiots-in-charge and onto our precious soldiers.

Oh, don't get me started.......

17-Sep-17
I'm for renaming the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and PBS Channel. Combine the three and call it the Progressive Channel Re-Written.

• Sitka Gear