slade 23-Sep-17
Whitey 23-Sep-17
HA/KS 23-Sep-17
Woods Walker 23-Sep-17
Bob H in NH 25-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 25-Sep-17
20-Sep-17

Whitey's Link
NFL ratings and attendance is down and they have run out of excuses.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-tv-ratings-slide-worries-wall-street-1041187

20-Sep-17
maybe if they had less dipsticks kneeling during the National Anthem etc. it would not be so bad.

20-Sep-17
Should do the same thing to the Hollywood movies.

20-Sep-17
This is a forehead slap situation. Anyone with common sense knows that a huge amount of NFL fans are likely to be patriotic, troop supporting, pro-America folks. The protests and the NFL's handling of them is a slap in these people's faces.

Offending your customer base rarely yields good results.

Denounce the protests, apologize, remove/penalize players that show disrespect and move on. Being afraid to offend a few players at the expense of offending millions of fans is ridiculous. Its the "National" football league. The nation in "National" is America. They don't need to wrap every broadcast in the flag (wouldn't hurt) but any idiot knows whats hurting their ratings, including them. There are just enough leftys in high positions to do it anyway because pretending to fight for social justice is a priority for them.

I hope ratings get worse if they keep insulting their fans.

20-Sep-17
I quit watching the NFL 4 years ago because of all of the drama and players making fools of themselves. I haven't wasted a Sunday since. Good riddance.

20-Sep-17
Personally, I won't loose one second of sleep if every single NFL related person, product, and entity would simply go broke. Many are becoming as outlandish as Hollywood with their ideas that we, the common folk are beneath them. Never in the history of men has it fared well to alienate your employer. And, that is what the NFL has done. Let the chips fall where they may. God Bless

20-Sep-17
College ball, plain and simple...

20-Sep-17
My football viewing rarely extends past my 11 year old's team.

20-Sep-17
I stopped watching the NFL years ago. I just got tired of the jungle dances whenever they scored a TD or made a sack. I'll watch college ball.

21-Sep-17
I only watch the Super Bowl.

21-Sep-17
NFL= Not For Long

21-Sep-17
I don't even watch the super bowl any more. Football is dead and the owners, players, and the league can thanks themselves for it.

They cancelled the local pre high school football league where I live this year......they used to have 250 kids come out as recent as 2007-08 when my kids were that old......this year I am told 11 kids showed up. Football is doomed.

21-Sep-17
Atlanta is drawing 50K+ to each of their soccer games and they play a LOT more than 16 games/yr.

21-Sep-17
Watching soccer is like watching golf...good to take nap by on a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon...8^)

21-Sep-17
Q. Why do so many kids play soccer?

A. So they don't have to WATCH it!!

22-Sep-17
Honestly, I believe it has more to do with how much it costs to go to a game! Does this play in a bit sure, but the decline started many years ago.

22-Sep-17
All you need to play soccer is a ball and at least two kids. Not so with football or basketball in many ways.

22-Sep-17

HA/KS's Link
"Friday Night Forfeits at Iowa High Schools On the Rise"

Article about player shortages in Iowa high schools.

22-Sep-17
I am high school coach. I wouldn't pay a nickel to watch pro sports, but would drive a hundred miles to watch kids play. True sport.

23-Sep-17
I have from time to time contemplated how much somebody would have to pay me to get me to attend a pro game. I am sure it would take less for football than basketball, but it would not be cheap.

23-Sep-17
Seems that the political stink is infecting even grade schools. Story (link not readily available) of grade school coach having his team take a knee. His team had no idea of why other than being told it was a sign of respect for mistreatment of minorities by their coach.

23-Sep-17
I saw that too. Disgusting.

23-Sep-17

23-Sep-17
The new poll by Rasmussen finds that 34 percent are less likely to watch the NFL because of the protests. Only 12 percent said the protests made them more likely to watch while 50 percent said the protests did not impact their viewing habits.

After Lebrons tweet today watch the NBA take a dump.

23-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

HA/KS's Link
This will NOT win them any viewers.

23-Sep-17
Lack of "respect" for the NFL???? Is he kidding?? How about the lack of respect YOUR snakeheads show the United States Of America!!???

25-Sep-17
The main issue here, aside from the obvious, is that we are now seeing the results of treating pro athletes like gods. The ego that comes with your typical pro athlete, especially of the big "3" sports (NFL, NBA, MLB) is that they actually think they know more than the average person about life, sacrifice, hard work and just how hard it is to raise a family while working for a living.

The NFL players are showing signs of this. A few started thinking it would rally the country, it didn't. It was actually going away, becoming a non-story. Now Trump riles them up again. I, like trump, would LOVE to see an NFL owner take the team to task, Cowboys pretty much have.

Also, why was Tebow kneeling such a big controversy, while kneeling for prayer, while this exact same physical move is such a big rally cry. Sheesh.

25-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link
Cross posted from another thread...

What we need is a different version of Kyle's favorite "AGW" song: "Hide the Decline"

The infection of politics into the entertainment industry continues to demonstrate that treating your customers like feces does not bode well...

• Sitka Gear