HA/KS 21-Sep-17
gflight 21-Sep-17
Woods Walker 21-Sep-17
Woods Walker 22-Sep-17
gadan 22-Sep-17
21-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
One of the great things about small Alaskan Schools is that sometimes we can drop everything when an opportunity arises. Last night a moose was struck on the road and the carcass was donated to the school lunch program.

The students of Mrs. Boron's American Government class have sprung into action and are currently processing the moose for the food program. Soon our students will be having moose stew, moose burgers, moose tacos, and many other incredible creations from Brandie Stickler and the food service staff.

What a great learning opportunity for our students and on Camo Day of all days!

21-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

21-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

21-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

21-Sep-17

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
Awesome. This is some muktuk I was treated to when up there in May. Glad to see the Moose put to good use.

21-Sep-17

Woods Walker's Link
COOL! But I have something that tops it.

I went to and graduated from the University of Wyoming in the early 70's. At that time they had an upper level archeology course taught by Dr. George Carr Frison where the students had to make their own STONE TOOLS! Now if that wasn't awesome enough get ready for this.........

Then they took those tools to a bison ranch where a bison was shot and THEY HAD TO BUTCHER THE ENTIRE ANIMAL USING ONLY THEIR STONE TOOLS!!!!

Now THAT'S what I call higher level learning!!!

22-Sep-17
It IS good. But so's elk, and corn-fed midwestern whitetails, and wild pigs that have been eating acorns and..............

22-Sep-17
That's good stuff!

• Sitka Gear