NvaGvUp 03-Oct-17
Joey Ward 03-Oct-17
NvaGvUp 03-Oct-17
NvaGvUp 03-Oct-17
DL 03-Oct-17
BIG BEAR 04-Oct-17
Glunt@work 04-Oct-17
03-Oct-17
I was out for my morning hike this morning when I heard a whining sound behind me. I figured it had to be an electric car. It drove by and at first I thought it was a Tesla but then realized the logo was not a Tesla logo. I could read the model name as it went by, so when I got home I did a search.

It was a Fisker Karma and it is one awesome looking car for sure!

03-Oct-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo

03-Oct-17
It was another gov't boondoggle giveaway to someone. They ended up building the cars in Norway or some place like that. It was supposed to bring jobs to the USA, but of course it didn't work...except for the people in charge...they all got rich...

03-Oct-17
I guess "awesome" is in the eye of the beholder. That thing looks like just another fart cart to me. It probably appeals to women, and girly men.

Then again, if you can't haul a dead elk in it, I have no use for it.

Matt

03-Oct-17
I never said it was a good car, just a good looking car.

03-Oct-17
The Corvettes of the past few years look great, as did the Corvettes the first ten or so years they made them. But those Corvettes in the seventies were horrible.

They tried to turn a sports car into a muscle car and failed miserably at both.

A friend had one of those and it rode like a freaking tank.

03-Oct-17
If you can afford a Tesla/Fisker/MBZ/BMW, et. al., you can probably also afford a good pickup.

I don't pull anything with my truck, so my GMC Sierra 1500 is all I need. All I use it for is hunting and the occasional trip to Home Depot.

03-Oct-17
Nice looking car. I better stay with my Ram 1500. Easier to get in and out of.

03-Oct-17

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Those C4 Corvettes can be had for under $3000. I have only owned one car my whole life. It was a 76 Monte Carlo. I've always had trucks as a main ride and assorted Jeeps, Land Cruisers and now a neat little Trooper as a play rig. The itch to build a hot rod has been growing. I want to do something less popular. A '71-'73 Cougar interests me. My brother said "The front on that thing is butt ugly, it screams '70s?" "Exactly"

03-Oct-17
I have owned a few corvettes and 2013 was the last good looking corvette. But only the grandsport and ZR1 models. In 2014 they made them look too much like a Cadillac CTV with the straight harsh lines . sales are way down because of it. I have the ZR1 @ 750 hp It’s a race car, simple and powerful. I only drive it in the summer . The new mid engine design for 2020 in both electric and gas look interesting. Rumor is it will be available with 800+ hp.

03-Oct-17
The Beach Boys never did a song about the Cougar, as I recall. ;^)

03-Oct-17
Beach Boys?

Never heard of 'em.

03-Oct-17
"Beach Boys?

Never heard of 'em."

Damn kids! ;^)

Go to your room!

03-Oct-17
Pig Doc,

I have two sets of wheels, as does my wife.

Mine are a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 and a 2015 MBZ 300 4Matic, new out-of-the-box from the dealer last spring.

I've averaged 34.5 mpg on it since I bought it and it has scary stupid power and acceleration.

My wife has a 2001 Miata and a 2012 Subaru Outback. That's a terrific vehicle if you live in or near the mountains and it gets 28 mpg on the freeway to boot.

03-Oct-17
At least get the original version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FSicQWimU

04-Oct-17
I'm with pig doc. I actually prefer to drive my truck over my wife's Infiniti SUV.

04-Oct-17
I saw one of those Ford GT Supercars on the road just north of Detroit a few weeks ago... I don't know jack about cars but it's the only one I've ever seen. At first I thought it was a vette. I googled it and see that they cost something like $450,0000....... I can't see driving that thing on Michigan's pot hole covered roads......

04-Oct-17
"I'm with pig doc. I actually prefer to drive my truck over my wife's Infiniti SUV"

I drove my truck over the fender of my wife's Tempo years ago getting out of a deep drift in the driveway. She still brings it up.

• Sitka Gear