slade 12-Nov-17
slade 12-Nov-17
slade 12-Nov-17
Tiger eye 12-Nov-17
Thumper 15-Nov-17
slade 15-Nov-17
04-Oct-17

HA/KS's Link
"Just days ago, a Marine veteran and the owner of a sports restaurant pulled the plug on the NFL to protest the “disrespect” of professional football players during the national anthem."

"DeFries told Fox News that when he called to get a refund on his DirecTV NFL package, he was told he'd have to eat the $6,000 fee. DirecTV told him it was giving refunds only to residential customers and not business accounts. He said that his restaurant has formally requested a refund."

"“Every day our sales have been up between 200 and 300 percent. People we have never seen before are driving hours to support us and the employees. We have received heart-warming and supportive phone calls, emails and direct messages from people all over the United States thanking us.”

04-Oct-17
Good riddance!!!!

04-Oct-17
as I am proud to say .. "To hell with the NFL" ..

04-Oct-17
Well, bye!

04-Oct-17
What? Goodbye to college football? Zat what I just heard here? Cuz that's what you'll get in some form.

I say, quitcher bitchen, let the sod-knees go down under the pressure that We the People exert, and continue to watch the honest America-loving players play.

But you left-footers could lobby to raise taxes on the guyz you despize, and maybe even manage to legislate such a tax 'incentive'. Hey, toss it into the bump-stock bill.

Mz, Tax & Spend, Senator "All-Red" Feinstein would likely go for something like that. Work with her.

05-Oct-17
I say goodbye to college football as well. Where do you think these NFL players are getting indoctrinated ?

05-Oct-17
"What? Goodbye to college football? Zat what I just heard here? Cuz that's what you'll get in some form."

Seriously??? You realize that only a very small percentage of college football players are even considered for the NFL, let alone make it.

Actually, I think college football would significantly benefit if the NFL went away. For one, you wouldn't have players entering college with no intent of staying the full term, only expecting to play college ball until they're offered a contract from the NFL.

05-Oct-17
A few years ago Daniel Defense wanted to buy a super bowl half time ad and the NFL said "we can't have no gun ads here". Said goodbye to the NFL right then. Anti gun----anti American.

05-Oct-17
No gun ads but plenty of alcohol ads. Alcohol kills as many people as guns. In my area a lot more people die from drunk drivers than from being shot. A lot more. I'm not against alcohol since it is the people that misuse guns and alcohol. You will never see a ban on alcohol because a lot of politicians are drunks. They tried once and it failed.

05-Oct-17
"Alcohol kills as many people as guns. " Not even close. It has to be 100 or 1000 or more to 1.

05-Oct-17
I can always find something better to do than sit around and watch NFL football. It's not a problem. Let them go broke.

05-Oct-17

Spike Bull 's Link
Lowes stands up for America!

05-Oct-17
Does chevy run adds during football games? They make a corvette and camaro pushing speeds up to 200mph where the speed limit is only 55-80mph. These are crime machines designed to break the law!

05-Oct-17
I didn't see anyone take a knee at the Houston Astros game..... and they had a bald eagle flying around the stadium during the anthem..... it was AWESOME !! I hope my favorite Tiger Justin Verlander helps Houston heal by bringing them a World Series !!!!

05-Oct-17
I'm preettty sure I asked this exact same question a few months back, way before so many NFL spoiled brats decided to follow suit. If memory serves, the majority said it was nothing, would just go away. Hmmm.

06-Oct-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

06-Oct-17
Henry:

I'm not sure I'd want a bar-b-q sandwich cooked over a bunch of burning polyester jerseys and plastic memorabilia.

:)

KPC

06-Oct-17
Oh come on now, that would make real "stick to your ribs", ribs!

06-Oct-17
No respectful American citizen would support the NFL.

06-Oct-17
Not anymore. And I'm waiting to see what the NFL sponsors do. I'm fully ready to stop patronizing all of them if they still monetarily support the NFL if this crap continues.

06-Oct-17
I had that thought too, KPC

06-Oct-17
Some good points made, and I share many of your sentiments. I've seen the changes in college ball creep in over the years, and I don't like it either.

But I'd much rather see both, NCAA & NFL, pull their acts together and make it a great game like I grew up with, than to watch them become extinct.

06-Oct-17

K Cummings's embedded Photo
If I'm ever in Asheville NC, I may have to stop in. I'd just like to meet the folks that own this place.

:)

KPC

06-Oct-17
I got this in an email today and am passing it on...............

Take a Knee! - To All Ballplayers, Everywhere

Take a knee at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat.. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

08-Oct-17

JTV's Link
Our VP Mike Pence did what many should do when these Herd Turds kneel at ball games ... he walked out...... Thank You Mr. Pence !! ..... see link

08-Oct-17
Haha. JTV, So you enjoyed the 200,000$ photo op? What a conservative! Let's spend taxpayer money on an attention whore!!

08-Oct-17
You continue to prove to be the puke we all know you are... just another America hater ...

08-Oct-17
Trump and pence are the pukes. The KKK marched in Charlottesville again. Think they'd tweet their displeasure? Nope. The black football players kneeling are worse obviously. And for the dense; That's sarcasm JTV.

09-Oct-17
why would Trump comment on a KKK rally and give them relevance? I never would have known about it without your post. Had he commented everyone would know. Hey you racist puke Trump bashes ALL people who take a knee for the anthem!!

09-Oct-17
Evidently the issue isn't recognizing that a right can be supported while the act can promote disgust; no, the issue is some have principles that extend only to like-minded individuals and are not the universal constant applied to the constitutional right as they should without fail be (see below if confused):

"I wouldn't do it, but it's protected by the constitution. So either you respect the document or you don't. "

Another shining example (not that any more were required as proof) of liberal hypocrisy, not to mention a level of ignorance that is simply breathtaking in its scope.

09-Oct-17
As they say down South......AMF.

09-Oct-17
LOL! In the midwest too Lex!

09-Oct-17
I still say fire all the knee jerks and don't renew their contracts next time around. I'd rather watch ants crawling around on the sidewalk.

09-Oct-17
Or better yet, since they're doing it AT WORK, and there's specific rules against this, start fining them for each occurance, like for $250,000 a pop. THEN we'll see just how dedicated they are to their cause.

My guess is that most of them will stand like someone shoved a red hot poker up their keister because most of them don't even know what the hell they are protesting other than white people.

09-Oct-17
The black racists are blowing up the NFL and ESPN. Players are reacting to fans in the stands and outside stadiums negatively. They have been God’s their whole lives and now they are getting booed and heckled and they can’t handle it. We will see if any cowboys pick their “principals” over their paycheck. It’s just starting

09-Oct-17
aside from the odd case of alcohol poisoning alcohol is as innocent in killing people as guns are. people kill

09-Oct-17
Well, an ESPN host just went a on a little rant about how "white men" need to "shut up" and listen when it comes to race and gender issues.

Insert any other race or "women" instead of "men" and people would be losing their minds over her comments.

09-Oct-17
Glunt, if you mean that ignorant poor excuse of a ESPN broadcaster, Jemele Hill, she's just been put on suspension for two weeks or does ESPN have more than one lousy female broadcasters...

09-Oct-17

JTV's Link
Glunt, here's the link ...

09-Oct-17
If Al Sharpton was outraged and it kept co- host Smith off the air, then her two week paid vacation wasn't a total sham.

09-Oct-17
The ESPN host was Michelle Beadle. It would have been everywhere under different circumstances.

09-Oct-17
They are on the fighting side of me along with antifa and all flag burners. I do not know anyone personally that has not stopped watching any NFL games. No one. They all have and they are all extremely angry about it. Obama succeded in only one thing. He definately split this country in two. I do not believe its anything from here on out but a battleground. One great thing. We win.

God bless, Steve

09-Oct-17
"They have been God’s their whole lives" We are all God's, but none of us are gods, except in our own minds.

09-Oct-17
I think he meant that with a small "g" (gods), Henry.

10-Oct-17
To the NFL players

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA. You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year. You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country. To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.

10-Oct-17
WELL STATED!!!!

10-Oct-17
Go Away NFL and take NBA and baseball with you.

11-Oct-17

Seapig@work's embedded Photo
Seapig@work's embedded Photo

22-Oct-17

Annony Mouse's Link
NFL: Not For Long?

LOL...pics of stands. Scalpers hurting...

22-Oct-17
That’s impossabru Grey Jocky said it was impossible , tempest in a tea pot and all that rot. I know one person watching the NFL and in Seattle that’s a huge deal.

23-Oct-17
I am on my second year of total boycott of the NFL. I don't miss it at all. f them. I will never watch another professional football game....forever. They can't fix it. I am also proud to say that I have never in my entire life watched an NBA game.

23-Oct-17

Gray Ghost's Link
And yet, the NFL has averaged over 15 million viewers thru the past 6 weeks, and the early double digit ratings decline has dropped to only 7%.

Matt

23-Oct-17
Uh huh. And the polls also said that Hillary would win big time right up until 9:00 pm on the night of the election.

23-Oct-17
Once again, some people tout the ratings when they support their narrative, then dismiss them when they don't.

Matt

23-Oct-17
Grey Jocky always quotes the ratings but he has no idea how it works. The ratings are a percentage of audience. The audience is smaller because fewer people are watching the NFL so it makes it look like the ratings have not dropped all that much. Hence the partially empty stadiums. They are reporting a 17% drop over 2015 pre knee ratings. Knowing how it works it’s much higher than that. The system is skewed to always make it look better.

23-Oct-17
"The system is skewed to always make it look better."

I think even Hillary would attest to that....if she were honest.

23-Oct-17

Gray Ghost's Link
I'm perfectly aware of how the ratings work, Whitey. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself. See link.

I only got to watch 2 games last week. The Chiefs/Raiders game on Thursday, and last night's Pats/Falcons game. Both stadiums were packed with enthusiastic fans.

Matt

23-Oct-17
I personally hope that they go belly up. I'd rather watch paint dry.

23-Oct-17
only a person like GG would watch the damn NFL ... no moral compass ... piss on the NFL and those who still support its crap ..

23-Oct-17
NFL isn't going anywhere, but in a business that size 1% means a lot and 7% means a whole lot.

They know it has effected them. They are getting pressure from one side to hire Kaepernick and support the player's protest and pressure from the other side to stop the protesting and just play football. They would like to avoid taking a side and hope it calms down before their hand is forced.

They branded themselves on patriotism and the flag, built a fan base that is made up of people who aren't happy with the product when they see the kneeling, and they know exactly how its effecting them.

People love football. That results in the NFL surviving and probably thriving after this. It also shows how pissed people were with how many tuned out.

23-Oct-17

Gray Ghost's Link
"Last night’s MM numbers were the best any NFL primetime game has performed this season since Week 1."

Hmmm.......?

Matt

23-Oct-17
Why bother showing what the players are doing during the national anthem? Also, it only becomes an issue, if you let it bother you. By making a big stink over the fact that they are kneeling, you are making their protest relevant. That is of course the trap that President Trump fell into, he made it a big issue, then they all started kneeling. If no one talks about it, it becomes irrelevant.

23-Oct-17
1% of the players either knelt or sat this past weekend. Why do people get so upset over 1%!!! If you ignore them this would just go away.

23-Oct-17

23-Oct-17

23-Oct-17

23-Oct-17

23-Oct-17

23-Oct-17

23-Oct-17
Please spare us of the perusal pontificating gibberish and show us the money-pictures of the full stadiums at these same games.

23-Oct-17
As the National Football League’s 2017 Week 7 wound down, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spoke about the anthem protests which have spread throughout the league. Jones says that the league is suffering “negative” consequences over the continuing protests.

“There is no question,” Jones told The Dallas Morning News on Sunday. “There is no question the league is suffering negative effects from these protests:”

23-Oct-17
But it's a SURVEY! Someone put together some numbers so it CAN'T be wrong! Numbers can never be manipulated in any way, shape or form. And it was also on the INTERNET!!! So there...........

23-Oct-17
Top Advertiser Papa Johns Warns NFL Pizza Sales Are Dropping During Games

23-Oct-17
HA! And he probably voted for Trump! He should just look at an internet survey instead of his bank account. That would be FAR more accurate anyway. The bank probably made an accounting error. I'll bet there's RUSSIANS involved too!!!!

23-Oct-17
No you don’t grey jocky you are reading someone else’s interpretation of the ratings that agree with your view point. NASCAR in person is way down too. If you know how to read and interpret the rating regale us with the reason why?

23-Oct-17
I can't speak for the polls...I don't participate. I do know that within my inner circle of family and friends, none of us watch the games anymore. I would estimate that to be around 2 dozen or so. Of those, I hear them say that their family and friends have given up on the NFL as well. Some friends of my wife sold their raider tickets and donated the money to a veterans organization. Life long Raider fans....tuned out.

The NFL and the media are extremely powerful and rich. I would imagine that they are fully capable of fudging the numbers somehow. If they admitted that viewership and ticket sales were falling, that could be seen as giving the proletariat (us) tacit recognition that our own "silent" protest is more effective than those poor millionaire slaves that play a game are trying to pull off.

A friend of mine owns a local bar, and his Sunday, Monday and Thursday saales are down on those days. the bartenders complain the tips are way off as well. It was a pretty popular place with a half dozen TV's going at any one time. He would tell you that the business he typically gets during football season is now down to just what he would get during the off season.

I just don't see it in my neck of the woods, at least amongst me and mine. I would imagine that the Patriots/Falcons MNF game rose because it was a matchup of last years superbowl contenders...that would happen anyway. I see the other franchises , and especiallly the middle of the road and poorer teams are losing revenue. GB, Denver, Dallas,Boston will always have their fans show up.

23-Oct-17
"Piss on the NFL"....... You're right JTV......... Piss on Alejandro Villanueva........ Right ?? I mean..... He's the NFL..... Right ???? Only a guy like him would refuse to boycott the NFL..... Right ?? Oh... wait a minute...... he was an Army Ranger.

23-Oct-17
I don't need polls to tell me how much attendance is down. Look at the pictures of the stadiums at kick off. Attendance is way down in the stadiums but I have no way of knowing about TV.

24-Oct-17
Nice Try BB, another classic failure on your behalf, another foolish attempt at trying to be a smart ass.... Villanuevea was the only shining star of the whole mess when he did what he did at that time... in a whole, yea, PISS ON THE NFL and anyone who is supporting what these dweebs are doing .....

24-Oct-17
Should he boycott the NFL ?? Look ..... boycott or don't boycott...... it is your choice..... but don't try to tell another grown man what to do.....

24-Oct-17
BB, no one here is telling you what to do...they're just telling you that you're a real schmuck if ya don't.

You're absolutely, 100% correct...you can be a schmuck, or not be a schmuck. The choice is yours to make.

24-Oct-17
agree with BB. boycott or don't boycott. It's your choice. It's the same as stand or kneel. It's your choice. I can still think that you are scum for doing the wrong thing.......that is my choice.

24-Oct-17
I'm not boycotting the NFL because of the players. I'm boycotting the NFL (and it's sponsors) because of the NFL, or more specifically the NFL's condoning/encouraging of what I consider to be disrespectful, dishonorable and frankly insulting behavior by THEIR EMPLOYEES WHILE AT WORK of our country and the people who bled and died for it. If the players want to act like a-holes and show the world what they really are other than people who are good at running and jumping that's their business. To ENCOURAGE it in the workplace is a another matter.

If the NFL fined the players who kneel or otherwise show disrespect at the playing of our national anthem I'd still support the NFL because they have at least SHOWN that they do not condone this. But they haven't/won't. So I can only conclude that they agree. So AMF............

24-Oct-17
No self respecting citizen should attend or watch a TV game while these sorry kneeling protest go on. By attending or watching on TV just shows you approve of the happenings just to get your own couple hours of sport fun. Discussing un-American attitude. I'd rather watch ants crawling around on the sidewalk. No ants out due to cold temps then read a good book. Or watch a good history flick on Youtube.

24-Oct-17
I havent watched any football this year. Dont intend to. Let NFL rot and go away.

24-Oct-17
Shhhhh, you guys will upset the Bear, talking about his NFL this way ..

24-Oct-17
I won't watch the NFL because I served in the U.S. Navy for 7 years..... not because of anything you have to say JTV..... what branch did you serve in ???

24-Oct-17
USMC/Scout-Sniper/0317 .... 1976-'82 .... You guys in the Navy gave us some great Taxi service ... Thanks !! ... Semper Fi !!! ....

24-Oct-17
Thank you for your service.... VP-49 Combat Air Crew 10.... P-3 Orion submarine hunters..... Land based Aircrewman... I wasn't on a ship....I flew.

24-Oct-17
The NFL will put an end to this soon because it's hurting their pockets.

24-Oct-17
I don’t think they can the majority of thier employees are Black. They are truly stuck in the middle.

24-Oct-17
The language of $$$$$ is universal, uni-lingual, and everyone except for people who've spent their entire lives in government understands it perfectly well. The NFL is getting the me$$age.........big time.

24-Oct-17

Jim Moore's Link
I do wish I could be a "slave" like this effin a$$hole. 15 million per year. Poor son of a bitch ought to sue for reparations.

Michael Bennett, who last graced the pages of Outkick when he was proven to be a lying, race baiting fraud when he claimed racist police officers in Las Vegas targeted him because he was black only to proven wrong by over 190 videos of the incident, is back in the news because he compared himself to 19th century slave Dred Scott yesterday.

Bennett, who will make $15.4 million per 2017 salary cap analysis, took issue with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones saying he wanted all his players to stand for the national anthem before games. Somehow, in the most unintelligible and stupid analogy in the history of athletes, Bennett analogized his own situation with a 19th century slave who challenged America’s existing slave laws in a famous 1857 case.

24-Oct-17
Bennett can quit if he dont like it... a slave back then could not... just another prissy primma donna ... smh ..

24-Oct-17
And the real slaves back then could not go back to Africa. I'll bet Bennett could go back to Africa just on what we here on the CF would fund it for! That is as long as he didn't come back. It'd be well worth it.

Maybe we could convince him to bring a like minded friend or three back with him!

25-Oct-17
The NFL better sit up and take notice of the other sports.... Beautiful rendition of the anthem tonight at the World Series by Brad Paisley.... nothing but standing and saluting and a huge flag and RESPECT..... even though most of the players are not from the U.S.

25-Oct-17
That's probably because MLB doesn't recruit as many thugs as the NFL does. The fact that many of MLB's players are NOT citizens is probably why, as they couldn't get in here if they have a criminal record.

25-Oct-17
Kneeler League Update=> TV Execs Look to Cut Thursday Night NFL Games Amid Ratings Disaster

25-Oct-17
How much more of a shellacking will they take before they bounce Goodell? This guy's a trainwreck.

25-Oct-17
10 games may be cut from the viewers on Thursdays ... and GG still says there isnt a problem ... ROFLMAO !! ... caw caw

25-Oct-17

JTV's Link
link ....

25-Oct-17
Nah..JTV...."..ITS JUST YOUR 'MAGINATION." All good in the neighborhood. GG says so! Some of us put COUNTRY FIRST. NFL will NEVER BE THE SAME....FAT, RICH , BLOATED, SMUG AND ARROGANT ....comeuppance is here and I'm enjoying every minute. Former Giants Fan. Mad Dog

25-Oct-17
Let me answer in my best critical thinker voice. Um the NFL always wanted to cancel the Thursday games because the players don’t like them , duh! Everything will be back to normal by the super bowl fellas.

26-Oct-17
The cut in the Thursday scheduling does make some sense. As referenced, the players do not like the Thurs. games because their game plan from Sunday is really just a carry-over from their Sunday game. To wit, they are just walking through some game plans to "get through" the Thurs game, because they are on a short week. They need the week to recover from injuries and what not, and to play 4 days later instead of 7 or 8 is quite a difference. To that end, I can see the NFL "rethinking" the amount of games played on a Thurs. Yet they are in the business of making money and are beholden to an 18 game season. It will be interesting to see how they juggle that.

With that said, I think that the NFL's postulate that the fans are being over-saturated by football (pro and college) being the reason for the ratings drop is a bit of an over-reach. Within the linked article, it stated that the ratings have dropped 21% since 2015. I can believe it. The NFL is blaming "too much football" or younger fans are more into the highlights of the game instead of sitting through the games. I look at that reasoning with a jaundiced eye. Ask yourselves this: In 2015, as alluded to in the article, the NFL was doing quite well. Kaepernick started his bullshit in 2016. 2017 is showing more of these millionaires taking a knee or doing their black power salute.

Fans of the game are tired of the protest. They are tired of the "game" being politicized. The NFL would have you believe otherwise; blaming the falling ratings on over saturation and the loss of young viewership. I would ask them this: So in two years, you've lost 21% of viewers because of too much football and millenials catching highlights on their smart phones? You cannot possibly give any creedence to the idea that maybe since 2016, fans of the games are sick of the blatantly racist black power salutes and the disrespect shown to the country and the game that has made even mediocre talent richer than most of us can imagine?

Perhaps the NFL should take pains to cure their grossly obvious Pollyanna Syndrome and address the real reason behind the loss of their fans.

26-Oct-17

JTV's Link
Could GG be wrong about his assertion that the NFL is doing fine and people like it now... well of course he is wrong ... as he usually is ... see link .... ^^^

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/fox-news-poll-positive-views-nfl-down-18-points-since-2013.html

26-Oct-17
Huh..... here I was just going to check out tonight's game (free on Amazon Prime...)

LOL! that's just what I will do, but only until I need glasses......

I'm not boycotting an entire league because of a couple dipwads. If that were my criteria I'd have to boycott nearly everything...... including bowhunting. Those dipwads will reap what they sow, as Kaepernick has found out and others will as well.

There are some dicks for sure, as in anything (again, see: bowhunting) but there are a great many good folks as well. If you don't see them it's only because you refuse to look. I refuse to throw all that out over a few idiots.

BTW...... If you weren't a regular fan before how is not watching them now any kind of boycott? kinda like boycotting brussel sprouts...... no I never liked them before but now I'm REALLY not gonna eat any.....

BTW..... it's Baltimore 7-0 start of the second quarter. Tony Romo IMO is hands down the best guy in the booth of anyone. He knows his stuff inside out, sometimes calling the plays before the ball is snapped....

The downturn is more likely a combination of things, but I'm sure the politics have had an effect. People are getting turned off by the likes of ESPN, etc. Unless I was shown 2015 was the very peak, I'd have to go with "many factors".

oh...... 10-0 Baltimore.......

26-Oct-17
I was never a NFL fan so my boycott makes no difference. My 5th grade son and his choir sang the anthem at the local high school game tonight. Really cold and light snow. No kneeling to be seen and great game. Had to bail at 1/2 time to get him home for homework but looked like the high school will remain undefeated.

26-Oct-17
TD.... yeah.... that kind of rubs me a little wrong.... guys that don't watch pro football anyways.... saying they're boycotting and thumbing their nose at guys that still watch... You do what is right for you.... I'm pretty sure the NFL is gonna find a way to put an end to this simply because it is costing them money..... Peace.

26-Oct-17
"... I'm pretty sure the NFL is gonna find a way to put an end to this simply because it is costing them money...."

EXACTLY!......and WHY is it costing them money? PEOPLE STOP WATCHING! That's the ONLY thing they understand........$$$$$. You want this crap to end? Then hit the NFL where it hurt$.

And I admit I was never a die hard fan. Oh, I'd watch a game if I had nothing else better to do on a fall afternoon, and I would watch the Superbowl (the actual GAME and not the halftime carnival freak show), but I personally know of at least a half dozen people who WERE real "never miss a game" fans who have stopped watching. And I have a feeling there's a lot more people like them.

27-Oct-17
They had the live bald eagle flying around in the stadium during the Anthem at the World Series..... that's BAD ASS !!!! No kneeling there !!!

27-Oct-17
I read somewhere, Twitter?, that a Dallas Cowboy raised his fist during the National Anthem. Jones, fired him.

01-Nov-17
No matter who dresses up as what at the NFL offices in New York, it’s not likely that their Halloween costume will scare Commissioner Roger Goodell more, than the ratings for Monday Night Football.

01-Nov-17
I haven't watched football this year but heard about cowboys cutting Damontre Moore. Whether it was due to fist raising or play I wouldn't venture to guess. I will state that I am familiar with Moores play as he was once a NY Giant. The man while athletically gifted is a loose cannon. Undisciplined is the best word I could think of to describe him. Stupid penalties, not knowing the game, and mental mistakes are the reason NYG dumped him.

01-Nov-17
They are basically just trained, paid performers. Athletically gifted and well paid, but performers nonetheless. Nobody gives a rat's ass what they "think" and that's NOT why they're out on that field. If they want to spout their beliefs then they can do it on their own time......but the problem with that is no one gives a sh*t, and for the most part we wouldn't be able to understand them anyway......numsayin?

01-Nov-17
The players should just STFU and chase their rubber ball around.

02-Nov-17

02-Nov-17
They are spinning it trying to make it look like over exposure is the reason the numbers are down. Until papa johns reports that pizza sales during games are way down and question NFL leadership. Now ESPN and Fox Sports have lost a million subscribers in Oct alone. ESPN is hemoraging fans so fast at this rate they won’t have enough audience to justify the next NFL tv contract. Fox Sports thought it would be a good idea to have Jesse Jackson insult its audience and they could hear the air going out of thier base audience instantly. Maybe CBS could put on Al Sharpton to sink the ship completely.

03-Nov-17

Franzen's Link
More love for the NFL...

03-Nov-17

70lbdraw's Link
This veteran gets it...and he did the right thing!!

03-Nov-17
After 50 years of watching the NFL I have found other things to do instead of wasting my time watching these overpaid chumps.

03-Nov-17
The baseball players and the LA police people stuck it to them yesterday.

05-Nov-17
NFL Continues to Suffer Massive Numbers of Empty Seats on Gameday

05-Nov-17
even Papa Johns may pull sponsorship ..

05-Nov-17
There was football on today???

05-Nov-17

Solo 's embedded Photo
Solo 's embedded Photo

Solo 's Link
Papa is pissed. Never piss off the Papa.......

05-Nov-17
Hmmmmmm..............................

05-Nov-17

05-Nov-17

05-Nov-17

06-Nov-17

tonyo6302's Link
"I have only one personal thought, really. And I am so disappointed. And I used to love, during the fall and winter, to watch the NFL on Sunday. And it's not that I'm some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year -- didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything. But I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing I can do in my little way is not to preach. I will never watch another NFL game."?

. .

. .

- Vin Scully

06-Nov-17
I watched the game Thursday night, watched three games yesterday (Sunday), and will watch tonight's Monday night game. That said, I support your right to protest, just as I do for the "kneelers." I'm a Navy veteran and a proud American... anyone kneeling has zero to do with the pride I feel for my nation... just like people not watching the NFL has zero impact on me.

06-Nov-17
So if you had a business and I worked for you and I showed up for work that day wearing a shirt that said "N*GGERS SUCK!" on it, that'd be OK with you as my employer, because I was expressing my right to protest?

06-Nov-17
Give it a rest WW. I’m fairly certain you would love to wear that shirt. But equating African-Americans protesting police brutality and oppression is nothing like the shirt you would love to wear. But nice attempt.

06-Nov-17
Speak for yourself assw*pe. It's a legitimate question and is NO DIFFERENT in offensiveness than what the NFL players who kneel are doing. They can do what they want on their time. If they do it at work then their employers must agree with them. And I will NOT give it a rest, just like you won't.

06-Nov-17
atheist, another obama hero. I see it's your shift to come on here and try to stir the $hit, all the while, showing the moron you are. Save yourself the embarrassment, and run off.

06-Nov-17
WW, I'd fire you on the spot for that.

Now, I'll attempt attempt to stay on topic. It wouldn't bother me one bit if NFL owners fired the players who kneel or sit. That's their right as owners of the business. Protests can have consequences, and that would be one example. But, the employees still have the right to protest, even if it costs them their jobs. Just like how you and others have the right to protest by boycotting the NFL, even if it means you deny yourself the enjoyment of following a team and sport you enjoy.

You'll never see me kneel or sit during our national anthem. I love our nation... warts and all. And, the right of FREE SPEECH is among our most treasured rights. I fully support it. I hope you do, too.

Personally, I think the players who are protesting have chosen a very poor way to go about getting attention for their cause. But, they get to make their own decisions... not me. And, I think the NFL boycott counter-protest is silly. But, those who boycott also get to make their own decisions.

I respect the right of kneelers and the boycotters to protest in ways they see fit... as long as they're non-violent and not infringing on the rights of others.

06-Nov-17
"I respect the right of kneelers and the boycotters to protest in ways they see fit... "

.. ..

.. ..

I do not respect their manner of protesting. I do not agree that anyone has the right to disrespect the Flag.

This is my protest speech: Obey the law, treat Cops respectfully, and Cops probably won't shoot you.

06-Nov-17
I never said they didn't have a right to protest......on their own time. I would also fire someone on the spot for that as when they're at work they represent ME. So the NFL should do the same, that is, unless they agree with them. I really don't blame the players, as they are doing this and getting away with it with no consequences. I blame the NFL for letting it go on during games. They own it, so they should pay for it.

06-Nov-17
Interesting in that while I am on a personal boycott of all things NFL, I stopped at friends house yesterday and he was watching football . I sat with him for a few minutes to discuss some work we were going to do at our hunting cabin next week. During that time I noticed that the coaches were wearing OD with camo accents and that there were 2 commercials with players paying tribute to servicemen.

Now was this in observance of veterans day or in response to the anthem controversy or perhaps a bit of both? Damage control you might say.

06-Nov-17
Tiger-Eye: A bit of both. As you probably know, the NFL does have a history of celebrating our first responders and military however OUR military also has a history of paying the NFL for the celebrations.

06-Nov-17
"however OUR military also has a history of paying the NFL for the celebrations."

The first nail in the coffin for the NFL for me. Then they strung St. Louis along with keeping the Rams and the city spent millions of dollars doing what they asked and then they left for LA was the 2nd nail.

The kneeling and protesting was the last nail...

Haven't wasted a Sunday afternoon watching TV once this year and do not anticipate that changing...

06-Nov-17
The right to free speech means ONLY one thing. You cannot be ARRESTED for the speech. That's as far as that Right goes. Period. You can be arrested for infringing on others as in blocking roads, trespass, etc. But not the speech itself.

It is NOT as so many leftist liars state....... a freedom of recrimination resulting from your speech. Leftists seem either easily confused or blatantly dishonest.....

06-Nov-17
Broadcasting legend Vin Scully has weighed in:

From ESPN:

"Vin Scully, the Dodgers' Hall of Fame broadcaster, said Saturday protests by NFL players during the national anthem will keep him from watching the games.

Scully made the remark during an appearance Saturday night at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in California.

During a question and answer session after his speech, he was asked about the players' protests.

Said Scully: "During the fall and winter, I watch the NFL on Sunday, and it's not that I'm some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year, didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything, but I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing that I can do in my little way is to not to preach; I will never watch another NFL game."

His comment was greeted by lengthy applause and cheers."

06-Nov-17
There's only one racist here on the CF that I know of, and that's Atheist.

He's the ONLY one here who judges people by the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

07-Nov-17
Now the wife of a player is saying that the o line of the raiders is letting the QB Derek Carr get hit and injured on purpose because he doesn’t support the protests. They will start eating each other as the tension builds.

07-Nov-17
I saw where the Penn State coach lost a game in the last seconds by a really long, great field goal. His team was going off the field and he came unglued. He rushed over to them and made them go back on the field and shake hands with the winners. He said we will win with class and we will lose with class.

07-Nov-17
FYI, free speech is not unequivocally protected. You cannot go into a movie theatre and yell "fire!" and use the 1st Amendment as a defense. You can get arrested for it. Courts weigh your right to speech with the rights of others to not be harmed by your speech. The same would be true of the t-shirt mentioned. Along with the business owner being potentially responsible for allowing a hostile work environment if the person were not forced to change it immediately or fired.

07-Nov-17

Whitey's Link
Now it gets interesting. The NFL owners will fight the collusion charges by saying this woman claiming Kaepernick raped her stopped them from signing him.

08-Nov-17
Weak 9: Monday Night Football Edition of Packers-Lions Among Lowest Rated Week 9 MNF Games Ever

08-Nov-17
"There's only one racist here on the CF that I know of, and that's Atheist. "

Don't forget LeftHandCanyonArcher, unless he got poofed.

08-Nov-17
Nope. The drug pusher is still here.

10-Nov-17

slade's Link
This is from NBC Sports......

NFL Ratings decline could soon become more pronounced.

10-Nov-17
"I personally hope that they go belly up. I'd rather watch paint dry."

Some sports writers are projecting the NFL will never fully recover and remain damaged goods.

12-Nov-17

Thumper's embedded Photo
Thumper's embedded Photo

12-Nov-17

Solo 's embedded Photo
Solo 's embedded Photo
Solo 's embedded Photo
Solo 's embedded Photo
Today at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, the stands took quite a while to fill to about half full. I don't know what 'normal' is. I think a total of about 2 or 3 Buc's knelt for the anthem. Didn't see any Jets go down....till they got beat.

Still fun, despite the antics of a couple of rebellious players. If they only knew what we know, they might wake up and take their stand for America with the rest of us.

12-Nov-17

12-Nov-17

12-Nov-17

12-Nov-17
No NFL for me this year. Replaced that with Sunday fly fishing and chores around the house . A few salmon in the freezer and a few steelhead all the wiser about estaz eggs. Also the garage is alot cleaner than it has been, some fresh paint in the hallway and livingoom. Wifey is happy I'm happy.

15-Nov-17
AP by Dominic Patten November 14, 2017 6:57am

Monday Night Football suffers another NFL ratings disaster, this one featuring the Miami Dolphins

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article184733378.html#storylink=cpy

15-Nov-17
Miami-Carolina Registers 4th Worst Rating in the History of Monday Night Football

• Sitka Gear