Owl 06-Oct-17
Owl 06-Oct-17
Sharpstick 06-Oct-17
Owl 06-Oct-17
Owl 06-Oct-17
muzzy 07-Oct-17
Owl 07-Oct-17
05-Oct-17

It's been a rough summer for music lovers like me. With the passing of Cornell, Allman and, now, Petty, America has taken a serious hit to her great songwriters. Well, to lighten the sky, I wanted to introduce the Bowsite to a kid who has the bonafides to carry the torch.

Marcus King (only 21) has an old soul voice and amazing chops and tone on his guitar. Humble kid from Greenville, SC. More impressive, he crafts excellent songs. His band is phenomenal, branded jazz-influenced psychedelic southern rock, they have a sound all their own (like the greats mentioned above). Enjoy if you are so inclined.

05-Oct-17
Interesting take Hackbow. The Trucks thing I get. Derek plays on a tune, "Self-Hatred" off the 2nd album. Indelible as always, you don't need to be told he is on the track. lol

I stumbled on Marcus doing a little back round research on Bonamassa's Keeping The Blues Alive cruise. He's all over Youtube. My daughter and I saw the band live in VA Beach. It was kinda of like watching the Allman Bros. kicking around Macon. There weren't 100 people there and they killed it.

05-Oct-17
I hear some Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule in there.

05-Oct-17
muzzy, They're produced by Warren. Marcus cut his teeth on the ABB so,yeah, definitely. He's got Warren's sense of phrasing too, which, in my opinion is the best out there.

05-Oct-17
Great voice and chops, talented kid!

Thanks for sharing.

06-Oct-17
You folks have good ears.

"Rita Is Gone"- a favorite

06-Oct-17

"This Ol' Cowboy" cover

06-Oct-17
Young Warren Haynes

06-Oct-17
"Young Warren Haynes" - Yup. Closest comparison. Here he is with the man, himself, hittin' the note on "Hot 'Lanta"

06-Oct-17
Hackbow, they're still touring small festivals and bars. What amounts to a contemporary chittlin' circuit. But they're getting bigger venues all the time.

Last geek out:

07-Oct-17

muzzy's embedded Photo
muzzy's embedded Photo
Owl, really like this kids sound, new old School if that makes sense. Most definitely hear some Gregg Allman in his vocals and Warren in his guitar, thanks for sharing.

I was 10 feet away from Gary Hoey tonight! Amazing guitarist. Great show and dedicated it to all the first responders, police, firefighters and EMTs.

07-Oct-17
Nice seats, muzzy. :) The best memories are made in small venues. Hoey is definitely a talented player.

• Sitka Gear