sportoutfitter 07-Oct-17
Tiger eye 07-Oct-17
Woods Walker 07-Oct-17
Franzen 07-Oct-17
slade 07-Oct-17
Solo 07-Oct-17
06-Oct-17
Here's a tip for your autumn pruning and trimming:

1. When you get done trimming bushes, shrubs and small branches, dump the trimmings into a plastic trash bin.

2. Get out your hedge trimmer and use it like an egg beater. Turn it on then stick the cutting blade into the plastic bin and grind away; up and down and side-to-side

This accomplishes two things:

1. As most of what's in the bin is actually air, not trimmings, it reduces the volume of the trimmings by 65-75%.

2. When you then empty the trimmings into plastic garbage bags, the cuttings will be too small to puncture the bags, and you'll need far fewer bags as well.

06-Oct-17
120 pounds of bulk in a soft and floppy trash bag?

I can see how that would be a problem. The weight is bad enough, but just getting your arms securely around it would be an even greater challenge.

06-Oct-17

06-Oct-17
So Fruitfly, when are you going to answer IBuild's question that you said you would?

06-Oct-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Freeglee doing what he does best!

06-Oct-17
Here's my version:

Here's a tip for your autumn pruning and trimming:

Rake all the leaves into a pile, toss on all the trimmed branches and other trimmings. Pour 1 cup gasoline over the pile.

Wait 10 minutes. Light match, toss on the pile and go have a cold drink and watch while it all turns into a few cups of ashes. Toss dirt over leftover ashes and go relax.

06-Oct-17
Mike B,

If I set them on fire, it's far too likely the entire city of Reno would burn to the ground, as would thousands of acres near Reno.

06-Oct-17
Mike: That's what I do, only I use diesel. Diesel doesn't "flash" start, but is a slower burn. It gives an old fart like me more time to get far enough away!

I've got a pile of dead trees, old pallets and brush that I've been piling up all summer. It's about 25' long, 15' wide and 10' high. I'll probably use 5 gallons to get that one going!

07-Oct-17
When my Dad moved to CO from NY he caused quite a stir burning trash in the back yard. Everyone in our neighborhood in NY had a burn barrel.

07-Oct-17

sportoutfitter's embedded Photo
sportoutfitter's embedded Photo
I'm with you WW. My pile's a little to big for a trash bag :)

07-Oct-17
One step missing. When complete shove hedge trimmer up Fritz's kiester

07-Oct-17
Missed his question Fruitfly? Here it is, right from the same thread you said you'd answer it on.................

"Have been watching FOX , but can't explain how someone could do this with any AR Platform, looking at the range , 32 stories high ,400 yards , and number of hits , can't be done.".........IBuild

Ball's in your court champ................

07-Oct-17
Strangely enough I think freeglee might actually be right on this one... not sure I ever saw a question stated from IBuild. Funny though coming from one troll to another. "I Never saw that Trolls Question!!!!!"

As for the yard waste, I just throw it out back. If conditions are too dry to burn, I just wait until they aren't.

07-Oct-17
I use a propane roofing torch to start my pile....

07-Oct-17
Here's how I burn my leaves at my place........

• Sitka Gear