Fan sues Cubs and MLB
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Fivers 11-Oct-17
Woods Walker 11-Oct-17
BIG BEAR 11-Oct-17
Woods Walker 11-Oct-17
11-Oct-17
Do you think this will go anywhere? It could open the door to a bunch of other law suits if he is successful. I'm guessing there are signs at Wrigley Field, like other fields, that say "Watch for flying bats and balls". The video that I saw showed him not paying attention to the game and he turned his head to see what the others were moving for/from, and got hit in the eye.

I don't see how it could be the fault of the Cubs or the MLB. It sounds like there will be changes made to add extra netting.

11-Oct-17
I helped coach girl's fastpitch years ago when my daughter played. We were doing an outfield drill at practice where there was a line of girls and a coach hit balls out to them and one at a time they'd step up and field the ball as I stood there and coached them on technique. One of the girls turned her back to the batter and was talking with her team mates and not paying attention to the ball and before I could tell her to focus on the ball she got beaned by a flyball. Lesson learned!!!!

11-Oct-17
I seriously doubt that lawsuit goes anywhere.... it is posted in every ballpark....and on your ticket...... next year a lot of ball parks are adding nets down the lines.

11-Oct-17
"..... next year a lot of ball parks are adding nets down the lines."

Now THAT is a good idea. I had someone give me tickets to a White Sox game several years ago as they had season tickets/seats and couldn't make it that day, so my brother in law and I went.

These were GREAT seats, just behind the visiting team's dugout on the 3rd base line. At Sox field these seats are virtually on the same level as the field itself and you literally feel like you are on the field. But that soon gave way to EXTREME caution on my part, because if a left handed batter got up and hit a straight one foul off the bat it would come straight at us with VERY little time to react.....and I had no glove!!! I've coached 3rd base enough to know the "ballistics"! A net there would have made the game much more enjoyable.

• Sitka Gear