NvaGvUp 11-Oct-17
K Cummings 11-Oct-17
Spike Bull 12-Oct-17
LINK 12-Oct-17
K Cummings 12-Oct-17
11-Oct-17

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
I knew when I flipped the channel I was going to be tortured worse than if I was captured by ISIS.

CNN's Fareed Zakaria had a one hour special on the 2nd Amendment. OMG - for the first time in my life I actually considered asking my wife to hide my guns because I was about ready to off myself - it was that painful.

I always knew he was a tool. But listening to his ramblings, and the guests he pulled into his one-sided expose from Australia, the UK, Japan, ex Obama people, even some Republican senator who served during Nixon - was unbearable.

The one thing I did learn from the show was profound. If you remove all guns from society there will be fewer gun deaths. OMG - why didn't I think of that?

Curious if anyone else saw it. I imagine not. You are all far smarter and less masochistic than I am...

11-Oct-17
Sorry Pat but I don't watch Communist News Network...EVER!

11-Oct-17
Don Lemon is so repulsive I never watch CNN. Let them whine, guns aren't going away in this Country.

11-Oct-17
"The one thing I did learn from the show was profound. If you remove all guns from society there will be fewer gun deaths. OMG - why didn't I think of that?"

-Actually history does not bear that out. Quite the opposite, actually. Unless, of course, one includes the military and government in the definition of "society." I suppose then it is possible but, by the arguments I've heard, those 2 institutions get a pass on firearm bans.

11-Oct-17
all I need to know is WHY you even went to CNN ..... that place is like trying to pull ones own teeth, with no Novocain ....

11-Oct-17
JTV, I used to occasionally watch CNN, MSNBC, etc to see what lies they were telling. Then I started watching Fox for the same reasons. Now, I just turn it all off.

11-Oct-17
Yea.......... I caught it. If you are referring to his show on Sunday morning. I didn't watch all of it but watched enough.

The democrats just need to come out and say they want all guns banned. Period. Then it would be much much easier on them and everyone else. No more beating around the bush. Only the govt is allowed to have the guns. But they won't ever say that, not as a whole party. Its political suicide.

11-Oct-17
Owl: " I used to occasionally watch CNN, MSNBC, etc to see what lies they were telling. Then I started watching Fox for the same reasons. Now, I just turn it all off."

Now that is the same mode I'm in. I read old history books (new ones are full of revisionist drivel), and my home is much quieter.

11-Oct-17
Other than watching a few sports broadcasts, just why would anyone watch television?

11-Oct-17
Syndicated shows. Pat, you sure are a glutton for punishment.

11-Oct-17
My reading quotient is on the uptake, too, sundowner. Drastically. lol

11-Oct-17
"Other than watching a few sports broadcasts, just why would anyone watch television?"

We've got to get our news somewhere Kyle.

The "news" posted here on the CF has proven to be VERY unreliable.

:)

KPC

11-Oct-17
Kevin,

True.

Yet there are lots of places on the 'net to get news, then filter it to discern what's actually the truth.

11-Oct-17
I just can't watch CNN or MSNBC. I find myself talking to the TV and giving it the bird! LOLOL Hannity and Carlson are about the only two guys I can watch.

11-Oct-17
NVA, for the TCM Golden Age of Hollywood movies of the 30's, 40's, 50's and early sixties .... that is the main reason I keep Directv... Yea, I watch Foxnews and the NCIS reruns at times...but never ever never CNN/MSNBC or any of the alphabet/fake news channels..

11-Oct-17
I agree, however you can do the same thing with TV broadcasts. You just have to know how to think, what to believe, what to research and verify, and what to ignore.

And sometimes you just need to know what the morons are saying and thinking in order to rebut it in the future.

KPC

11-Oct-17
Kevin,

How do you get all sides of a story when the TV 'news' networks all spew the same leftist crap?

11-Oct-17
"How do you get all sides of a story when the TV 'news' networks all spew the same leftist crap?"

Get on twitter like me and Pat and follow the Trump family. Get it right from the source Kyle

11-Oct-17
The same Twitter that banned a politician from telling why she was pro life?

11-Oct-17
Twitter?

TWITTER????

Social media is pretty much exactly where I DON'T want to get 'news' or 'facts.'

11-Oct-17

"How do you get all sides of a story when the TV 'news' networks all spew the same leftist crap?"

Critical thinking of course.

:)

KPC

12-Oct-17
I still watch a little "news", mostly FOX, I happen to like Brett Bair even though I have seen some bad tendencies from him on occasion, but I also occasionally watch MSNBC, CNN, CBS, etc. so that I know what the lefties I deal with frequently have been told.

None of it really pisses me off that much, although the comedic value is sometimes high and gives me great fodder when discussions arise!!

My schedule gives me about 15 minutes while getting ready for work in the morning and maybe another 15 in the evening each day. The rest of my small available TV time is spent with Netflix or Amazon series like "Constitution Alive!".

I have a plethora of computer and reading time at work each day.

12-Oct-17
Like Nva said. Why watch news, without it your uninformed, with it you're misinformed. I haven't had tv service of any kind since I was in college 12 years ago. I stay up with current events/ politics and I have a lot of extra time for bowsite, shooting and playing with my kids. I often wonder when I would find time to sit down and watch tv.

12-Oct-17
"Why watch news, without it your uninformed, with it you're misinformed."

Only if you lap it up and take it as gospel. Unfortunately that's what the majority of viewers do...and they know it. That's why they do what they do...on both sides of the political spectrum.

A little independent research ( or dare I say it..."critical thinking") is always in order. Unfortunately, most people are too lazy and are therefore lead around like sheep.

In my business, it is a well known (and accurate) adage that people spend more time planning a one week vacation than they spend planning a 30 year retirement.

In my opinion, the same is true for the "news" people consume.

KPC

• Sitka Gear