BIG BEAR 02-Nov-17
Joey Ward 02-Nov-17
Whitey 02-Nov-17
elkmtngear 03-Nov-17
Woods Walker 03-Nov-17
HA/KS 03-Nov-17
IdyllwildArcher 03-Nov-17
27-Oct-17
I bet they gladly accepted every dollar they got for it, though.

27-Oct-17

27-Oct-17
I still wonder how much it made them.

27-Oct-17
Guessing it bought them some love as well.......

27-Oct-17
Hippies...phfttt...

Matt

02-Nov-17
That whole damn british invasion was the beginning of the end of some great music of the 50's and early 60's.

02-Nov-17
Then there was Linda McCartney the animal rights activist.... when I hear the Beatles or Paul McCartney on the radio I turn the channel....

02-Nov-17
And then we were introduced to some of the best music ever made. The 70s and the 80s. The Beatles influenced some great musicians.

:-)

02-Nov-17
I watched a documentary that said the Beatles made roughly $20 million a year in the first few years touring the US. Lennon and Harrison were worth $300 to $500 million when they died. Ringo was worth $300 million and Paul is worth $1.6 billion. Like Prince said money can’t by happiness but it pays for the search.

03-Nov-17
I did not like hippies myself. The ones that hunted were ok.

03-Nov-17
Their timing was perfect, and they took off like a bullet. As a Musician, gotta give them kudos for their musicianship and songwriting. As much as they made back in the day, the Record Companies probably tripled it. Hard to make that kind of living these days as a musician, even with the Record Companies out of the picture. That's probably why a lot of Geriatric Musicians from that era, are still touring.

03-Nov-17
I had friends who played in garage bands in the 60's. They NEVER played any Beatles music. I asked one musician friend why that was and he said that Beatles music was WAAAY too complicated for the average teenage garage band. They stuck with things like "Gloria" and "Louie Louie".

03-Nov-17
One thing that is often forgotten is that the early rock stars were all trained in classical music and highly skilled musicians.

03-Nov-17
"That whole damn british invasion was the beginning of the end of some great music of the 50's and early 60's."

Say what you will about the Brits, but are you kidding me? 1946-1964 will forever be known as the twenty years that produced the very worst music ever. Not all of it is terrible - some of it is very good. But so much of the most popular music during that era is so incredibly gouge-your-eyes-out horrible, it's incredible. I'd rather listen to rap than bubblegum oompa-loompa nasal harmony Leave it to Beaver Oom bop yuppidy yup BS that was 1950s music. Good Lord! Lock me in a cell and play it long enough, I'd kiss Jesus Christ on the cheek in the Garden of Gethsemane.

• Sitka Gear