BIG BEAR 01-Nov-17
bigeasygator 01-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 01-Nov-17
HDE 01-Nov-17
Annony Mouse 12-Nov-17
Woods Walker 12-Nov-17
sleepyhunter 12-Nov-17
28-Oct-17
In the spirit of the posted title of this thread and a quick glance at the link and text within, no, a religion cannot get special treatment so that it may be governed by its laws that would supersede federal law. As long as those religious laws are in step with federal law, have at it - but it only applies to those affiliated with that religion, and then by choice.

Otherwise, just dismantle the Constitution altogether...

28-Oct-17
"Otherwise, just dismantle the Constitution altogether..."

Which is exactly what the left has always wanted and is what Hillary ran on.

28-Oct-17
I'm shocked every time I see women all bundled up in their burkas defending their religion. It seems to me its the ultimate suppression of women rights....and they go along with it.

28-Oct-17
^^^ or do it out of fear...

28-Oct-17
Under Sharia Law theft is punishable by amputation of the hands;;; And a non Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death;; and a husband can beat his wife for insubordination;;;; And a divorced woman loses custody of her children over 6 years of age.......... None of these things will ever be legal on USA soil.........

28-Oct-17

Annony Mouse's Link
But just across the border...

28-Oct-17
It says in your story Jack that the suspect is being detained in a psychiatric hospital....

29-Oct-17
Female genital mutilation is a cultural norm in some Islamic cultures........ But is illegal in the United States...... and there is a doctor in the metro Detroit area who is being prosecuted for performing the surgeries.....

31-Oct-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

31-Oct-17
Dave...... I don't have problems with people criticizing Islam or Catholicism or any other religion... I'm not trying to silence anyone.... I simply challenged the statement that Sharia Law is in force in parts of Dearborn Michigan.... That is false.

31-Oct-17

Annony Mouse's Link
By degrees...by degrees...

31-Oct-17
By degrees what ? Please expand or explain for the simple minded ......(me)

31-Oct-17
Big Bear,

Don't even bother. Spike, and his ilk of paranoid hand-wringers, will never be convinced.

Matt

31-Oct-17
^^^Convinced of what??

31-Oct-17
That so-called "Sharia law" ( whatever that's suppose to mean) has absolutely no influence in the US.

Matt

31-Oct-17
Correct Gray. We are a country of laws. Religions are a choice but cannot be forced upon us like in some countries. This is much to do about nothing. There are polite, peaceful Muslims and there are evil ones. Just like every other religion and/or group of people. They are just like you.

31-Oct-17
"Religions are a choice but cannot be forced upon us like in some countries"

That's why I'm not afraid of it...

01-Nov-17
Yawn

01-Nov-17
some of you are the worst kind of bigots. I have people in my family that died fighting your kind in Germany during WWII.

01-Nov-17
Nazi's and the muslim world did have a collaboration of sorts during WWII.

As far as the laws and constitutional protection in this country, giving enough people of an ideology, they can and are changed to the will of the majority.

01-Nov-17
Muslims make up about 1% of the population in the USA. That is projected to double to 2% by the year 2050.....

01-Nov-17
I've asked repeatedly and never received an answer...what aspects of Sharia do we need to make illegal?

Sharia does not supersede the laws of the United States -- never has and never will. Where sharia is appropriate is where it does not conflict with the laws of this country. In other words, halal food and refraining from alcohol are completely legal, as is drawing up a marriage contract that is based on sharia, as is writing a will based on sharia -- honor killings are not legal.

There is NOT ONE SINGLE CASE in this country where sharia law was upheld when it contradicted a law in this country. The case cited in your original text (S.D. vs. M.J.R.) was overturned on appeal because the ruling was wrong. Stop this nonsense about sharia. Y'all are scared of a bogey man.

01-Nov-17
Ding ding ding........ Bingo Bigeasygator.....

01-Nov-17
Marriage contracts under sharia are "legal" as long as all involved are on board with it.

A will under sharia is only a legal document as long as is it is recorded in the courts. Even then it can be contested...

01-Nov-17
Precisely HDE. But there are no laws in this country that prohibit the inclusion of a mahr, a dowry provision that is required under sharia, in a prenuptial agreement. If all parties agree and sign the contract, nothing about the incorporation of sharia is illegal. Similarly with inheritance.

Somehow (some) people think that what is going on with sharia in this country is something more and it's something that somehow supersedes our laws. It doesn't.

01-Nov-17
"Somehow (some) people think that what is going on with sharia in this country is something more and it's something that somehow supersedes our laws. It doesn't".

Problem is, that's not how folks that live under Shariah Law feel...

01-Nov-17
"Problem is, that's not how folks that live under Shariah Law feel... "

they are free to feel any way they want. It doesn't matter they think.

01-Nov-17
You are free to feel however you want in this country.

01-Nov-17
"You are free to feel however you want in this country".

As long as you obey the law. Our law. When you are raised from birth that Shariah comes first, there's a potential problem there.

01-Nov-17
When you are raised as a fundamentalist Mormon you may believe in polygamy..... That doesn't make it legal in the United States.......

01-Nov-17
But it's not a problem. Because where they disagree, our laws win. Every time. Always have. Always will.

01-Nov-17
Exactly

01-Nov-17
Until some liberal judge rules that our laws are based on Judeo-Christian beliefs and according to the 1st Amendment, with regard to freedom of religion, there is a conflict. Therefore, all religion should have a bias in our laws, including Islam...

12-Nov-17

Annony Mouse's Link

12-Nov-17
BINGO Mouse!

12-Nov-17
Great link Jack.

• Sitka Gear