BIG BEAR 08-Nov-17
HA/KS 08-Nov-17
Thumper 09-Nov-17
ElkNut1 09-Nov-17
07-Nov-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

07-Nov-17
Man...that makes me cringe just lookin at that.

07-Nov-17
I had to take pictures at a scene like that a few years ago that had a horrific ending.....

07-Nov-17
Bear, I absolutely do not envy many of the things you have to do.

08-Nov-17
Gives me the creeps!

08-Nov-17
Yeah, that's a hard image to look at.

I lost a beloved golden retriever that way. He crawled under my truck for some shade while I was out working on our property. I didn't see him when I fired up the truck to leave, and his old hips didn't allow him enough time to crawl out. I tear up every time I think about it.

Matt

08-Nov-17
Not exactly the same thing, but related. A few years back I was the safety coordinator for our local engineering office and received an e-mail from the national safety leader that stated while people typically drive 15-20k miles per year and drive about 1-2 miles in reverse backing out of parking spaces or driveways, yet 20-30% of all insurance claims are while people are in reverse. When you back into parking spaces you get the opportunity to view the space and make sure it's safe to back into, whereas when you back out of a space, people often overlook making sure everything is clear beforehand.

It doesn't happen frequently, but in our local news you hear a couple times a year someone backing over a small child; I've yet to hear about someone driving over them going forward.

Drive safe.

08-Nov-17
I certainly don't remember every death scene I've ever responded to as it's part of our job... you almost get immune to it.... But I remember every scene involving a child..... drownings, crib deaths and 2 very small children who got under parked vehicles.... Simply horrible......

08-Nov-17
We had a pediatrician who would hammer me at every appointment, asking repeatedly about firearms and their storage. She never once said anything about "back-over" incidents. They happen more than 2500 times a year in this country, far more frequently than children with firearms. With our kids, we have a " safe free " in our yard. The kids have to put a hand on the tree and be visible before a vehicle is moved. I know an older guy who's grandson was killed in a "back-over" in his driveway. Tragic. The kid was four.

08-Nov-17
Yep Rick... and I would bet that a high percentage of those incidents are parents or family members that were driving..... I couldn't think of anything much more horrifying than backing over your own child........You have a good safety system in place......

08-Nov-17
Bear, "But I remember every scene involving a child.."

Your a good man.

The Rock

08-Nov-17
"We had a pediatrician"

It would only happen once if it was my kid's Dr. they would never see any of my family again.

08-Nov-17
Thanks Rock.... but I'm just human and a parent..... I'm curious Henry as to if that picture is something you found on line or if that little one is one of your loved ones.....?? What do you do ?? Sit them down and have a talk about how dangerous it is to play around cars I would think..... And maybe make it a routine to walk around your car

08-Nov-17
BB, it came from a cousin that I have not seen in years but re-connected through Facebook.

09-Nov-17
Look twice and a good belt whooping.

09-Nov-17
Oh my God! That sent shivers up my spine just looking at that photo!

ElkNut/Paul

• Sitka Gear